Feedback Posts by cows who post in their own thread/sub-forum should be automatically highlighted -

MediocreMilt

I could be something that is carrying a disease
kiwifarms.net
Here's an example of what I mean:
cow_example.png
As you can see, this post by Ethan Ralph's verified account in the Ethan Ralph thread is not highlighted, even weeks later.

It's great when relevant info is highlighted (and even the occasional well-received shitpost), but I just feel like we should have a detailed, accessible record of cows ill-advisedly posting here under their own verified accounts (without having to troll through their member profile).

While often when a cow does post in their own thread they are bombarded with negative ratings (thus likely highlighting them anyway), as seen above, there is no guarantee that a cow's self-thread post will be highlighted even weeks later, and even if there were, it'd still be better if the post were highlighted even before any ratings hit it, rather than having to wait for the algorithm to catch up.

Sorry if this belongs in the thread where the highlight feature was proposed. I couldn't remember exactly which thread that was, like a dumb dumb.

Coffee Shits

Good morning!
kiwifarms.net
Isnt the verified badge used for other things too like verifying people like @WGkitty? Didnt Lord kat have one too? They arent cows and dont have threads.
Yes, you're right - it's not really to show who's a cow and who's not. But when you've clicked into a cow's thread nine times out of ten that's what you can look for. Worked for me in the Melinda Leigh Scott thread (which includes her husband as well).

MediocreMilt

I could be something that is carrying a disease
kiwifarms.net
Yes, you're right - it's not really to show who's a cow and who's not. But when you've clicked into a cow's thread nine times out of ten that's what you can look for. Worked for me in the Melinda Leigh Scott thread (which includes her husband as well).
The real problem with your idea is that while "Verified" posts stand out on the page, you still have to scroll through the whole thread to see them.

I want it to be like the way the highlight system lets you skip directly to each highlight, but for when the cow posts in their own thread.

Reactions: an kamel

Angry Shoes

Red Wire: Right Temple, Black Wire: Left Temple
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would make it a different type of highlight, because typically posts by cows aren't that high quality
True, but the point of the highlight feature is to have bulletpoints for really long threads. And I would definitely consider a cow posting in their own thread to be an important bulletpoint.

Also I think highlights are based on overall rating, not negative vs positive. I've seen posts with nothing but negative ratings be considered highlights.

Tags
None