‘Powerpuff Girls’ Live-Action Series in Development at CW

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net

The official reason is "schedule differences" but obviously given the utter catastrophe this shitshow is behind the scenes I would not be surprised if that was just the 'cover' excuse or one of numerous reasons.
Not going to lie, saw an update in here and hoped an episode had been released to be watched and laughed at. The news that before it airs one of the cast has cut and run is funnier though.

A glance at the Twitter seems to suggest a bunch of people think she's just too good for it and is heading back to Marvel who are desperate to have her (did Agents of Shield improve? I honestly only enjoyed Coulson and May) but given the leaked script that she said yes to for PPG that seems like a lot of cope.
I mean, if I had to choose between a shitty Powerpuff Girls reboot or an already established role in a Marvel show (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) that pays a shitload of money, I'd take the check and run too.

AnOminous

See you in the funny papers.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hollywood getting set on fire is one of the few positive aspects of covid.
The painfully piquant irony of California wildfires is that it's self-described "environmentalists" who mindlessly oppose controlled burns, even though the Native Americans they worship did those for literally thousands of years before "civilization" came to California.

Oats12345

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The official reason is "schedule differences" but obviously given the utter catastrophe this shitshow is behind the scenes I would not be surprised if that was just the 'cover' excuse or one of numerous reasons.
I have no doubt she's really leaving because this is legit a shit show. Hope her career the best

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
I'm starting to think they're going to cancel this before the first episode even comes out. First they had to rewrite the pilot and now this. No one wants to do it and no one wants it. What's the point?

That's the million dollar question, but it's the CW and bad ideas seem to somehow be financially viable since nobody likes the Batwoman show and yet that has what, three seasons so far?

Pinochet Was Right

And he did nothing wrong
kiwifarms.net
2265698-807593ec23d472498998d84797a1b90d.png
Cockmongler lives.

CAPTAIN MATI

kiwifarms.net
The painfully piquant irony of California wildfires is that it's self-described "environmentalists" who mindlessly oppose controlled burns, even though the Native Americans they worship did those for literally thousands of years before "civilization" came to California.
Maybe Caliberals just have an innate fire worship complex. Being part demons and shit.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Maybe by chance they’ll rewrite it into a completely new and detached story and remove all references to PPG and they will deny it’s the same script

Morethanabitfoolish

kiwifarms.net
How has this not been cancelled yet, just wasting time and money trying to get this made. Move onto a new project that isn't on the basic level an awful idea and will flop if it ever does come out.
Presumably parts of it have already been shot. At which point the reluctance to get rid of that work increases because a lot of the money has already been flushed down the toilet and many of the people involved already have contracts.

Product Placement

kiwifarms.net
Presumably parts of it have already been shot. At which point the reluctance to get rid of that work increases because a lot of the money has already been flushed down the toilet and many of the people involved already have contracts.
They shot a pilot, and now they are reworking it, so as of now nothing else has been shoot, still in the reworking phase.

Jaimas

HELLO, MON'KEIGH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's the million dollar question, but it's the CW and bad ideas seem to somehow be financially viable since nobody likes the Batwoman show and yet that has what, three seasons so far?

A friend of mine I generally take the word of on things from has told me this about the issue:

The CW is essentially financed by outside investment, and are given more money specifically because their shows are preachy, agenda-driven trash. This doesn't make much sense until you realize that the companies financing this - primarily hedge funds - are attempting to push the same agenda the CW is, and do so by using shit like ESG ratings to ensure that money goes to the wokest companies, no matter how badly they do, because they have the most good boy points.