Votes: 568 85.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 94 14.2%

• Total voters

Syaoran Li

All Punks Are Bastards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm wondering if we should add a "Black Pill" or "Doomer" rating for posts that are in that same "out there and unlikely" territory as the Optimistic rating, but are focused entirely on negative or overly apocalyptic sentiments instead of something that's just unlikely or too optimistic?

Since the COVID-19 pandemic started ramping up, I've noticed these posts have become a more common thing, understandably so.

I do think it should be a neutral rating like the current Optimistic rating is, which is why I'm really wondering whether or not it should be a new rating or if the Optimistic rating is fine for now.

As autistic as this probably sounds, it just feels weird to be rating doomer-tier posts as "optimistic", even though the rating isn't meant to be taken literally.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm wondering if we should add a "Black Pill" or "Doomer" rating for posts that are in that same "out there and unlikely" territory as the Optimistic rating, but are focused entirely on negative or overly apocalyptic sentiments instead of something that's just unlikely or too optimistic?

Since the COVID-19 pandemic started ramping up, I've noticed these posts have become a more common thing, understandably so.

I do think it should be a neutral rating like the current Optimistic rating is, which is why I'm really wondering whether or not it should be a new rating or if the Optimistic rating is fine for now.

As autistic as this probably sounds, it just feels weird to be rating doomer-tier posts as "optimistic", even though the rating isn't meant to be taken literally.
I've used lunatic and then unwatched that shitshow of a thread. Helps a lot to do that.

brutal poodle

kiwifarms.net

I mean the opposite of optimistic would be pessimistic. Instead of a rainbow, it could be a raining cloud. Like this: 🌧 or this ⛈. I could see it working.

Syaoran Li

All Punks Are Bastards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've used lunatic and then unwatched that shitshow of a thread. Helps a lot to do that.
True, but I've noticed it's become a lot more common even outside the main Corona thread.

I stopped following the main thread in Happenings a while ago now.

Lunacy probably is a good choice for those kinds of posts in lieu of an official pessimistic rating, to be honest

brutal poodle

kiwifarms.net
True, but I've noticed it's become a lot more common even outside the main Corona thread.

I stopped following the main thread in Happenings a while ago now.

Lunacy probably is a good choice for those kinds of posts in lieu of an official pessimistic rating, to be honest
In a way I already don’t really like the idea of rating every post that’s speculating a little bit too hopefully as optimistic. It kinda shuts down discussions, or limits them because you can just slap a rainbow on someone’s post and ignore it. (At least, in my experience.)

If we’re gonna police everyone’s posts like that, and if they’re too negative or too positive, that’s gonna get a little cancerous. It’ll be like a never-ending balancing act of trying to be neutral at all times.

The Last Stand

RIP Olivia de Havilland (1916-2020)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's my ratings criteria:

Like: I don't exactly agree with what you said, but I agree with the sentiment or I liked your joke a little bit.
Dislike: I pretty much dislike what you said.
Agree: I agree mostly or completely with what you said.
Disagree: I disagree mostly or completely with what you said.
Winner: You made me laugh and/or you had a good analysis or takedown of something.
Semper Fidelis: TOP KEK
Deviant: You're a degenerate.
Informative: Your post contains some information I didn't know about already.
Thoughtful: Your post is not a post I agree or disagree with, but it makes me think.
Feels: Your post makes me say "awwwwwww" in a heartfelt way.
Islamic Content: Either when something pro-Islam is posted or something so degenerate that it might as well be pro-Islam.
Drink!: You said something stupid, but you made me laugh.
Lunacy: Utter nonsense.
Autistic: Focusing on way too many unimportant details or you say something that reeks of a whiner.
Horrifying: Your post disturbed me in some sort of way.
Optimistic: Your post is a bit out there in terms of your assumption of whether something is like
TMI (or Powerlevel): You reveal your personal details to the Farms and they are embarrassing.
Late: Your post was late.
Dumb: Your post is dumb.
MOTI: You sound like you're mad.

Highlight and bookmark this post so newfags can get sort of the feel for this place.
I like his way of thinking. Must've took a lot of things.

Deviant I would use if somebody is very descriptive about sexual behavior. To the point of being disturbing.

Who even uses dislike? Disagree I feel is a better rating. Maybe you don't agree with what they posted, but you respect their opinion or the person. And that poster was calm with it.

Islamic Content I typically use for Islamic posts that err on conservative Islam. It feels like a poor man's Deviant or Horrifying rating.

Horrifying would be if there's information on a post that I think WTF? But not necessarily the poster's fault.

There should be an option to block certain people from spam rating your profile.

THOTto

Kamov’s (legal) personal cum dumpster.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'd love to see a fat shaming rating. Like an icon of a treadmill or a big cartoon ham or something.
I love this idea, but I think it should be a scale. There’s a surplus of “I never eat fast food”, “Not a fat and never been one-” and “I’ve lost x weight” to prove they’re better then women who can’t wipe their asses. I need a more streamlined way to call posters fat- I mean point out the horrible fat shaming that goes on.

Shield Breaker

^_^
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd love to see a fat shaming rating. Like an icon of a treadmill or a big cartoon ham or something.

That's when you screenshot their giant list of reactions and laugh at them for it.
The best part is when they try to explain why each rating was a sincere reaction despite taking place in different forums and within moments of each other.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's my ratings criteria:

Like: I don't exactly agree with what you said, but I agree with the sentiment or I liked your joke a little bit.
Dislike: I pretty much dislike what you said.
Agree: I agree mostly or completely with what you said.
Disagree: I disagree mostly or completely with what you said.
Winner: You made me laugh and/or you had a good analysis or takedown of something.
Semper Fidelis: TOP KEK
Deviant: You're a degenerate.
Informative: Your post contains some information I didn't know about already.
Thoughtful: Your post is not a post I agree or disagree with, but it makes me think.
Feels: Your post makes me say "awwwwwww" in a heartfelt way.
Islamic Content: Either when something pro-Islam is posted or something so degenerate that it might as well be pro-Islam.
Drink!: You said something stupid, but you made me laugh.
Lunacy: Utter nonsense.
Autistic: Focusing on way too many unimportant details or you say something that reeks of a whiner.
Optimistic: Your post is a bit out there in terms of your assumption of whether something is like
TMI (or Powerlevel): You reveal your personal details to the Farms and they are embarrassing.
Late: Your post was late.
Dumb: Your post is dumb.
MOTI: You sound like you're mad.

Highlight and bookmark this post so newfags can get sort of the feel for this place
Mine's more simple:

Like: You made me laugh/you made a good point
Agree: I agree
Winner: You went out of your way to make something that made me laugh
Semper Fidelis: Winner+1, really. Also dox
Deviant: You have a weird fetish
Informative: Your post has information I think is informative to the general Kiwi
Thoughtful: When people pose a question that I can't answer
Feels: Your post makes me feel feelings, good or bad
Drink!: When I'm conflicted between two other ratings and can't make my mind up
Lunacy: The linked content is insane.
Autistic: You're insane
Optimistic: You're too hopeful for this impure world.

I don't use the others much.

The Pink Panther

Speechless
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mine's more simple:

Like: You made me laugh/you made a good point
Agree: I agree
Winner: You went out of your way to make something that made me laugh
Semper Fidelis: Winner+1, really. Also dox
Deviant: You have a weird fetish
Informative: Your post has information I think is informative to the general Kiwi
Thoughtful: When people pose a question that I can't answer
Feels: Your post makes me feel feelings, good or bad
Drink!: When I'm conflicted between two other ratings and can't make my mind up
Lunacy: The linked content is insane.
Autistic: You're insane
Optimistic: You're too hopeful for this impure world.

I don't use the others much.
Why am I insane?

I just wanna help the newfags.

• Feels
Reactions: Bender

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A Muslim man ties some dynamite to his chest then runs through the street of a Muslim dominant Arab culture city looking for some Americans to blow up. "Alluah Akbar! Jihad!" He screams. He runs upon Trent. Trent speaks and he realises that Trent is American and the man looks close to pulling the trigger and detonating the dynamite. He keeps screaming "Alluah Akbar! Jihad!" Trent stops him and says to the man "lately I have been getting along with Muslims all the time. I know what will save your life today" and turns around and drops his pants exposing his anus. The Muslim mans jaw drops just as many other have done as he gazes into Trent's hella tight anus. "By my Allah I do not need to explode today. That is an anus that must be provided by god I think. No other explanation." "See?" says Trent "no one needs to die today" then the man takes the dynamite off and rushes Trent tackling him to the ground and slamming his cock into the anus of Trent.

Then the man explodes.

Then Trent goes to Jerusalem but all the Trump's Chosen People care about is money and they know Trent has been providing anal for sexualising Muslims so they are upset he is there. But Trent drops his trousers and bends over exposing his anus. The Trump's Chosen People suddenly react "what the blatant?" they say and things of that nature. They all stop observing their constant Trump's Chosen holidays and take off their stars of David and drop their credit cards and stop being Kosher and slam their cocks all at once giving Trent multiple anal penetrations simultaneously thrusting right on the spot where Jesus was born.

They all explode. For technical reasons I know I cannot prove Jerusalem ever really existed but if it did it was in Israel and Trent knows how to find these places then allow men to find pleasure in his anus in these special placed he finds. Real talk

They all explode

Reactions: Salad_Dodger

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
We should 100% have a "projection" icon that's just a reel-to-reel projector, both for how applicable it is to many cows and the endless slapfights rating other kiwis "projecting" would create.
It has to be really confusing, though, so nobody has any idea what it means even a few months later. Like the awesome powerlevel icon that nobody understands.

Guts Gets Some

kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one that finds the new 'expansion' of them a little annoying sometimes?

All the ratings used to be all laid out to use immediately, and now you have to hover over "like" to keep the others open. I notice it can be a little annoying sometimes to get to the rating you want in that manner, without accidentally closing the box and having to do it over again. Seems like an unnecessary step, is all.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one that finds the new 'expansion' of them a little annoying sometimes?

All the ratings used to be all laid out to use immediately, and now you have to hover over "like" to keep the others open. I notice it can be a little annoying sometimes to get to the rating you want in that manner, without accidentally closing the box and having to do it over again. Seems like an unnecessary step, is all.
I would've rated you Winner but I moved the cursor too far and the box closed and I'm too lazy to do it again.

Tags
None