Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 363171

Today is one of the worst days of my life, if not the worst. We had to put Clancy, my 15-year-old dog, to sleep because her health rapidly declined this weekend. Her prognosis was very poor so we all agreed that euthanasia was the best thing we could do for the dog who had given us so much love and happiness for 15 years.

I don't know what else to say other than I feel like a big part of me died when Clancy did. We were inseparable ever since I was a little girl; I only have a few memories of what life was like before her. It still doesn't feel real. I just can't believe I lost something so precious to me.
I forgot to post about this when it happened, but for my birthday a couple of weeks ago my sister got me this beautiful portrait necklace of Clancy.

The picture used as a reference:

d0c793af-74af-4ceb-9564-a7cb2e28e681.jpg

The necklace:

d0c793af-74af-4ceb-9564-a7cb2e28e682.jpg

I love it so much :heart-full: Now I can have her with me whenever I need her.

U

UW 411

kiwifarms.net
I forgot to post about this when it happened, but for my birthday a couple of weeks ago my sister got me this beautiful portrait necklace of Clancy.

The picture used as a reference:

View attachment 446404

The necklace:

View attachment 446403

I love it so much :heart-full: Now I can have her with me whenever I need her.
That is absolutely beautiful (and priceless!) I'm incredibly sorry for your loss but having lost a 12 year old Bearded Dragon this year and with my pupper getting on in years, ideas like these that are true representations and accurate portraits, etc. give me ideas and make me cherish my animals even more both in retrospect and while they're here with me. Thanks for that!

That's a beautiful embroidery (?) of Clancy, and I'm glad that you always have her close to your heart. :heart-full:

Rest in the knowledge that you gave Clancy a wonderful life - she was a very pretty girl!

Ironically, in the place that I'd buried Spike the Beardie, a spiky plant that my family grow started to grow from the spot. I've re-potted it and it's in the garden to remember him. Still haven't dissembled his viv and it's been over six months. (:_(
(I'm working on it!)

I did save one of Spike's last 'shedding' but have no clue what to do with it.

(Yes, I'm an odd one.)

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That is absolutely beautiful (and priceless!) I'm incredibly sorry for your loss but having lost a 12 year old Bearded Dragon this year and with my pupper getting on in years, ideas like these that are true representations and accurate portraits, etc. give me ideas and make me cherish my animals even more both in retrospect and while they're here with me. Thanks for that!

That's a beautiful embroidery (?) of Clancy, and I'm glad that you always have her close to your heart. :heart-full:

Rest in the knowledge that you gave Clancy a wonderful life - she was a very pretty girl!

Ironically, in the place that I'd buried Spike the Beardie, a spiky plant that my family grow started to grow from the spot. I've re-potted it and it's in the garden to remember him. Still haven't dissembled his viv and it's been over six months. (:_(
(I'm working on it!)

(Yes, I'm an odd one.)
Thank you so much, I really do appreciate it :heart-full: It's been over three months but it still hurts to think about her most days. But this necklace makes me happy and reminds me of all the love and good times we shared. I don't have any regrets; I know I gave her the best life possible and that she loved me up until the moment she died. I'm also really touched that my sister gave me such a thoughtful gift; we all loved Clancy, but she knew that the two of us were especially close.

And yes, the necklace is embroidery! It's unbelievably well-detailed. Here's the Etsy shop my sister got it from, if anyone's interested. Unfortunately, the listing for pet portraits isn't up right now, but I'm assuming the artist is just working through her preexisting orders and will put the listing up again when she has the time to make more.

And I'm sorry to hear about Spike. I'm sure he had a wonderful life with you. If you're wondering about what to do with the shedding, maybe you can buy an urn/cremation necklace (or some other kind of jewelry)? Basically, it's a necklace that contains the ashes/hair/whatever of a deceased loved one. The idea is that you'll have a piece of them close to your heart when you need them. I actually bought one for Clancy last month; it's a very pretty necklace that holds just a pinch of her ashes. I don't wear it all the time, but it's there when I need it. I bought it on Etsy, where there are literally thousands of different listings and different designs to choose from.

IMG_1938.jpg

U

UW 411

kiwifarms.net
:feels:
Thank you so much, I really do appreciate it :heart-full: It's been over three months but it still hurts to think about her most days. But this necklace makes me happy and reminds me of all the love and good times we shared. I don't have any regrets; I know I gave her the best life possible and that she loved me up until the moment she died. I'm also really touched that my sister gave me such a thoughtful gift; we all loved Clancy, but she knew that the two of us were especially close.

And yes, the necklace is embroidery! It's unbelievably well-detailed. Here's the Etsy shop my sister got it from, if anyone's interested. Unfortunately, the listing for pet portraits isn't up right now, but I'm assuming the artist is just working through her preexisting orders and will put the listing up again when she has the time to make more.

And I'm sorry to hear about Spike. I'm sure he had a wonderful life with you. If you're wondering about what to do with the shedding, maybe you can buy an urn/cremation necklace (or some other kind of jewelry)? Basically, it's a necklace that contains the ashes/hair/whatever of a deceased loved one. The idea is that you'll have a piece of them close to your heart when you need them. I actually bought one for Clancy last month; it's a very pretty necklace that holds just a pinch of her ashes. I don't wear it all the time, but it's there when I need it. I bought it on Etsy, where there are literally thousands of different listings and different designs to choose from.

This is a beautiful post, and thanks for the links, I know that they're helpful for me personally; I'm sure they'll help other grieving readers and posters. I really do appreciate the etsy link and the picture of Clancy's necklace. It's gorgeous, I can't imagine how sentimental you are but these are very tastleful and personal reminders of your pet (and family member) and only go to show how much you cherished Clancy - both now and then.

Such a thoughtful sister, too! Happy to hear that you have supportive family around to help with the distress. That's a real loving gift for her to have thought of!

I come from a 'banter' filled family so they cracked lots of 'Spike jokes' without any real upset from me. The real tough part came from a nurse who literally fist-bumped the air upon hearing the news that Spike had died the day before (she hated lizards and snakes but I quite gladly informed this particular cat-lady that should she have even a lowly tapeworm that she was attatched to, I still wouldn't celebrate its passing... sarcastic, but still...she never even saw Spike and I'm understanding of 'phobias' enough not to judge her too harshly.)

Tact is very important. Be it family, friend, random person you know (your sister sounds like a very sweet lady to be so thoughtful? for example.)

I will always cherish my animals, but the ideas and links that you've added really give me more belief and hope that I could keep them near and dear to me long after I'd imagined I could.

Thanks mang. A bit less daunted by a Husky-less future. Am pretty newfag but have lurked the farms for years and have always found you to be a memorable poster.

ETA: thanks @Kurosaki Ichigo, that's a really neat idea, especially since it involves lighting! I'd have never thought of that! I don't want to keep derailing from the cute dawgs. (And other animals!)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Feels
Reactions: Cosmos

Kurosaki Ichigo

Gun
kiwifarms.net

(I'm working on it!)

(Yes, I'm an odd one.)
If it's a solid shed maybe find a way to preserve it to keep it from flaking apart and put it in a shadow box?

uncleShitHeel

Full of sunshine and rancid mayonaise.
kiwifarms.net
IMG_20180319_234531.jpg
These are my cats Loki and Bernard. They're both dicks. Unless you have treats or they want cuddles, which is generally whenever I want to eat or sit down to work.

auntyShitHeel and I adopted them after we visited the SPCA a while back and Bernard decided he wanted to see how quickly he could scale my trouser leg.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Gun
kiwifarms.net
811F33AB-43E8-4BBC-B98D-B39D7E4E2B18.jpeg

Had to put down my big boy Zeke yesterday after finding that he was having complications with a paralyzed larynx. He’d been having trouble breathing in the past month and a half but we’d chalked it up to him being a chunky boy and getting up in years.

Big green eyed pup and quiet when we god him and blossomed into what we loved him most for. He was always a big happy goofball who loved everyone he met. Big cuddly chaos who got into everything he could and was in everyone’s business.

Gonna miss him and his shenanigans. :heart-empty:

uncleShitHeel

Full of sunshine and rancid mayonaise.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 612523
Had to put down my big boy Zeke yesterday after finding that he was having complications with a paralyzed larynx. He’d been having trouble breathing in the past month and a half but we’d chalked it up to him being a chunky boy and getting up in years.

Big green eyed pup and quiet when we god him and blossomed into what we loved him most for. He was always a big happy goofball who loved everyone he met. Big cuddly chaos who got into everything he could and was in everyone’s business.

Gonna miss him and his shenanigans. :heart-empty:
F

ulsterscotsman

᚛ᚂᚐᚋᚆ ᚇᚆᚓᚐᚏᚌ ᚐᚁᚒ᚜
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net