• "I thought you would be pleased with this article."

"Post your Art" Thread

Discussion in 'Art & Literature' started by The Hunter, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Now it's like a distant memory!

Trilby

Trilby TRIGGER WARNING!

kiwifarms.net
  2. SFW.png CHUNsummer.png

I was convinced to post here by @NotAKitty, even though this scares the crap out of me.

People close to me always say "you draw better than I can" but that's bullshit garbage and doesn't mean anything, so I'm looking for help. I'm really new at using a digitizer, compratively and looking to start doing anime pin-ups due to :deviant:

My anatomy is weak, and my shading is weaker. Give pointers, please.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. I would say first and foremost, use references. Even if you're doing stylized art like anime, start from a real, achievable pose and then stylize it. You can exaggerate and diminish certain parts after you have a basic skeleton in, but a slightly more realistic sketch under your final piece would help with the placement of features on the face, foreshortening, expressions, etc.

Hands are a bitch, we all know this. Unfortunately, hands are also really useful for holding things, calling attention to certain features, stuff like that. All it is is practice. I have pages of just hand practice in different positions and at different angles.

You're not starting from scratch, which is good! Don't be discouraged. It's all about practice. I don't recognize my own art from a year ago, because some time in between I got serious about drawing every day and improved like crazy. Save these and look at them in six months. You won't believe how far you've come.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Juscum

Juscum Unmistakable Serial Killer Vibe
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I really need critique, I have awful anatomy, no motivation, and it takes me forever to even sketch.
    [​IMG]
    The Korean is one of her voice line; the equivalent being 'piss off'

ISO'os

ISO'os What am I doing?

kiwifarms.net
  5. I actually don't see too many problems with this. The neck stands out to me as too long and thin, there should be more space between the back of the neck and the start of the jaw. Look at eyes from the side; they don't make that half-moon shape, they're more open from the front. I assume she has a monolid since you said she's Korean. Check out some references.

Here's a reference about drawing dynamic profiles.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    Juscum

Juscum Unmistakable Serial Killer Vibe
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. I scribbled this out when I learned what TERFs were:
    twerf.png

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    BadaBadaBoom

BadaBadaBoom Like a rock type

kiwifarms.net
  7. I feel like my lineart is getting weaker

Josie from Tekken 7
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    nyess

nyess Sexy Onion, make me cry, with such delight
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. Literally everytime you post in here you say your art is bad and then post something great wtf
    'Weak lineart' my ass

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 2
    TheFinalBoss

TheFinalBoss As unimpressive as you worried I'd be

kiwifarms.net
  9. Well I dunno, I can be critical of my drawings a lot. I'm not sure what works exactly. Like my colors

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    nyess

nyess Sexy Onion, make me cry, with such delight
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. this is the best i could achieve in blender rn in terms of making humanoid-ish characters i guess
    [​IMG]
    not my best work, and my anatomy could use some work, but this is the best i've done in a while. also pardon the ear. i fucked it up so lets just say the guy has a fucked up ear...so that gives him some backstory i guess...

Deadwaste

Deadwaste grab america by the pussy

kiwifarms.net
  11. SOGGY KNEES.png

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    ZehnBoat

ZehnBoat Skeleton Jazz Wizard

kiwifarms.net
  12. Got bored while waiting for potential people to draw at a flea market so I randomly did a drawing in oil pastels again. This time, it appears to be a glowing light, perhaps from a nuclear blast, as it makes its way towards a ranch house out in a desert. I call it 'Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch".
    IMG_20170716_154645.jpg

Also got someone interested in letting me design a logo for his business based on a business card.
    PSX_20170716_202550.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    Trilby

Trilby TRIGGER WARNING!

kiwifarms.net
  13. May I offer some pointers on the logo?

Maybe instead of horizontally, maybe have it vertically? You'll still have emphasis on the "2," but "humanity" could fill the area where it bends to make a smile? Especially since "humanity" is so squeezed in contrast to "hope," which has ample wiggle room.

kiwifarms.net
  14. OK, I'll see what I can do here. It's really just a rough drawing in my sketchbook for now, I hadn't thought of trying to figure out Illustrator or some other program yet if I had to do it digitally, but I was trying to think of what font could work for this, but didn't center the two just right. The business card I had to work from looks pretty tack the way it was handled. It wasn't supposed to be a smile, as it's simply a oval created by these hands that are doing this pattern.

Trilby

Trilby TRIGGER WARNING!

kiwifarms.net
  15. Welp I continue my Fun with mspaint
    bird.png
    I not too happy with this one. I farted this out in a couple of minutes. It really didn't think this one though while drawing.
    After Hours.png
    Now this one I was more happy with. The only thing I wish I added some shading to it. But choice not since I would have just frustrated myself and not finishing it. But shading is already on my rather large to do list.
    weebo club text.png
    Based on a dumb joke I told my younger brother. The joke cause a image to pop in my head of middle school anime club poster featuring a kawaii OC. beside getting a little chuckle upon finishing it. I am not the happist with the end result. I pretty made it off the top of head without any real reference. I might remake this when my drawing skill are of middle school level.

Also going forward i won't be using paint to draw anymore. I try out a few different software and try to find one i like.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Halberd Sonichu

Halberd Sonichu They are NOT hamsters, they're gods of death

kiwifarms.net
  16. Working on a commission for my sister. It's going to be a watercolor illustration of a mermaid, though I figured I'll need to work out the figure in a sketch first. Not too certain about the torso and waist, though I do like the motion and linework so far.

mermaid draft0000.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Some pages from a comic I am printing soon...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Curt Sibling

Curt Sibling Napoleon Blownapart
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Finger got in the last pic lol.
    My art is okay.

• Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Potatomongrel

Potatomongrel Jacks off to the Teletubbies

kiwifarms.net
  19. Backlog I finally finished.

I used poses from female models for ref because the male ones I found were all boring, but he turned out twice as fruity as a result WHOOPS
    [​IMG]

And a doodle I threw colors on because I kinda liked it.
    The usual OC and his mother, because I really needed to get around to designing her.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Super Princess Peach

Super Princess Peach Ultimate lurker

kiwifarms.net
  20. Gardevoir is not pleased by the "fans" so is prepared for combat
    sirknight.png

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.