Post your favorite informative technical YouTubers -

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, the YouTubers that don't just review stuff, they actually go into detail about how things work. Post 'em.

Retro Game Mechanics Explained is exactly what it says on the tin:

The 8-bit Guy is the most competent man in the world and his channel's full of videos all about how old tech works:

And then of course, there's Techquickie, of Linus Tech Tips fame, where they give a rundown on various technical questions:

And while this doesn't exactly count for the thread, JerryRigEverything is consistently good and shows exactly what's inside new smartphones:

So, post 'em if you got 'em!

Shaved Kiwis

Memetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net

Big Clive is pretty cool. He is an electrician that likes doing teardowns of cheap Chinese shit and explaining how it can kill you. He also does wacky experiments every now and then. He gets a bit too technical for my taste sometimes, but he's got a really mellow and smooth speaking voice.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
No LTT? You can't forget my man Linus
The shilling is strong in that one.

Gamers Nexus is the boringest shit imaginable but that's what makes it thorough and informative. 'Integrity' is how I would describe them/Burke. Burke is the only person I explicitly trust because if he's wrong there will be a video explaining all the ways they were wrong, how it happened, how they changed their testing, how it affects you the viewer, why it is bad for them etc. Like other videos it will be boring, exhaustive and intensely thorough in examining their mistake or incorrect assumptions.

As a channel they don't know everything but they know the limits of their knowledge and don't stray outside of it in a way that would matter, while at the same time always learning more and refining their methods.

you've probably already seen his half A-press explanation video. if not, he makes very autistic (the good kind) in-depth videos about Super Mario 64. unfortunately he uses text instead of a microphone most of the time to explain things.

Reactions: WeWuzFinns

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Would this be only for electronics or other shit too? Also does it have to be about physical objects only, could it be videos explaining stuff like stories or art?
Yeah, pretty much anything that'll teach you something new counts. I'd be down for videos explaining stories and art to a granular level, and I guess if this thread falls off topic it could always be moved to General Discussion.

No LTT? You can't forget my man Linus
I linked to Techquickie, one of their spinoff channels, so if that does it for you, you're bound to discover LTT. I like Linus but man I got sick of seeing his daily thumbnails that practically scream at you.

Pop-Tart

The final solution to the weeb question.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some engineer from Canada who goes into technical engineering detail about all kinds of random shit.

Guy is a former Colt employee who worked their for 10 years during their decline. He has plenty of experience.

Ye Olde Cooking. With a focus on colonial America and life there overall.

Good weapon/gun channels

Last edited:

Robert Sanvagene

Pretend spergs are bullshit autists
kiwifarms.net
VWestlife creates comfy tech videos mainly focusing on the old computers and other boomer devices.
I'm a huge fan of VWestlife, despite (or maybe because of?) his shamelessness in his sperging.

EEVBlog (a.k.a. Dave Jones) is an Aussie electronic engineer who is to electronics what Steve Irwin was to wildlife. Most of Dave's videos involve going balls deep into some cool device he's found in a dumpster or received from a viewer. Again, a bit a sperg at times ... but his sperging is mainly aimed at YT's jihad on free speech and independent creators (Dave is one of the few mainstream YTers that mirrors his content on Bitchute).

Techmoan (of course!)

Louis Rossmann ... MacBook ninja and right-to-repair activist.

Jan Beta, especially if you want to know how to bring a dead Commodore 64 or Amiga back to life.

Adrian's Digital Basement a.k.a. Adrian Black. Similar to Jan Beta, only with far greater detail as to how individual chips work. He also designs new add-ons for old computers. Louis Rossmann is a fan.

Last edited:
Tags
None