Post Ratings Discussion -

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

Should we have a fish hook rating?

• Yea

Votes: 479 85.1%
  • Nay

Votes: 84 14.9%

• Total voters

Null

Ooperator
Patriarch
kiwifarms.net
So I'm trying out something that probably wont work well.

You can now rate posts in a multidimensional way. All posts have the "facepunch" bar with different ways of critiquing a message.

You can only rate a post once.
Old likes are now a "Like" rating.
Positive and negative ratings are counted against each user.
If you receive more than 10 negative votes, and that accounts for 60% of all your posts' ratings, it will hide the message.

The system is really flexible so I'll probably be customizing them to each board in the future. As for now I want to see how it plays out.

Last edited:

Null

Ooperator
Patriarch
kiwifarms.net
I really like this, but I fear that people are still going to like the hell out of shitposts and a-logging.
Good news! They already do and this can't possibly work any less effectively than what exists.

What this may encourage, however, is rating a-loggers as "funny" instead of just liking them. I may be able to filter posts by their rating, so you can maybe sort posts by "Informative" rank. Posts that are interesting and helpful won't get rated funny so you can just string those out.

Tags
None