Privacy Checkup 2021

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Your Username
Never use the same username twice.

If you are wanting to remain anonymous, your username should be unique to this community. If you've ever used your username on other communities, you should immediately request a username change.
https://kiwifarms.net/account/username

This includes if your username is generic or generic sounding. I once doxed someone who used a username similar to "A Username You Cant Google". He had used that username everywhere and it's actually quite unique.
Prostrat. Find a username that somebody else uses everywhere and use that.

vern

kiwifarms.net
Might seem like a stupid question but if there was another hack and emails get leaked, is it possible for someone to track said emails to see if they been used on other sites? The one I used for the farms is (thankfully) one I set up a few years ago that has no connection to my real ID, but I have used it for a few other websites I don't want connected to me IRL as well.
Again might seem stupid but I figure if that was possible, at best that might mean a few users on different websites get tied to me and get grilled for it, at worst someone tries to put bits and pieces from the farms and said other websites for a doxx.

I'm changing my email to one listed in the link provided (as well as a few other things recommended) just to be safe and I've been looking for a good excuse to do so for awhile.

Aidan

kiwifarms.net
Might seem like a stupid question but if there was another hack and emails get leaked, is it possible for someone to track said emails to see if they been used on other sites? The one I used for the farms is (thankfully) one I set up a few years ago that has no connection to my real ID, but I have used it for a few other websites I don't want connected to me IRL as well.
Again might seem stupid but I figure if that was possible, at best that might mean a few users on different websites get tied to me and get grilled for it, at worst someone tries to put bits and pieces from the farms and said other websites for a doxx.

I'm changing my email to one listed in the link provided (as well as a few other things recommended) just to be safe and I've been looking for a good excuse to do so for awhile.
Emails and passwords involved in leaks get collated by who knows how many entities and people do try to use whatever info they can to crack more passwords and find more accounts.
Realistically, unless you're special, no one will probably find out that matters and even then it would have been found automatically. https://haveibeenpwned.com/ Is a good resource to begin understanding how big of an issue this can be.

If there was a leak of kiwifarms emails and you had some enemies then they might just run your email through there to see if it's been involved in any other leaks and then if they know what they're doing they can go from there.
If they can get a password tied to your email then they can check previous leaks for that password and possibly identify other accounts and passwords as well.
Very unlikely anyone you have to deal with would ever do this but once the info is out there, it's out there.

Chris Mclean

kiwifarms.net
Hey fellow boomers i wonder what the diffrence is between using a browser addon vpn vs a full blown.exe.
I currently use nordvpn and mostly stick to the webbrowser addon as its the more convient option as you can shitpost while gaming.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
It's always possible those websites could also get hacked and have emails leaked. Some websites also leak information about whether an email is associated with a registered account or not (usually as part of the login or "forgot password").

Catastrophe-TM

The Bed Sheet Deity
kiwifarms.net
ProtonVPN has a free tier, does it have the same problems as "free" VPNs?
If it did, I doubt it'd be in the OP's links. I've used both ProtonMail and ProtonVPN before and haven't had any issues.

EDIT: To clarify, I used ProtonVPN's trial and once that was used up, I used the 3 connections they had for free for a time. Unless anyone else wants to chime in on this, I doubt using those connections is the same as a "free" VPN since if that were the case, then it wouldn't be on the list and there'd be warnings about it.

Last edited:

Letora

Monoamine Oxidase A
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Listen here buddy, I use Cricket and their service is...(1/700)
I actually find Cricket mobile service just fine. They are the cheaper second-class hanger-on to AT&T which doesn't have bad coverage in the USA compared to something like Sprint (and Ting).

I did just find out that the game company Blizzard refuses to authorize Cricket numbers for use on player accounts because according to them they're "unsafe and registered in foreign countries for cheapness" or something like that. We are the impoverished, shitty masses apparently. Here's a fun thread of people raging about it.

Awilix

kiwifarms.net
Brave is for troons and shills, first off it has in the past hijacked certain websites when you're signing up to crypto related services or buying from said service, they insert their own affiliate links/codes so they can get a cut of whatever it is that you're signing up to/buying into. [1][1.Archive] [2][2.Archive] [3][3.Archive]

Spyware.neocities also has a great lengthy web page as to why brave is bad, some of the highlights are as following, allowing Twitter & Facebook trackers, automatically updating itself without any option to turn it off, built in telemetry(hello Microsoft), making use of googles alleged "safe browsing" feature which really just phones home to google what you visit, it will without fail contact static1.brave.com which will redirect to a google error message weird how a privacy browser uses googles infrastructure? [4][4.Archive]

I personally suggest creating a build of your own Chromium, [Link to Github] failing that because you have a life, don't have the skills, or just not having enough time to do it. The 2nd best Chromium based browser would be Iridiumbrowser.de as it is actually focused on privacy, not for profit meaning its not trying to sell you le shill lion tokens. Source code for the browser if you want to have a browse of it, [5]

Lonestar

Possibly Autistic Wannabe Japanese
kiwifarms.net
So it's okay to use a VPN and TOR? I remember researching into it years ago and all I found were people saying it's a bad thing (although people is a stretch as it was on reddit)

Cake Farts

Competitive Speed Shitting should be a sport
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember someone on the farms once saying that passphrases are better than your standard capital/lowercase letter/number/special character format. Is that true?

trannyfucker

fucker of trannies
kiwifarms.net
Late, but also:

• crop your screenshots to remove incriminating information such as apps you have open/other websites/mobile phone provider
  • timezones can be used to dox KF users (e.g., 'he is in a certain part of Australia'), so you might want to remove Twitter/FB screenshots with times posted in, or set them to a different timezone from the one you are in.
  • best to avoid sperging about cows in your real name or on other sites with usernames that can be linked back to you. E.g., if you are going to post about cows on Reddit you post about on KF, it's best to not to post anything vaguely linkable to you there, like your pregnancy, work, etc.
  • same applies specifically on Facebook. Best to have a totally fake Facebook account for anything vaguely cow-related. You can switch between very easily between them
  • people who have IRL beefs with cows who drop dox based on that beef on KF. Yeah sorry they know who you are. If you send your dox to a KF friend then that helps a little, if you post on other stuff on KF and don't want your rantings about the upcoming fourth reich to be linked to you doxing someone who pissed you off in IRL.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
So it's okay to use a VPN and TOR? I remember researching into it years ago and all I found were people saying it's a bad thing (although people is a stretch as it was on reddit)
People say it's bad because Tor is basically as secure as it gets, but a VPN can essentially just be a huge MITM security hole. Using Tor alone is always better than Tor + VPN, but if your VPN is compromised you've already got a big fucking problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.