• THROUGHOUT THE WORLD!!

Community Pro-Ana

Discussion in 'Beauty Parlour' started by AtroposHeart, Oct 16, 2013.

Forum Guidelines

The Beauty Parlour is for women or not-women in the sphere of cosplay and the beauty industry that is not strictly limited to lolcows.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. Declaring a post powerleveling does not magically exempt you from this rule.
  • No thirst. No one cares if you want to have sex with someone. Reporting thirst posts to mods is encouraged.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. Failtrolls will be ridiculed mercilessly.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  1. I have a friend who has a tumblr of "Thinspiration" and she's always bitching about her eating habits, but she's skinny as a twig. I get sick of hearing that bullshit. Get help.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    bradsternum

bradsternum Won't Call Anyone

kiwifarms.net
  2. All of these fad diets they post reminds me of this one website... Oh wait, here it is
    http://www.faddiet.com

Also, in case you guys need Thinspiration:

[​IMG]

I mean, that's really all I can think of... skeletons with skin are not attractive at all, seriously, moderation... obesity (chronic overeating and lack of exercise specifically, especially if the obesity is behavioral) and anorexia/bulimia are both very harmful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Something Vague

Something Vague Keurig Connoisseur
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. Agreed. Freshman year of college, one of my roommates was a dance major/aspiring ballerina. She was already pretty thin/toned/fit/what have you, as most dancers tend to be because of the athleticism the dedication to the craft requires. However, she'd always be talking with her friend about how they were so totally going to go on diets for real and how "OK...today we are only eating 600-800 calories and then like...400 tomorrow!" ... :?:

Granted, dancing culture really does foster a pro-Ana lifestyle in some ways. There are literally directors/choreographers out there who think that ballerinas whose bones stick out are the most desirable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Golly

Golly [warbles internally]
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. Definitely. The obsession with being thin isn't solely a personal problem. It's societal, too. But blaming it all on society and not doing anything about it is just as bad as the fat fuckers who don't try to fix themselves.

I went through a bad phase as a teenager (who didn't?), stopped eating, got down under 100 pounds (I'm 5'8) and then my organs started shutting down. I stopped being an exceptional individual (debatable, I guess) and now I'm better. Point being, only insane and/or sick people would want to be extremely underweight. It is suicidal.

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    bradsternum

bradsternum Won't Call Anyone

kiwifarms.net

5. Oh my god... what the fuck is wrong with those people? not only they're doing the completely opposite of lookking for help, but also, they're encouraging people to keep with that self-destructive "life style" just... what the fuck? what the fuck? |:(

The worst part is:
    1.-they realize that they have a big problem, and they don't do anything about that, they just justify themselves with all that "choise" bullshit...
    2.-they encourage people to keep that horrendous "life style" and never look for help...

Those people need help, and just as Fialovy said, neither obesity, anorexia nor bulimia are attractive, they're painful to watch, it's a big problem and it's really harmful...

Stuff and Things

Stuff and Things Bloodsucker

kiwifarms.net
  6. On tumblr they seem to enjoy drinking green tea instead of eating. One time (ok I was sick, but still) I drank tea on an empty stomach. I was barfing that up 10 minutes later.

OH. MAYBE THAT'S WHY THEY DO IT. :stupid:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    sparklemilhouse

sparklemilhouse America Online for Dummies™

kiwifarms.net
  7. This thread makes me want to go get myself a nice, fat steak and eat it while reading the posts.

Seriously, I've heard of Pro-Ana and it literally makes me feel sick. I need to eat to make gains in weightlifting anyway, but knowing these people exist makes me want to eat just for the hell of it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem Supreme Gentleman and True Alpha Male

kiwifarms.net
  8. MPA always has the most amusing slapfights about who is better at ana, the current leader and thinspiration: gallery_2410_752_261196.jpg

She's dead now, but she died thin so it's k

• Feels Feels x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    Ninja_Warrior

Ninja_Warrior PAC Chief Data Analyst
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Yeah, what's the funniest about pro-ana tumblr/reddit people (imo) is that most of them are fat but aspiring anorexics. They glamorize the ED because they want to lose weight but most of them are cows that can't stick to a normal diet.

kiwifarms.net
  10. Yup. A huge amount of pro-anas are landwhales who fap to the idea of being thin.

• Like Like x 1
    Ninja_Warrior

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. This looks like something that might have been started by 4chan and then taken seriously by teenage girls on tumblr and instagram.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Cyan

Cyan #006666
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. What's with the rash on her stomach?

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  13. If you want a good reason not to become anorexic and any of its sub types, have a look at this 2medusa article that gives an extract of a case study where a woman died purging.

http://www.2medusa.com/2008/09/bulimia-killswarning-graphic-pictures.html?m=1

Warning: graphic images.

Highlights include the sheer volume of content in her stomach, and locations of pooling after a gastric rupture.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    Geo

Geo Serious Rockmongler

kiwifarms.net
  14. Aaand it's a necrobump with an actual body.

kiwifarms.net
  15. But fatter than ashley isaacs

• Winner Winner x 2
    smallmilk

smallmilk small god

kiwifarms.net
  16. That is when you use a heating pad too much on your skin and it burns the sub derm levels.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    xenomorph

xenomorph I need to wake up Leanna to make me dinner.

kiwifarms.net
  17. 2 theories, 1 is purging bruising, the other is internal bleeding from the body consuming itself

Ninja_Warrior

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. I don't understand it either. This is some weird societal issue-is it a backlash at the fact that 2/3rds of the population is now overweight? Does nobody know what it looks like or feels like to be normal?

People who deliberately get that thin whennits not natural for their body type, who think about food that way and restrict or whatever, they are every bit as sick as the Amberlynn or Tess types.

I imagine this is a sick phase for a lot of teens who grow out of it. But a susceptible few are going to end up caught in this web and be unable to get out. People who encourage this are evil.

Seems like there are no online models of normal fitness. There are either obese woman saying they are healthy, or anorexics encouraging others to join their group, or those who do coffee enemas and drink urine for "health" How about a normal weight person who eats right, exercises moderately, and knows how to have fun? Do they even exist? They are probably too boring for today's culture.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Barbarella

Barbarella Guards! To the Mathmos with this winged fruitcake.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. I remember a while back I found a website called "150 Ways to Starve Yourself" or something equally horrifying... The girl who ran it would blog sometimes and talk shit about "fat" celebrities like Kate Upton, who had, in her opinion, "really porked out". It was sad.

Last I heard she'd changed the name of the site to avoid any more negative attention but everything else was more or less the same.

• Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net