Predator 5 announced - Why can't they leave this fucking franchise just rest in peace?

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So yeah, after the bombastic success of the last installment by that unfunny hack, they decided to hand this over to the guy who made 10 Cloverfield Lane.
Never saw that movie, don't know if the guy is good or not, but I will expect nothing and it will still be a letdown.

article:
20th Century Studios has reportedly tapped 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg to helm the fifth installment in the Predator franchise.

According to Deadline, Predator 5 isn't a direct sequel to 2018's The Predator, directed by Shane Black. Other than that one detail, though, it seems 20th Century is staying pretty tight-lipped about the plot of the upcoming Predator flick.

Trachtenberg is best known for 10 Cloverfield Lane, the 2016 spiritual successor to 2008's Cloverfield, but he's also directed the 'Playtest' episode of Black Mirror and The Boys episode 'The Name of the Game'. The script for Predator 5 is being written by Patrick Aison, whose producer-writer credits include Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Kingdom, and Wayward Pines.
The sci-fi horror series Predator kicked off with the first movie in 1987, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, whose character leads a rescue team into Central America to save hostages and is confronted by a highly-advanced alien. A direct sequel was released in 1990 that took place 10 years after the events of the first movie, and then 20 years later we got Predators, a standalone movie based in the unspecified future of the same universe.

The Predator, directed by Shane Black, is a reimagining of the original Predator that still acknowledges the events of the series. It isn't clear where the fifth installment in the series fits into the timeline, but it could be a sequel to an earlier movie or its own original story.
Though I am willing to bet:
"The Predator wasn't inclusive enough" with the usual fallout... or they will actually go along and go for "Dude in an Ironman-like Predator suit" sequel to the abomination they shat out last.

Here's a crazy idea, make something new, you fucking imbeciles.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's too bad Predators had to be sold with the Predator name. It seems like it was made so you went in thinking it was like that Battle Royale With Criminals movie Stone Cold Steve Austin was in and then SWERVE they're on another planet and Predators

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I didn't even know there was another Predator movie after Predators.

I need to watch it now.
I suggest a light snack and a pint of the cheapest Korn-liquor your local shop has to offer. It's bad.
Spoilers:
The badguy accidentally kills himself in the end by shooting his own head off with a Predator shoulder canon and it happens so quickly, you barely even realize it happened.

Tor Lugosi

The Holy One of Israel
kiwifarms.net
I liked 10 Cloverfield Lane but nothing about it makes me think the director would make a good Predator film.

I don't understand why they have such a hard time making a decent entry into this series. Just follow the formula from the first two: a guy trying to survive against a Predator. No need to over complicate it with literal autism.

DamageJoy

nu-poster
kiwifarms.net
Predator shouldn't have been a franchise in the first place. It was a cool idea for a movie, that's all. Same goes to Terminator and Alien/s.
Basically leave the fuck alone the 80s VHS fun Sci Fi movies.

At least it will provide some content to e-celebs to talk about how bad the movie is.

I liked 10 Cloverfield Lane but nothing about it makes me think the director would make a good Predator film.

I don't understand why they have such a hard time making a decent entry into this series. Just follow the formula from the first two: a guy trying to survive against a Predator. No need to over complicate it with literal autism.
They un-ironically want to appeal to the "general" audience, thus adding useless bloat to the movie and universe.

Miller

kikongo fucking shits
kiwifarms.net
So Bad Robot got its hands on the Predator franchise?
The only good thing that might come out of this is the score if Trachtenberg hires McCreary again.

Rupert Bear

100 year old bear shota
kiwifarms.net
Can't wait to see more borderline-supremacist pandering to literal autists. Didn't the 2018 movie have an autistic kid saving the day because the predators considered him a genius?

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
So Bad Robot got its hands on the Predator franchise?
The only good thing that might come out of this is the score if Trachtenberg hires McCreary again.

Can we all just agree that Bear McCreary is like THE music man for films these days? Zimmer, Elfman, and Williams have gotten old, and almost everyone else to come up in the last two decades have kind of been hidden in their shadows.

Then along comes Bear McCreary who seems to be responsible for some of my favorite scores in the last 5 years. Regardless of what you thought about the last Godzilla movie, the dude hit a grand fucking slam with the music, and the Child's Play reboot that nobody asked for was largely worth it because of A) Mark Hamill, B) A surprisingly decent cast and C) Bear's great score and that Buddy Song he put together.

frozenrunner

Salt production has resumed at normal levels.
kiwifarms.net
I'll say one thing for 10 Cloverfield Lane. It handled the tension-building of a thriller/horror really well. If that's the direction they'll will try to take a Predator film in, it could be a good sign. For people who still give a shit about this franchise.

kadoink

kiwifarms.net
Oh it gets worse, this is gonna be the woke version of Predator.

"We have learned that Dan Trachtenberg is set to direct ‘Skulls’ for Fox/Disney.

The filmmaker is previously known for directing ‘Black Mirror’ Season 3 Episode 2, ‘The Boys’ Season 1 Episode 1 and ‘10 Cloverfield Lane’. He also was set to direct ‘Uncharted’ for Sony Pictures until he left due to creative differences with the studio, now Travis Knight, previously known for directing ‘Bumblebee’ and ‘Kubo & The Two Strings’, is now set to direct the film.

Following his departure from ‘Uncharted’, Trachtenberg will now develop ‘Skulls’ for 20th Century Fox, which was newly acquired by Disney. ‘Skulls’ will follow a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior. Patrick Aison will write the screenplay for the film, he has previously been a co-executive producer for ‘Treadstone’, supervising producer/writer for ‘Jack Ryan’ Season 1 and a consultant for ‘Legion’.

John Davis will produce the film under the Davis Entertainment production banner. He has previously produced ‘Chronicle’, ‘The Man From UNCLE’, ‘Victor Frankenstein’, ‘Joy, ‘Ferdinand’, ‘The Predator’, ‘Shaft’ and ‘‘Dolemite Is My Name’. He has also recently been producing Dwayne Johnson’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ for Disney."

Set your spectrum settings to "fuck tard" folks, this is gonna be a rough one.

Tags
None