Twitter Possible restraining order granted to Wu -

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffle

kiwifarms.net
If Jace gets out of this alright its only going to be because they don't serve him or because the judge doesn't believe that that the "harassment" is objectively credible. Those are the only two ways that Jace won't get one against him. Around here I think he'd have a good chance with the judge saying they're non-creadible, but back east? I'm not liking those odds.

I can see Jace going to pretty crazy extents to dodge service just because he hates cops. It should be even easier since they're probably trying to serve at the address Eli gave and he won't have to do anything to not get them.

• Agree
Reactions: Saul Goodman

Shugo

kiwifarms.net
Restraining orders are such a waste of everyone's time. Truly dangerous people do not give a fuck about a paper shield.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html?_r=0

Also that a court-order doesn't mean shit, if the police fail to stop your violent husband from throwing lye in your face and blinding you, it's not their job to protect you, even with a protection order. It's literally a piece of paper that no policeman has to enforce if he doesn't want to.

blackie toy

I am become Onii-san
kiwifarms.net

Also that a court-order doesn't mean shit, if the police fail to stop your violent husband from throwing lye in your face and blinding you, it's not their job to protect you, even with a protection order. It's literally a piece of paper that no policeman has to enforce if he doesn't want to.
Yeah, that's true. The deal though is that with a restraining order, the police actually can arrest someone just for being present at a location. Unless they were trespassing, they couldn't do that otherwise. It's not perfect, I'll admit that, but it's something.

What the real sinister thing here is that Wu is trying to "signal boost" her exceptionalism on the back of the legitimate fight to improve protection against wife beaters. I hope and pray that it backfires on her.

rocket

14/f/japan
kiwifarms.net

That's pretty inaccurate, cynical, and atypical of my own experience. The average cop absolutely will step in, as necessary.

@blackie toy is not wrong regarding what these orders are supposed to accomplish, philosophically speaking; in practice, however, too often the damn things just enrage the loony tune and provoke him/her into doing something truly over-the-top, with tragic results.

I realize I'm being cynical myself, so five points from Gryffindor for hypocrisy I guess. Again, none of this matters because Jace is just a doofus.

blackie toy

I am become Onii-san
kiwifarms.net
in practice, however, too often the damn things just enrage the loony tune and provoke him/her into doing something truly over-the-top, with tragic results.
Oh, I absolutely agree. Going to the cops or the courts and trying to get that piece of paper is at best meaningless if the person threatening you is actually dangerous and determined. Any person who gets one of those and actually needs it should always couple it with retreating to a safehouse of some kind until the threat passes.

• Agree
Reactions: anephric

Shugo

kiwifarms.net
The average cop absolutely will step in, as necessary.
The thing is, most people aren't around police most of the time, and violent dangerous people usually aren't kind enough to wait patiently while you call the police and beg for help.

But sorry for going offtopic, let's go back toward this trainwreck's restraining order.

DeagleDad420

kiwifarms.net
Actually, it's a well-established principle that it's the content of the threat, and not the medium that counts. I can give you 500 horror stories of people getting charged for making a true threat on social media, where they thought it "didn't count because it was on the internet." Almost every court everywhere has held that you get full first amendment protections online, but you also remain liable for speech that constitutes libel, a true threat, etc.

As for the instant case, yes, these video acts can count as harassment if a judge believes that (a) they are objectively intimidating and (b) that Brianna actually was intimidated.
I've been reading all of your posts in Saul's voice and it's really helping my immersion, would recommend this to anyone else

Smutley

Kill Count: 2
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Oh, I absolutely agree. Going to the cops or the courts and trying to get that piece of paper is at best meaningless if the person threatening you is actually dangerous and determined. Any person who gets one of those and actually needs it should always couple it with retreating to a safehouse of some kind until the threat passes.
Absolutely true. A restraining order didn't stop the guy who assaulted my girlfriend from coming to her house a second time, or her work a third time after being released on a minimal bail by again.

Luckily breaking his face with a shovel stopped him the second, and mace and a big coworker holding him down so she could punt him unconscious did what the piece of paper couldn't.

Wu makes me sick with shennanagins like this.

A-№1

A Hobo With Options
kiwifarms.net
She's also literally breaking rule number one any lawyer tells a restraining order client: "cease all interaction with defendant". Personally, I think Wu knows she doesn't have a chance to get it, but if she says it's an order and jace believes her, maybe it's just as good for her.
That assumes Wu actually gives a damn about keeping Jace away from her. I think she knows Jace is not a threat, but is looking at him as an easy way to get documentation "proving" her supposed victim status to boost her patreon income. To that end she's already got what she wanted, as this TRO is probably more than enough "evidence" to squeeze the idiots who give her money into shelling out a little more. And if she fails to make the TRO permanent? Well that's just "evidence" that she is also a "victim" of the courts.

Restraining orders are such a waste of everyone's time. Truly dangerous people do not give a fuck about a paper shield.
Restraining orders are hardly a waste of time. They have one very important use: Should you inevitably end up having to shoot or otherwise harm a truly dangerous person threatening you, having a restraining order already in place against them makes your own case for self defense a hell of a lot simpler to establish, both in the criminal and civil courts. And if the restraining order somehow actually does convince them to leave you alone? Well that's all to the good as well.

Smutley

Kill Count: 2
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
That assumes Wu actually gives a damn about keeping Jace away from her. I think she knows Jace is not a threat, but is looking at him as an easy way to get documentation "proving" her supposed victim status to boost her patreon income. To that end she's already got what she wanted, as this TRO is probably more than enough "evidence" to squeeze the idiots who give her money into shelling out a little more. And if she fails to make the TRO permanent? Well that's just "evidence" that she is also a "victim" of the courts.
This is nothing to start cheering about, but from last week to this one, she has actually lost 5 patreon subscribers. Unless I'm missing some big detail, I think she's tapped out the market on marks. Everyone is moving to whatever the New Hotness is, and eventually their support will have to be pulled from the old victims to the new ones.

Or maybe she's just cleaning house on her account, who even fucking knows with Brianna Wu. She's a liar and trainwreck.

A-№1

A Hobo With Options
kiwifarms.net
Absolutely true. A restraining order didn't stop the guy who assaulted my girlfriend from coming to her house a second time, or her work a third time after being released on a minimal bail by again.

Luckily breaking his face with a shovel stopped him the second, and mace and a big coworker holding him down so she could punt him unconscious did what the piece of paper couldn't.
While the restraining order did nothing to prevent that asshat from continuing to harass her, I'm fairly confident that at the very least it helped a little in preventing him from turning around and pressing civil damages. Among other things.

Normally when you break someone's face with a shovel (or even just spray them with pepper spray as Chris Chandler is learning), you can usually expect some sort of legal repercussions to come your way. But when that person is actively violating a restraining order at the time, well, their legal recourse against you becomes extremely limited in scope. Now this isn't to say that restraining orders are a license for vigilantism; the person has to actually violate them for you to be able to do anything in your defense. However restraining orders do make the legal process of having to deal with threatening, dangerous, violent people a lot smoother.

This is nothing to start cheering about, but from last week to this one, she has actually lost 5 patreon subscribers. Unless I'm missing some big detail, I think she's tapped out the market on marks. Everyone is moving to whatever the New Hotness is, and eventually their support will have to be pulled from the old victims to the new ones.

Or maybe she's just cleaning house on her account, who even fucking knows with Brianna Wu. She's a liar and trainwreck.
I'm not surprised Wu is losing marks. An act like that cannot be sustained forever; most good con men know when to move on, but Brianna clearly doesn't. That may be why Wu's pursuing this thing with Jace: it's a way to shore up diminishing income. As more and more people see through the facade and stop sending Briana their money, I only expect the "victim" rhetoric to ramp up and get ever more strident. Which may work for a short while, but is bound to backfire eventually.

Da Big Staw

kiwifarms.net
I just want to point out that the first thing they tell victims of stalking, harassment, &/or cyber-bullying is: "Don't interact with the person attacking you." Meaning, this parade of twitter updates and direct references is either done by the world's most culpable tranny, or Brianna is doing it on purpose.
Tranny Wu is an actual professional victim. Shit like this is her livelihood.

I understand that these things are rather easy to get enforced. However, would jace not be able to say this was all an absurd parody, with him acting as the strawman GG character the trans-wu-clan like to use? I mean only real threat is the "Assassin's Creed style" shit from that video.

Jace has also never been anywhere near wu, he should at least argue that there has never been any credible threat.

Would Jace still be able to make videos featuring Wu? It seems to me there is nothing stopping this unless he makes a real credible threat to him?

Last edited:

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Would Jace still be able to make videos featuring Wu? It seems to me there is nothing stopping this unless he makes a real credible threat to him?
She tries her hardest to make herself a public figure, which I imagine is going to really water down any weight her restraining order could have when it comes to Jace discussing her.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
She tries her hardest to make herself a public figure, which I imagine is going to really water down any weight her restraining order could have when it comes to Jace discussing her.
Celebrities get restraining orders all the time. Of course, they're usually against nuts with a long history of obsession, often by delusional people who believe they're somehow in a relation with the celebrity, and usually, the celebrities have had disturbing real world interactions with them.

In some ways, Jace really does look like one of these at first blush minus any real world interactions. Without anyone presenting his side of the story, it would be pretty easy to paint an ugly picture.

Of course, celebrities usually have professional security and are told to avoid ever mentioning their stalkers or otherwise fueling their obsessions. Wu just as obviously publicly taunts people she is supposedly terrorized by, and uses them to pimp her Patreon. I think all this kind of behavior is deeply incompatible with actually feeling threatened.

That tweet of a picture of a courtroom is the height of that kind of shit. It basically cries out that this whole thing is a publicity stunt. If she testifies about how scared she supposedly is, she could be ripped to shreds by a decent cross examiner based on the shit she's done. The fact that she sent out a friend to taunt and provoke the "stalker" is chief among them.

Maybe she didn't know about that, but he sure went out of his way to emphasize what a close friend he is that he's white knighting for. Maybe he was exaggerating that. I'd like to see him explain it in court, though, while Wu predictably tries to throw him under the bus.

StallChaser

Wolf-Souled Individual
kiwifarms.net
Celebrities get restraining orders all the time. Of course, they're usually against nuts with a long history of obsession, often by delusional people who believe they're somehow in a relation with the celebrity, and usually, the celebrities have had disturbing real world interactions with them.

In some ways, Jace really does look like one of these at first blush minus any real world interactions. Without anyone presenting his side of the story, it would be pretty easy to paint an ugly picture.

Of course, celebrities usually have professional security and are told to avoid ever mentioning their stalkers or otherwise fueling their obsessions. Wu just as obviously publicly taunts people she is supposedly terrorized by, and uses them to pimp her Patreon. I think all this kind of behavior is deeply incompatible with actually feeling threatened.

That tweet of a picture of a courtroom is the height of that kind of shit. It basically cries out that this whole thing is a publicity stunt. If she testifies about how scared she supposedly is, she could be ripped to shreds by a decent cross examiner based on the shit she's done. The fact that she sent out a friend to taunt and provoke the "stalker" is chief among them.

Maybe she didn't know about that, but he sure went out of his way to emphasize what a close friend he is that he's white knighting for. Maybe he was exaggerating that. I'd like to see him explain it in court, though, while Wu predictably tries to throw him under the bus.
The courtroom is basically like Brianna Wu's Colbert Report.

Misbun Sidek

kiwifarms.net
Restraining orders are hardly a waste of time. They have one very important use: Should you inevitably end up having to shoot or otherwise harm a truly dangerous person threatening you, having a restraining order already in place against them makes your own case for self defense a hell of a lot simpler to establish, both in the criminal and civil courts. And if the restraining order somehow actually does convince them to leave you alone? Well that's all to the good as well.
This, it starts a paper trail, which is always important, but it also prevents the person with the RO or TRO from purchasing a firearm. Technically, they can still probably end up getting one through a private sale, but even then, it's still illegal. It's just that private sellers can't do NICS (background) checks as easily. If someone with a TRO or RO gets caught with a gun, it's an instant weapons charge. Can't really do anything about knives, though.
But, it's a bit of a moot point in this case, because Jace can't legally purchase a firearm anyway.

On a somewhat related note, can Brianna Wu not purchase a firearm? A Mossberg and an LC9 would be perfectly adequate for her defense needs. She's making something like $14,000 a month these days, I think putting 4-600 towards personal defense would be a totally reasonable option.
At this point, I don't think anyone would give her shit about it, she is getting threats every day. Dumb, internet threats, but still threats. I don't see why she's relying on the police so much.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This, it starts a paper trail, which is always important, but it also prevents the person with the RO or TRO from purchasing a firearm. Technically, they can still probably end up getting one through a private sale, but even then, it's still illegal. It's just that private sellers can't do NICS (background) checks as easily. If someone with a TRO or RO gets caught with a gun, it's an instant weapons charge. Can't really do anything about knives, though.
But, it's a bit of a moot point in this case, because Jace can't legally purchase a firearm anyway.

On a somewhat related note, can Brianna Wu not purchase a firearm? A Mossberg and an LC9 would be perfectly adequate for her defense needs. She's making something like $14,000 a month these days, I think putting 4-600 towards personal defense would be a totally reasonable option.
At this point, I don't think anyone would give her shit about it, she is getting threats every day. Dumb, internet threats, but still threats. I don't see why she's relying on the police so much.
Because if she doesn't have a gun she can assert her victimhood so much more.

And guns are phallic man tools blah blah blah...

A-№1

A Hobo With Options
kiwifarms.net
This, it starts a paper trail, which is always important, but it also prevents the person with the RO or TRO from purchasing a firearm.
I really don't want to turn this into a huge gun debate, but it depends on the state and the type or restraining order. I don't know the legal specifics in Massachusetts, but usually it's only permanent domestic orders that include restrictions like that, and I seriously doubt Wu is getting one of those.
On a somewhat related note, can Brianna Wu not purchase a firearm? […] I don't see why she's relying on the police so much.
Wu doesn't need protection from Jace. Wu isn't interested in protection. Wu is interested in patreon profits. And Jace and now Tyce, apparently, are delivering (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino