Post three, get recommendations - Harnessing organic synergy to expand people's musical horizons.

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

SITHRAK!

ESL teenager spouting gibberish and angry words.
kiwifarms.net
Okay, so, the idea behind this thread is for people to help each other discover new music.
Especially for people with non-mainstream musical tastes, finding new music is always better when someone says "if you like that, check this out".

So here's what you do.
Have a listen to the three tracks someone links, and if you think you know some tracks they might like, reply with links.
If you've heard the recommendations before, give them a Like anyway.
If you find something new that you like, given them a Winner. Even if you're cruising someone else's three picks.
Bonus points for obscure or low-count music.

Here are my first three:
Ewigkeit- 'It's Not Reality'- a little bit metal, a little bit industrial, a little bit EDM, sadly not as well known as it deserves.
Pitchshifter- 'W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G'- putting the 'punk' back in Cyberpunk.
IC3PEAK- 'Плак-Плак' ('Boo hoo')- lush Russian Gothic. Much like Die Antwoord, but not shit.

CharlesBarkley

Give me candy or fucking die.
kiwifarms.net
I actually disliked all three of those. Guess I’ll recommend these polar opposite’s for peeps.

1. Damu The Fudgemonk - Grace Values. Lo-fi hop.

2. Ritchie Everett - You’ve done enough. Jazz

3. Sui Uzi - Dangerous. Future funk/city pop.

Uberpenguin

Flightless Bird Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
But then if I'm just suggesting music based upon the prior person's music, how will they know what I'm into? This concept confuses me, friend.

Anyways, #1:
This shit is what Ivan Moody was doing before he was in Five Finger Death Punch and also going into rehab for alcoholism. Another fun fact, they legit invented an instrument called a motograter, which is like industrial cables you smack with drum sticks.

Alternative: Spineshank was a thing at one point. Here's spineshank. This isn't their best song:

This is less based on similarity and more on the period, and the fact I like it. Flaw was a fairly good yet fairly underappreciated band:

#2 I don't want to insult anyone's intelligence by bringing up Static X for the second one, but outside of metal I'm a bit out of my depth, or at least more than usual:

#3 For the third this whole album is alright. It lacks the drive you've got going on there, but it's got EDM elements and female vocals, so:

Whole album:

I think this will just devolve into a sort of general musical recommendation thread. That's ok.

And then this motherfucker comes in here with the Tibetan throat singing.

SITHRAK!

kiwifarms.net
if I'm just suggesting music based upon the prior person's music, how will they know what I'm into?
Post replies to them, add a heading for your three?
Its not like you’re locked into one or the other.

I think the bands you posted aren’t really groundbreakers but I did like Flaw and hadn‘t heard their stuff before so I am giving you a Winner.

Polock

kiwifarms.net
Cool thread, already found some stuff to throw in my playlist.

I actually prefer the Bruce Springteen cover of this song at the country music awards, but the original song got covered by "The Boss" for a reason.

My family would listen to this song all the time, as a kid I loved the "chomp, chomp chomp" part. Awesome tune, classic R&B.

By far my favorite Guy Clark song.

None of these are indiesnob levels of obscure, sorry.

karz

The cuter the avatar, the uglier the person.
kiwifarms.net
Posting 5 but only because there's a lot of variety here.
From very loud and stupid bass to very nicely mixed tracks, Phonk is definitely a very interesting emerging genre.
Of what I posted, Medlyak is the best, in my opinion.

https://soundcloud.com/user-192199552%2Feyes-on-fire
https://soundcloud.com/kordhell%2Fmemphis-doom
https://soundcloud.com/badsmith%2Fwhat-the-fuck-u-gonna-do
https://soundcloud.com/bersserker%2Fforum-belaya-noch-bererker-flip
https://soundcloud.com/sowyolbeats%2Fmedlyak-phonk

Solid Snek

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I'm confused, OP. I'm not sure how this thread is supposed to work. Do they post three, then I post three links to things like their three, then I post three more...?
*sigh*
(:_(

OP
Ewigkeit- 'It's Not Reality'- a little bit metal, a little bit industrial, a little bit EDM, sadly not as well known as it deserves.

Pitchshifter- 'W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G'- putting the 'punk' back in Cyberpunk.

IC3PEAK- 'Плак-Плак' ('Boo hoo')- lush Russian Gothic. Much like Die Antwoord, but not shit.
IC3PEAK's been a meme on furry/creepypasta edgelord YT for awhile now. There are thousands of fan videos, and they are all horrifyingly Islamic. ENJOY

Throat singing is really badass; I've been a throatsinging nerd for years. This guy (Alexander Glenfield) is a good place to start, I think! He has (had?) a bunch of tutorials on how to do did.

Sadly, there's not a lot of non-folk songs that incorporate throat singing, except for THE HU, but I'm not really a big fan of HU, and you've probably been recommended it already (YT loves to promote HU if you click on throat singing vids).

The Irish bagpipe/EDM band, Sidhe, released a TS song a couple years ago, which you might like if you're also into deadmau5 (?)

the instrumentals in that song are very reminiscent of early In Extremo or Dead Can Dance:

Also Heilung. maybe?:

As for Deadmau5 recommendations, there's too many to list, really. Are you new to techno? I'm assuming you're familiar with dudes like Armin van Buuren and Tiesto...?

bKjn26agAEs
ehVdAqx93F8
mtTHRgFp_qc
The first one is clearly a Beck ripoff.

Cool thread, already found some stuff to throw in my playlist.

I actually prefer the Bruce Springteen cover of this song at the country music awards, but the original song got covered by "The Boss" for a reason.

My family would listen to this song all the time, as a kid I loved the "chomp, chomp chomp" part. Awesome tune, classic R&B.

By far my favorite Guy Clark song.

None of these are indiesnob levels of obscure, sorry.
I have never heard any of these, but the second one sounds like "Get Back" by the Beatles...?

It's not really a thing I know much about, but there's a weird bald folk guitarist guy that I'm into, who might be up your alley if you like James Taylor:
iirc he got internet famous because of some Tumblr-era lists of awful album covers.

As for my three, these are probably the most obscure/low view count ones on my playlist:

Jewthulhu

A rare deepwater Jew
kiwifarms.net
I actually disliked all three of those. Guess I’ll recommend these polar opposite’s for peeps.

1. Damu The Fudgemonk - Grace Values. Lo-fi hop.
Boogie Belgique - Smile. Swing hop.
Sapporo (Claes Rosen Remix). Nu-disco I think?

My three. Going for the more unique stuff I listen to, since I already listen to a lot of progressive house and garage music.
Ivy Lab - Cake. Neurohop I think? I really like the weird sound design of the track.

The Anix - Parasite. Breaks I think? I enjoy the rock influences (though I'm usually not big on rock) and the sound design for the synths.

Puremusic - Beyond. Chillout. Beautiful mix of orchestral strings with ambient/chillout elements

Solid Snek

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ivy Lab - Cake. Neurohop I think? I really like the weird sound design of the track.

The Anix - Parasite. Breaks I think? I enjoy the rock influences (though I'm usually not big on rock) and the sound design for the synths.

Puremusic - Beyond. Chillout. Beautiful mix of orchestral strings with ambient/chillout elements
1. I'm getting oldschool DJ Shadow or Tricky, with a little bit of Venetian Snares or Aphex Twin in the sound design. I'm guessing they're English?

2. Yeah, the drums are breakbeat. It sounds very 90s; the rock bits remind me of Stabbing Westward specifically, but breakbeats were insanely popular back then anyways, so just look up late 90s goth/industrial rock bands and you're sure to find something.

3. Maybe Blackmill?

Or Devin Townsend's new album, Snuggles (doesn't have any techno elements, but it's very chill)

Jewthulhu

A rare deepwater Jew
kiwifarms.net
3. Maybe Blackmill?

Or Devin Townsend's new album, Snuggles (doesn't have any techno elements, but it's very chill)
I've been in love with Blackmill's music since 2011. Miracle and Don't Let Me Down are two of my favorite songs of all time.

Haven't heard of Devin Townsend before, but I love the album you posted. I'll need to check his stuff out.

Solid Snek

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been in love with Blackmill's music since 2011. Miracle and Don't Let Me Down are two of my favorite songs of all time.

Haven't heard of Devin Townsend before, but I love the album you posted. I'll need to check his stuff out.
Devin is a metal dude; he's possibly my personal favorite musician, but disclaimer: Snuggles is NOT representative of his work as a whole!

Devin's a bit of an autistic, musical savant, for better or worse; he has a tendency to fuck around and try new things,and the stuff he comes up with may or may not be the sort of thing you're looking for. Snuggles is the result of his quarantine music sessions. The closest other album of his to Snuggles is either Ghost:

or the companion album to Snuggles, Puzzles:

Classic Devy is this:
this is what he's best known for, and a lot of his music is similar.

But he's also done stuff like this:

and this:

this:

and this:

and this:

And yeah, Blackmill's great! I don't remember when I first heard them, but it was probably almost a decade ago - which is both a scary and encouraging thought.

-edit- this one's got a "dark Blackmill" vibe:

Last edited:

SITHRAK!

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I'm confused, OP. I'm not sure how this thread is supposed to work.
You post three songs you like.
If someone else thinks they know a song that fits thematically that you like, they post it in a reply.
If you've heard it before, but you like it, give them a 'like'.
If it's new to you and you like it, give them a 'winner'.

Hopefully that clears things up?

Jewthulhu

A rare deepwater Jew
kiwifarms.net
#3 For the third this whole album is alright. It lacks the drive you've got going on there, but it's got EDM elements and female vocals, so:

Whole album:
Shit, I don't know why I only just got around to listening to this. It's a beautiful album.
Here's something similar. Phelian - Rebirth. Future garage.
Garage is by far my favorite genre. The somber atmosphere, the percussion, the muted reese bass underneath it all... It's just perfect to me.