Post Ratings Discussion

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Should we have a fish hook rating?

• Yea

Votes: 751 86.1%
  • Nay

Votes: 121 13.9%

• Total voters

Clown Baby

ask her how she's dooeeen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean, it’s funny to rate things “Islamic Content,” but honestly IDK what kind of response it actually substitutes for.
Islamic Content = gross. I use it when something is disgusting, or when someone says something so autistic it makes me feel grossed out.
A lot of the newfags are also furries
Autistic is the rating for this.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IMO, post ratings should substitute for the most common, trite responses that warrant no elaboration (e.g., responses like “I agree,” “LOL,” “I like this,” “fuck you,” etc.). Several of the current ratings (or in some cases, the icons) fall outside of that scope. I mean, it’s funny to rate things “Islamic Content,” but honestly IDK what kind of response it actually substitutes for.
Islamic Content is Semper Fidelis for shitposts.

Coffee Shits

Get a grip
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's the best rating for a post that contributes nothing? Oftentimes I simply use dumb or late, but there's a lot of newfags who post despite saying absolutely nothing contributing to the thread and they're oftentimes off-topic.
A lot of the newfags are also furries and I hate them.
For posts that don't further the conversation, negative or positive, I don't rate 'em at all. Idle chatter, inane observations, stuff like that, I'll leave the rating box empty.

Ratings are less meaningful than full posts (by design, otherwise you get blankposting and other white noise everywhere) but it's still a measure of your interaction with the poster. If you don't care what he's got to say, don't bother with the rating.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Where have all my stickies gone, and is anyone else having trouble rating posts?
Yup, I only have these.

SmartSelect_20210210-155330_Brave.jpg

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't even have the disagree sticker now.
I don't even have the disagree rating.
Apparently I'm part of the disagree rating master race.

Edit: and I lost it. Only have like/dislike, feels, informative and agree now.

Edit edit its probably not productive to sit here discussing Null editing something in real time. It's got to be the worst spectator sport ever.

Clown Baby

ask her how she's dooeeen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's a site-wide thing. I'm currently in Multimedia and all the ratings are restricted there, too.
It's currently a site-wide thing, because he's actively working on it. Look at the forum list and see that A&N&H now have been isolated to their own section. Read this post:
It's up to you how you analyze how people react to your post. If you are going against the grain in a thread you should expect that people will react negatively. If you expected a lot of approval and you're suddenly under 20 dumb and autistic ratings, you may want to take a step back and re-read what you said with a fresh perspective, because you may in fact be saying some real retard shit.

The system exists so people can say "yes i agree" or "no i disagree" without needing to reply. It was a big fucking problem in the early forum where people would just quote-reply and say "I agree with this 100%."

Actually, with so much complaining about stickers from mostly off-topic users, it makes me wonder what would happen if we just turned off ratings in A&N / Happenings
And recognize that when changes are made to a site like that it requires some work that might mildly inconvenience you for a few minutes. Maybe if people didn't immediately start crying about stickers (having them or not having them) he wouldn't have to do this at all.

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
It's currently a site-wide thing, because he's actively working on it. Look at the forum list and see that A&N&H now have been isolated to their own section. Read this post:

And recognize that when changes are made to a site like that it requires some work that might mildly inconvenience you for a few minutes. Maybe if people didn't immediately start crying about stickers (having them or not having them) he wouldn't have to do this at all.
I wasn't whinging, just pointing out that it wasn't relegated just the A&H. Don't get your hackles up so quickly.