‘Powerpuff Girls’ Live-Action Series in Development at CW

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Morethanabitfoolish

kiwifarms.net
Because freedom to make terrible decisions is the right of all sentient beings?

At this point it's because they've already sunk money into it. They want to make something back rather than lose it all. it may still die but as of yet there's still someone going "look, Batwoman got 3 seasons. Are you really telling us this is worse?"

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because freedom to make terrible decisions is the right of all sentient beings?

At this point it's because they've already sunk money into it. They want to make something back rather than lose it all. it may still die but as of yet there's still someone going "look, Batwoman got 3 seasons. Are you really telling us this is worse?"
That's Hollywood for you.

Morethanabitfoolish

kiwifarms.net
That's Hollywood for you.
In a defence it does not deserve the sunk cost fallacy is not unique to them.

The majority of sane people have read that pilot script and realised they have a turd. But Riverdale was also a turd and it kept going. Money has already been spent, even if it only makes a tenth of that back that is still potentially better than nothing.

I also think the licensing makes things complicated, with existing properties most of the time rights to those franchises have been bought for a period of time and doing nothing with the rights means the initial purchase was a bad idea. Given that the purchaser tends to be quite high up the chain of command accepting it as a failure means they fucked up. And people at that level will happily sink as much as they can get away with into covering up their fuck ups.

But I understand minimal amounts about such things.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looks like a new animated show is in the works and this time Craig is coming back.

This is all but dead, but in the "I swear it will get made, like Rian's trollogy" sense, I guess.
F0F1F0A6-BEA8-4515-BB8E-8335572F20A1.jpeg

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If they're supposed to be eugenics made to order sisters, why is one of them a nigger? Appropriately it's also the most violent one.
I can tell you, but it’s going to really piss you off.

I’m 100% serious, btw. There is actually an explanation and it’s the absolute worst thing the show could have done.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net

Cactuar King

kiwifarms.net
You see, the live action series is actually the real and true story of the Powerpuff Girls, and the cartoon was a whitewashed sanitized version of events that the Professor created to sell and make money.

Yes, really.
View attachment 3505875
God, if that's not the biggest spit in the face to Craig McCracken. What a pointlessly shitty thing to put in your script.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
God, if that's not the biggest spit in the face to Craig McCracken. What a pointlessly shitty thing to put in your script.

And worse the professor is an uncaring black dead beat dad
The whole thing was just a massive middle finger to the original cartoon. Like yeah, people like to make jokes about the terrible dialogue, but the main reason there was so much backlash from the show’s concept and script leak is that it took a massive shit on the very core concept of the show and character and just generally pissed even casual fans off.