• ”Oh my god, what is this horrible website? ... It's like a nightmare.”
  1. New Rule: If you declare your post is against the rules, it will be deleted.
  2. Our official MOVIE NIGHT is running. Join us on DISCORD for voice chat!

Disaster President of Grindr says marriage is between a man and a womanYou read that title correctly

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by Diabeetus, Dec 7, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/nov/29/grindr-apps-president-says-fuck-these-faggots-tho-lmao-fuck-these-rainbow-flags-nigga-hahahahahaha

1BC6B28F-80DC-450E-B91C-5A8FEF779686.jpeg

A man who believes in Christianity's definition of marriage (a 'holy matrimony' between a man and a woman) runs an app that encourages the exact opposite sentiments to what he believes is the true definition of marriage, and the more popular it gets, the more irrelevant that original definition becomes in the larger part of society.

In a hundred years, English textbooks will cite this as a real life example of irony. Absolutely wonderful.

• Winner  x 27
    • Like  x 4
    • Semper Fidelis  x 3
    • Agree  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    #1 Diabeetus, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Diabeetus

Diabeetus Ice cream and apple pie

kiwifarms.net
  2. He didn't make grindr, he was put in charge of it.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 3
    Vrakks

Vrakks If you do not give into my demans.... TOO LATE!!!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. the guy didnt make grindr lol
    he's just a business executive brought in after the company was bought out by a chinese megacorp

• Feels Feels x 3
    BigRuler

BigRuler lmao bottom text

kiwifarms.net
  4. Irony or hipocracy, but definitely one of the two.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Whoops! Just fixed it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Diabeetus

Diabeetus Ice cream and apple pie

kiwifarms.net
  6. >Mfw Grindr begins secret conversion therapy on users.
    :thinking:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. He said it was his personal belief that was his own business and still supports lgbt rights. I can already tell this will get spun out of control In the media because people are retarded.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Testaclese Maximus

Testaclese Maximus has a full line of candy canes
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. tbf no one is getting on grindr to find a future husband so if you think about it there's no real conflict.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    Doc Cassidy

Doc Cassidy Notorious Bum Driller
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. :story:

I can't wait for the inevitable reeeeeeeeeing and calls to boycott Grindr.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    HiddenFist

HiddenFist The Best Fist

kiwifarms.net
  10. No offense to the OP but this story is a tad old. That being said, I haven’t heard a lot of backlash on this. You’d think after almost a week, but no.

I think people are just tired of the culture wars....me included.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Hortator

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. I’m gonna be impressed if there’s no backlash to this since nothing actually happened.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Testaclese Maximus

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. He went up and shot a sacred cow between the eyes at point blank, man.

Not a big deal to normal people like us, of course, but think about who we are speculating.

• DRINK DRINK x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Hortator

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. It sounds like this guy is just truly, honestly terrible at articulating his thoughts and regulating his own speech because I have no goddamn idea what he's trying to say.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Bravokin

kiwifarms.net
  14. Honestly a guy making money off twerps who think online dating will fill the void in their awful lives while casually condemning their hopes and dreams deserves a brofist from any Kiwi.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Forever Sunrise

Forever Sunrise Avatar? I don't need no stinkin' avatar.

kiwifarms.net
  15. Yeah, this seems to be the main response to it I've seen, in what little response there's been. Hell, the article about Ariana Grande's music video being homophobic, racist and transphobic got more of a pushback than this did.

I also think that of the LGBT, The G are in general - not always, but in general - both the least REEEE-y and the ones already being thrown under the Social Justice bus, so some exec's personal beliefs about a matter already decided by law in most of the western world doesn't really matter. That he's talking marriage and runs a hookup app only makes for a headline, not a real story.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. "bought by a Chinese gaming corporation" is the most interesting part of this story. Is TenCent at it again?

EDIT: Looks like it's the Kunlun Group, and the only thing westerners would recognize from them are all the ads for "League of Angels" on facebook and gaming sites.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    #16 Haramburger, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  17. He personally views marriage as a sacred bond between a man and a woman but thinks it would be wrong to impose his will on other people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Testaclese Maximus

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. FAKE NEWS!!!

• Like Like x 1
    Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. Plenty of voids are filled on grindr, repeatedly

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  20. President appointed by Chinese gaming corporation sees their gay dating app as nothing more than a means to make money, actually thinks the users are degenerates. colour me shocked.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.