Predator 5 announced - Why can't they leave this fucking franchise just rest in peace?

doof

Consequences will never be the same.
kiwifarms.net
Predator 2 was great. I think there's ideas left untapped here.
Honestly my favorite moments from the first 2 movies are when you see small glimpse of the predators culture, with 1 we learn they highly respect prey that fights back and 2 they never kill someone carrying life and are not sore losers when a prey manages to take out one of their own.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly my favorite moments from the first 2 movies are when you see small glimpse of the predators culture, with 1 we learn they highly respect prey that fights back and 2 they never kill someone carrying life and are not sore losers when a prey manages to take out one of their own.

There's so many things left unexplored in this franchise that it should be a crime:

Explore the Predator culture for one. I love the fan theory that the Predator's are a slaver race and have enslaved other aliens to create their technology.

Set an a-typical Predator story in a different environment or place in history: the samurai era, the old west, World War 1 and 2, Predator VS ISIS, etc.

Introduce other aliens into this world. The trophy case in Predator 2 shows other kinds of aliens out there and it would be awesome to see them fight alien T-Rex mutant bastards.

Warring Predator clans which we got in Predators and The Predator (parts 3 and 4 to use a far less autistic naming scheme) but it wasn't the focus. In the case of part 4 it was botched by stupid fucking assholes.

Then there's the whole mythology with Alien. Tie all the shit together with Alien, Predator and Prometheus. Do it nigga.

doof

Consequences will never be the same.
kiwifarms.net
Then there's the whole mythology with Alien. Tie all the shit together with Alien, Predator and Prometheus. Do it nigga.
The worst thing avp ever did was not just have the movie take place later or around the time frame of aliens. Could you imagined a Predator being shocked at how underpowered it is when it confronts a colonial marine for the first time!
Predalien was neat concept though but should've been used for a better movie

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Set an a-typical Predator story in a different environment or place in history: the samurai era, the old west, World War 1 and 2, Predator VS ISIS, etc.
I guess you, and most people in this thread, are already familiar with the Fan Movie "Predator Dark Ages", but sort of as an incentive to re-watch it, I'll post it and maybe someone has indeed not seen it:

As a short movie, it shows that this idea of setting up a Predator movie in different eras works out pretty nicely.

Munchingonfish

kiwifarms.net
Oh it gets worse, this is gonna be the woke version of Predator.

"We have learned that Dan Trachtenberg is set to direct ‘Skulls’ for Fox/Disney.

The filmmaker is previously known for directing ‘Black Mirror’ Season 3 Episode 2, ‘The Boys’ Season 1 Episode 1 and ‘10 Cloverfield Lane’. He also was set to direct ‘Uncharted’ for Sony Pictures until he left due to creative differences with the studio, now Travis Knight, previously known for directing ‘Bumblebee’ and ‘Kubo & The Two Strings’, is now set to direct the film.

Following his departure from ‘Uncharted’, Trachtenberg will now develop ‘Skulls’ for 20th Century Fox, which was newly acquired by Disney. ‘Skulls’ will follow a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior. Patrick Aison will write the screenplay for the film, he has previously been a co-executive producer for ‘Treadstone’, supervising producer/writer for ‘Jack Ryan’ Season 1 and a consultant for ‘Legion’.

John Davis will produce the film under the Davis Entertainment production banner. He has previously produced ‘Chronicle’, ‘The Man From UNCLE’, ‘Victor Frankenstein’, ‘Joy, ‘Ferdinand’, ‘The Predator’, ‘Shaft’ and ‘‘Dolemite Is My Name’. He has also recently been producing Dwayne Johnson’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ for Disney."

Set your spectrum settings to "fuck tard" folks, this is gonna be a rough one.

Can't wait to find out what the Predator's preferred pronouns are.

northstar747

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the movie THE PREDATOR was really a cluster fuck. I remember watching it in theaters and there was a scene where a black dude was looking at a door in the space ship and was all "what ever is in there is ours now" and the way it was shot edited and lines delievered was rather dark and ominus.

Nothing fucking happened with that. Then I read somewhere that in the original script that door had like some kinda spider monsters or something. But it was changed in reshoots.

personally they could just do a predator movie set on some alien earth colony (Aka shot in a BC forest) and have humans fight a predator.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the movie THE PREDATOR was really a cluster fuck. I remember watching it in theaters and there was a scene where a black dude was looking at a door in the space ship and was all "what ever is in there is ours now" and the way it was shot edited and lines delievered was rather dark and ominus.

Nothing fucking happened with that. Then I read somewhere that in the original script that door had like some kinda spider monsters or something. But it was changed in reshoots.

personally they could just do a predator movie set on some alien earth colony (Aka shot in a BC forest) and have humans fight a predator.
The original ending was even worse and had "good guy" Predators teaming with the government to fight the "bad predators" and use a tank.

16052017_02.jpg

The entire 3rd act, roughly 30-40 minutes of footage, was scrapped and re-shot.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
The worst thing avp ever did was not just have the movie take place later or around the time frame of aliens. Could you imagined a Predator being shocked at how underpowered it is when it confronts a colonial marine for the first time!

dunno, I liked avp for what it was (like showing predators are not just pure murderhobos) and could've served as an inoffensive origin movie. also did the whole STRONK WOMYN stuff better than current year ever could.

• Lunacy
Reactions: BrunoMattei

DamageJoy

Master video game dev
kiwifarms.net
To make a semi-off topic remark that is somehow fitting to the topic:
What's up with many movies acting like SFX demo reels? They show space ships just flying around etc and it doesn't make sense in anyway. Ideally you would have the scenes building up a mood, story or motive, but nah all you get is Star Wars special edition style eye candy that a lot of time is just tired cliche.

Like, do you really need a space battle in The Predator? Couldn't they just show that something is falling down from space and later a crew is sent to investigate?
An other force was implied early on, thus ruining their surprise which was bad as hell. But still, it would have made the movie a little bit more focused.

>inb4 this thread turns into the Terminator, Aliens and Predator grievances thread
:story:

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine being a kid in the 90s and seeing that on the shelves.
Your pocket money would vanish at inhuman speeds.
It was actually dog shit. It had Alien/Terminator hybrids fighting Predators and the Ripley clone from Alien Resurrection. There's also a scene where the Predator's abduct the Ripley clone and "probe" her like in alien abduction fetishes.

JongleJingle

kiwifarms.net
Imagine being a kid in the 90s and seeing that on the shelves.
Your pocket money would vanish at inhuman speeds.
Meh, the games were better.

No actually, the games were WAY better. AVP for the arcade, AVP 2000 and AVP 2 by Rebellion and Monolith respectively, AVP 2010...

Those four are what come to mind when I think AVP. Shit, AVP Arcade was what got me into both franchises. Thank you VERY much MAME for making my childhood fuckin' awesome.

DamageJoy

Master video game dev
kiwifarms.net
It was actually dog shit. It had Alien/Terminator hybrids fighting Predators and the Ripley clone from Alien Resurrection. There's also a scene where the Predator's abduct the Ripley clone and "probe" her like in alien abduction fetishes.
Oh, I forgot that Alien 3-4 are canon. These brands are cursed. Simple concepts yet people can't pull it off for some reason...

Meh, the games were better.

No actually, the games were WAY better. AVP for the arcade, AVP 2000 and AVP 2 by Rebellion and Monolith respectively, AVP 2010...

Those four are what come to mind when I think AVP. Shit, AVP Arcade was what got me into both franchises. Thank you VERY much MAME for making my childhood fuckin' awesome.
I remember the AVP fps games on PC. Those were nice.

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
What a weird feeling it is that just like with Terminator, the last great Predator movie came out when the Soviet Union still existed, the NES was still a thing and Eddie Murphy still had a career...

I still liked the 2010 movie though.
Set an a-typical Predator story in a different environment or place in history: the samurai era (...)

Predator vs ISIS would be dope as fuck.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What a weird feeling it is that just like with Terminator, the last great Predator movie came out when the Soviet Union still existed, the NES was still a thing and Eddie Murphy still had a career...

I still liked the 2010 movie though.

That was great all the way up until the shit Predator mask was revealed.

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To make a semi-off topic remark that is somehow fitting to the topic:
What's up with many movies acting like SFX demo reels? They show space ships just flying around etc and it doesn't make sense in anyway. Ideally you would have the scenes building up a mood, story or motive, but nah all you get is Star Wars special edition style eye candy that a lot of time is just tired cliche.

Like, do you really need a space battle in The Predator? Couldn't they just show that something is falling down from space and later a crew is sent to investigate?
An other force was implied early on, thus ruining their surprise which was bad as hell. But still, it would have made the movie a little bit more focused.

>inb4 this thread turns into the Terminator, Aliens and Predator grievances thread
:story:
It's eyecandy for the trailer and to please the easily pleased seal-clapping crowd of braindead capeshit fans.
You can practically hear "This movie was AWSUM! It had a a fookin SPACE BADDLE n shit!".

DamageJoy

Master video game dev
kiwifarms.net
It's eyecandy for the trailer and to please the easily pleased seal-clapping crowd of braindead capeshit fans.
You can practically hear "This movie was AWSUM! It had a a fookin SPACE BADDLE n shit!".
Maybe playing too many PS2 games made my eyes too sharp, but I have yet to see some movie that was really improved by the cgi creature standingin the light and doing that roaring thing.
It always looks both fake and lame. Even the predator dogs did it in The predator movie.

General F-Mantoid

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Predators would be advanced enough or more advanced by then, assuming of course their species isn't in some sort of dark age or have reached a technological "peak". Still would be interesting to see how a futuristic marine would fare against a futuristic yautja.

Regardless, I still don't have any faith in the future in regards to movie making for the Predator franchise. Predator might actually fare better in video games if put in the right hands that prioritize gameplay and action over cinematics, politics and expensive over realistic graphics that take 5 or more years to finish.
The original ending was even worse and had "good guy" Predators teaming with the government to fight the "bad predators" and use a tank.

View attachment 1744594

The entire 3rd act, roughly 30-40 minutes of footage, was scrapped and re-shot.
Were those assholes on crack when they made that movie?
yautja pepe.png

Now this is kino.

Last edited:
Reactions: RomanesEuntDomus

Inventor of the Telephone

Associate Librarian for Polyracism
kiwifarms.net
I'm sad about this. The first one was so damn good.
I rewatched that recently and was surprised at how awful it was. It was like a corny made-for-TV movie crossed with a low budget cartoon. I remember it being great! It wasn't, it was quite bad.

Great cast though! Some fun lines and iconic visuals, though the writing was silly overall.

• Disagree
Reactions: BScCollateral
Tags
None