Portland is weird megathread -

What would you do

• Total voters

A Humble Ewok

I'm much more humble than you would understand.
kiwifarms.net
I hear it's often said that Rose City Antifa is to Portland exactly like the Italian Mafia was to Las Vegas in the 60s and 70s, but with what's happened now and they're pretty much the de facto rulers of the city, they've managed to prove those accusations off so eloquently it's not even funny
But this leads the the question how do they have so much power, assuming they have any. I just find it hard to believe that mere streethugs with only what amounts to chimp-level tactics and fighting power can have so much power of a major US city. At any time the local or state government could just throw the book at them and it would be the end of it. It's not like these guys have a lot of popular support either. I've seen videos of Rose City Antifa getting taken down by police while regular citizens cheer them on. The mayor's office as to be aware that a crackdown would be welcome by the general populous. I can't think of any reason the chamber of commerce or local elite would not oppose a crackdown either. The only backlash they would get would be a violent protest, which just prove the point.

When the mob ran Vegas, it was largely with finance and blackmail. Threat of violence and actual violence was used, but it wasn't bar fight tier fists or milkshakes that Antifa, it was real break-your-bones or bury-you-in-a-ditch-in-the-desert tier violence. These guys can't even deal with some black guys trying to leave a concert.

This leads to some possibilities . First is the local government is so weak and ineffectual, they don't have the guts to reel in a band of misfits nobody likes just because they dress all scary and like to resist arrest. The second is the local government and establishment is so die hard leftist, they let them ruin the city because they attack mean bad conservatives, ICE, and other people they don't like. This is not unheard of, but that was in college towns that don't have anything to lose. Portland is suppose to be a major city after all. The third one is RSA are up to more than just getting into street fights, most likely involved in the drug trade. They then pay off the government or gather blackmail to let them do what they want (sell drugs, bash fasc) and the police are just told to look the other way or just intervine when things get too out of hand. If they do catch them, they give them a slap on the wrist at most. And finally the RSA maybe allowed to stomp around to diswade people from moving to Portland and keep people away. When you peal back the hipster coat of colorful paint, the city's cultural core is made up of deranged backwoods rednecks with a "go back where ya came from" attitude.

It could be a combination of things. Again, I just find it hard to belivie a whole major US city can be controlled by crass brutes with nothing but the willingness to throw hands. Its like a principle of a grade school being afraid of the gang of schoolyard bullies.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
But this leads the the question how do they have so much power, assuming they have any. I just find it hard to believe that mere streethugs with only what amounts to chimp-level tactics and fighting power can have so much power of a major US city. At any time the local or state government could just throw the book at them and it would be the end of it. It's not like these guys have a lot of popular support either. I've seen videos of Rose City Antifa getting taken down by police while regular citizens cheer them on. The mayor's office as to be aware that a crackdown would be welcome by the general populous. I can't think of any reason the chamber of commerce or local elite would not oppose a crackdown either. The only backlash they would get would be a violent protest, which just prove the point.
They help state and local officals get elected and organize their voters

Lissamine Green

Spiteful Chicken Eater
kiwifarms.net
They were literally peeling the bark off all the trees in the area. These fucking spoiled stupid white kids pretending to be revolutionaries need to be thrown in the fucking river.
Yep and again the answer to "why" is just "because no one stops them." They aren't even sending a message with that, other than that they can do whatever they want. This all started getting really out of hand during the "occupy" crap in 2011. The radicals saw that if they pushed the right guilt buttons on local pols they would be allowed to trash parks, riot in the streets, set things on fire, whatever they wanted with impunity, and they figured that was fun and they wanted to keep doing it.

Fucking excuse me for a moment because somehow nobody else has pointed this out yet, does that fucking graffiti say "vore cops"?
I mean like 60% these creeps are troons so you have to expect the usual parade of degeneracy that follows that crowd.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
I think it’s more the council and mayor are afraid of antifa or being seen as opposing antifa which leftists wrongly think constitutes support for the imaginary nazis. Antifa has shown up at night, in masks, outside the mayor’s house to intimidate him. They’ve threatened him and his family. They along with local black thug supporters have intimidated and infiltrated the council to prevent the police from doing anything about crimes committed by protestors. Antifa is doing whatever they can to shut down homeless camp removals. The entire city looks gross and is falling apart from media reports and reddit.

The liberals in Portland are so entrenched though they’ll never have the balls or hold their nose to vote people in that would clean it up. It’s a failing for all west coast cities and states so they’ll just continue to slide and those who can leave will do so, property values will fall. and the rich will probably stay and wallthemselves off like they do and insulate themselves from the problems.

3119967d0c

رنج آمریکایی ها
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This leads to some possibilities . First is the local government is so weak and ineffectual, they don't have the guts to reel in a band of misfits nobody likes just because they dress all scary and like to resist arrest. The second is the local government and establishment is so die hard leftist, they let them ruin the city because they attack mean bad conservatives, ICE, and other people they don't like. This is not unheard of, but that was in college towns that don't have anything to lose. Portland is suppose to be a major city after all. The third one is RSA are up to more than just getting into street fights, most likely involved in the drug trade. They then pay off the government or gather blackmail to let them do what they want (sell drugs, bash fasc) and the police are just told to look the other way or just intervine when things get too out of hand. If they do catch them, they give them a slap on the wrist at most. And finally the RSA maybe allowed to stomp around to diswade people from moving to Portland and keep people away. When you peal back the hipster coat of colorful paint, the city's cultural core is made up of deranged backwoods rednecks with a "go back where ya came from" attitude.
There's no left wingers involved here. The bosses of the fake left neoliberal politicians in Portland are exactly the same as the bosses who give 'antifa' their orders. These are the sort of people who shut down a talk by Max Blumenthal for being 'antisemitic'.

Lissamine Green

Spiteful Chicken Eater
kiwifarms.net
I think it’s more the council and mayor are afraid of antifa or being seen as opposing antifa which leftists wrongly think constitutes support for the imaginary nazis. Antifa has shown up at night, in masks, outside the mayor’s house to intimidate him. They’ve threatened him and his family. They along with local black thug supporters have intimidated and infiltrated the council to prevent the police from doing anything about crimes committed by protestors. Antifa is doing whatever they can to shut down homeless camp removals. The entire city looks gross and is falling apart from media reports and reddit.

The liberals in Portland are so entrenched though they’ll never have the balls or hold their nose to vote people in that would clean it up. It’s a failing for all west coast cities and states so they’ll just continue to slide and those who can leave will do so, property values will fall. and the rich will probably stay and wallthemselves off like they do and insulate themselves from the problems.
I don't even remember who I voted for in the last mayoral election. I only vaguely remember who I voted for in the previous one. Both times it was a choice between "disgusting dumb liberal" and "possibly slightly less disgusting dumb liberal" and "30-40 guys who will get three votes each, one from his mom and one from the producer of his public access show where he rants about how Islamic dolphins have the secret to eternal youth."

Serious reformers, let alone independent types, let alone republican types, don't even get to the point of being on the ballot in Portland, most of the time.

And yeah there are camps everywhere. Usually it would clean up when the rains started, but this must be some kind of extra fucked up water resistant bum invasion because they just stay in their waterlogged tents all winter now.

pwnest injun

An Honest Man is Always in Trouble
kiwifarms.net
There's no left wingers involved here. The bosses of the fake left neoliberal politicians in Portland are exactly the same as the bosses who give 'antifa' their orders. These are the sort of people who shut down a talk by Max Blumenthal for being 'antisemitic'.
Ya. Imo, it's Nike and their ties to Chinese money. Nike and Adidas are HQed in Portland (well, in the suburbs). That's why Portland has mobs of authoritarian "Communist" (actually fascist) drones running the streets whenever they like.

A Humble Ewok

I'm much more humble than you would understand.
kiwifarms.net
They help state and local officals get elected and organize their voters
That would be hilarious given how anti-police and law they are. Its actually likely that a lot the people active in RSA are apart of other activist organizations.

Hux

kiwifarms.net
That would be hilarious given how anti-police and law they are. Its actually likely that a lot the people active in RSA are apart of other activist organizations.
These aren't really a people known for consistency to any rules or ethos, let alone their own. All they truly and honestly believe in is power and that they should solely be the ones to wield it trough any and all means. As schismatic and pants on head re-tarded as the bulk of them are, history has shown us time and time again that those sorts of fuckers are goddamn dangerous and must be denied of any iota of power as much as possible.

TerribleIdeas™

Master of Cunt-Puppets
kiwifarms.net
I keep having urges to visit Portland in the wee hours, about the time these commie larping fucks would be rolling out of bars, and just hanging some beatings on them, but then I remember they'd use it as ammunition to claim "the nahtzees are really here, here's the proof."

But god, it would feel good to give them the licking their dad never did, and that their mom's parade of boyfriends couldn't be bothered to apply.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I keep having urges to visit Portland in the wee hours, about the time these commie larping fucks would be rolling out of bars, and just hanging some beatings on them, but then I remember they'd use it as ammunition to claim "the nahtzees are really here, here's the proof."

But god, it would feel good to give them the licking their dad never did, and that their mom's parade of boyfriends couldn't be bothered to apply.
That wouldn't be good because it would feed their delusion, yes. I do think local drivers should carry a can of bear mace and use it on anyone who tries to pull them out of their cars, though.

pwnest injun

An Honest Man is Always in Trouble
kiwifarms.net
Ya. Imo, it's Nike and their ties to Chinese money. Nike and Adidas are HQed in Portland (well, in the suburbs). That's why Portland has mobs of authoritarian "Communist" (actually fascist) drones running the streets whenever they like.
Then again old man Nike sponsored a Republican candidate for governor this last election who was only a few % points shy of winning in a state that hasn't had a Republican governor since the 1970s. A lot of that was from people fed the fuck up with this nonsense. Could be they're covering their bases - Letting the far left run amok and poison that well, all while keeping the corporate Dems from getting too comfortable by offering a RINO that could step in on them.

Syaoran Li

The Weeaboo Woodwright
kiwifarms.net
I know it will probably never happen, but I'm curious what would happen if a serious federal investigation into Rose City Antifa was launched? I remember that Ted Cruz and several other Republicans wanted to pursue at least some form of inquiry for it after the assault on Andy Ngo back in the summer, but it all kind of fell by the wayside after a while as these things unfortunately so often do.

Right now is a bad time for an investigation because of the upcoming 2020 Election, unless something truly big happens such as Antifa successfully killing someone and it being tied to them in a way where they can't effectively deflect it like they did when Connor Betts snapped and went postal in Dayton.

But if Trump wins in 2020 and the inevitable rioting and Antifa violence happens as a result, it's practically a guarantee that the worst of any post-Election Day violence will be in Portland and if the Antifa movement gets confirmed kills, it will most likely be done by Rose City Antifa, especially in the event of a Trump reelection.

Vaguely designating Antifa as a terrorist organization had about as much effect as designating ICP fans as a street gang as the Antifa movement is too loose-knit.

However, one could easily make the case for RICO indictments against Rose City Antifa (and possibly the other Antifa gangs in the Torch Network) and if anything would put the fear of God into commie punks, it would be federal RICO indictments. If a group that was as powerful and well-organized as the Italian Mafia ended up being laid low by the RICO Act, then Antifa doesn't stand a chance.

You get enough indictments against RCA and soon all those dangerhairs and bugmen who talk a good game about "No Snitching" and how "All Cops Are Bastards" are going to start singing like canaries to give up the true believers and head honchos. The moment Antifa members start facing real consequences for their actions, the whole movement falls apart and goes back to what they were before 2016, simply one of the myriad reasons why punk rock was a mistake.

Last edited:

queue-anon

kiwifarms.net
I'm kind of surprised I'm the first to post this: https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/10/fatal-clash-near-portland-left-wing-hangout-followed-random-argument-not-political-attack-lawyers-say.html?fbclid=IwAR1vvGNoBALJR3Zx77Co_IiP-3B3-gMmQrxMj8EXjXl10oGxgt0If7n4mfA

News is finally starting to come out about Sean Kealiher's death, which is surprising since I thought antifa thugs weren't supposed to talk to any authority figures about what happened:

Fatal clash near Portland left-wing hangout followed random argument, not political attack, lawyers say

A Portland anti-fascist activist killed after leaving a popular left-wing hangout was not the target of a political attack as some speculated on social media immediately after the hit-and-run, two lawyers told The Oregonian/OregonLive on Monday.
The deadly clash appears instead to have followed a verbal confrontation that broke out as Sean Kealiher, 23, and two friends were walking to their car to go home after meeting at the Cider Riot pub, said attorneys Paul Ferder and Zachary Stern.

They represent one of the friends who was with Kealiher early on Oct. 12.

The lawyers’ account is the most detailed version of events leading up to Kealiher’s death.

Police have made no arrests. They have released little information about the case and declined to comment Monday, citing the ongoing investigation.

According to the attorneys, Kealiher and their client, Hyatt Eshelman, 26 walked with another friend about three blocks from Cider Riot to Eshelman’s car parked outside the Democratic Party of Oregon headquarters on Northeast Ninth Avenue near Everett Street.

There, the three got into a random, drunken argument that was initiated by several people on the street they didn’t know, the lawyers said.

After the heated exchange, the strangers piled into a Ford SUV parked nearby and began to drive off, Ferder said.

Suddenly, the SUV pulled a U-turn and hit the gas, slamming into Kealiher, according to Stern. It then crashed into the Democratic headquarters and stalled out on the sidewalk.

At that point, the driver revved the engine and tried to reverse, the lawyers said. That’s when Eshelman took out a legally concealed handgun and fired at the Ford, they said. Eshelman thought the driver was going back up over Kealiher, who was laying in the street, said Stern.

Some of the bullets struck the SUV, according to police.

The driver and passengers spilled out of the SUV and fled from the scene on foot, according to police and Eshelman’s lawyers.

Eshelman and the other friend carried Kealiher, a self-described anarchist who was also known by the name Armenio Lewis, to their car and drove to a nearby hospital. Kealiher died of blunt force trauma, according to the Multnomah County medical examiner.

Early reports of the fatal crash and shooting touched off fears within Portland’s activist community and beyond that ongoing clashes between right- and left-wing groups had turned deadly.

In May, Cider Riot had been the site of a large brawl between anti-fascist patrons of the pub and members of the right-wing group Patriot Prayer, who police and prosecutors say provoked the violent melee.

Police have not said whether they’ve located the SUV driver or any of its passengers.
Two kneejerk takeaways:

First, I very strong doubt shots were fired only after Kealiher got run over.

Second, how the fuck have the police not made any arrests? The SUV was left at the scene. The only way they don't who the driver was is if the car was stolen, and you'd think that piece of information would have come out by now.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

I'll get my humanity and my sanity back.
kiwifarms.net
I'm kind of surprised I'm the first to post this: https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/10/fatal-clash-near-portland-left-wing-hangout-followed-random-argument-not-political-attack-lawyers-say.html?fbclid=IwAR1vvGNoBALJR3Zx77Co_IiP-3B3-gMmQrxMj8EXjXl10oGxgt0If7n4mfA

News is finally starting to come out about Sean Kealiher's death, which is surprising since I thought antifa thugs weren't supposed to talk to any authority figures about what happened:

Two kneejerk takeaways:

Second, how the fuck have the police not made any arrests? The SUV was left at the scene. The only way they don't who the driver was is if the car was stolen, and you'd think that piece of information would have come out by now.
No arrests despite obvious crime resulting in the death of a politically questionable male?

When did hillary clinton go to portland?

YooA

kiwifarms.net

Two kneejerk takeaways:

I actually hope the police making no arrests is just a flex. Like. "yea, you guys wanna throw hissy fits every week, maybe we don't need to investigate crimes committed against you." Why should anyone who isn't antifa give a shit. Wouldn't the police helping them be against their principles anyways?

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net

Two kneejerk takeaways:

No arrests given Antifa openly fired on someone’s car. No arrests of the clearly black dudes who ran over Antifa.

It seems the police chief, mayor, and DA have washed their hands of this mess.

Lissamine Green

Spiteful Chicken Eater
kiwifarms.net
No arrests given Antifa openly fired on someone’s car. No arrests of the clearly black dudes who ran over Antifa.

It seems the police chief, mayor, and DA have washed their hands of this mess.
I am not surprised that basically this Sean guy mouthed off to the wrong guy one last time. He was cruising to get himself punched, shot, or I guess pancaked by an SUV works as well as anything.

If it really was black dudes, I'm sorry but that's kind of hysterical, since antifa thinks everyone else is racist and they are the avengers of racial justice.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino