"Post your Art" Thread -

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
chibi mime kid

also since its the end of inktober, this will be my last daily draw thing for a while.. i've certainly learned a couple things thanks to drawing digitally that i will hopefully use in drawing with ink and paper
onto nano and nonut
Draw Betty Boop please.
Inktober, day 30: Struggle. Managed to spend several hours desperately trying to find a suitable poem by the Zen monk Ikkyū, who is said to have met and taught Jigoku-dayu ("the Hell courtesan", depicted here and surrounded by dying and undead beings).

View attachment 580527

Trying to finishing it this week, because as we all are aware it's that spooky time of year.
Fantastic! The lines are beautiful dude, keep it up.

Danskjaevel

Salus Sueciae
kiwifarms.net
Jigokudayu.png 20181108_222424.jpg 20181108_222529.jpg

Finished! "Jigoku dayū" - the courtesan of Hell. The mythical courtesan is surrounded here by dead, dying and undead beings. Her kimono depicts scenes of torment from Hell; restless, hungry souls, pretas, clawing at each other in desperation.

The text above this scene reads:

有漏路より無漏路へ帰る 一休み

"From the realm of illusions,
We return to the realm of no illusions,
One rest."

This translation was made by Sonja Arntzen in her thesis (there are a few variations), page 12:

https://terebess.hu/zen/mesterek/MadCloud.pdf

It is a part of a poem written by the eccentric Zen Buddhist monk Ikkyū (1394-1481), who, as I mentioned in my previous post, according to legend met and brought Jigoku dayū to enlightenment. "一休み", or "hitoyasumi", means both "one rest" and the Japanese reading of Ikkyū's own name.

The first picture is the full, unedited scan, whereas the others are pictures of the drawing behind glass. 28 x 19 cm.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino