"Post your Art" Thread -

woowie queen

it's all about ethics and lollipops.
kiwifarms.net
another fighting game idea has bloomed.
with personified tv channels as the characters.
i'll go in my angle of shame.
caitlin.png
(yep, one character for two channels. blame sony and their shenigans.)

Reactions: haudi

Altera the Hun

How's it going
kiwifarms.net
I have a question: is it bad that I need to find reference poses to use for my Art because right now Everytime I try to do one from imagination it always looks off.
Is it normal for a beginner to do this or should it be something I should try to I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME myself off of being dependent on reference poses?

Koresh

Vernon Wayne Howell
kiwifarms.net
I have a question: is it bad that I need to find reference poses to use for my Art because right now Everytime I try to do one from imagination it always looks off.
Is it normal for a beginner to do this or should it be something I should try to I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME myself off of being dependent on reference poses?
It's normal for a beginner and even pros will go to references to get a specific pose or object just right. If it's something you're really worried about, then a good excercise is looking at a ref image, hiding it and drawing it from your head, then looking back at it when you're done and seeing what went wrong, what went right, and what went better than the original image. Watching atheletes or even people on their daily routine move around and observing how they move and the nuances of their poses helps a lot too, and that combined with a basic anatomy knowlege, and lots of practice, will eventually give you a in-depth enough understanding of the body to start drawing most poses with no references at all. In the end, the most important thing is flow and readability. As long as a normie can see a dude riding a bike and it looks loose and natural and they can't point out any overt conplaints, that's what matters more than drawing everything perfectly anatomically correct, but stiff.

I hope that sperg-out helped!

On another note, I was thinking that maybe having a seperate board just for art critiques would be cool, but what do my fellow kiwi artfags think?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino