Programming thread -

Least Concern

Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
Any recommendations for sites with remote work job postings?
Frameworks and languages you're familiar with might have their own job boards. I generally recommend checking those first since it means you'll see fewer listings you aren't qualified for.

Manly-Chicken

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Depends on where you are in your career. You can try this site.
Frameworks and languages you're familiar with might have their own job boards. I generally recommend checking those first since it means you'll see fewer listings you aren't qualified for.
Thanks, boyos, I'll look into this

Reactions: Kiwi Jeff

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What an idiotically soy-filled response considering the only reason the joke works is because she is a fucking legend.
This sort of shit is way more off-putting to women considering STEM jobs than any legitimate muhsoguhknee.

I wouldn't want to work in a field where if someone makes an innocuous joke some fat autistic fuck is going to come barrelling in to defend my honor from imaginary transgressions.

Last edited:

дядя Боря

kiwifarms.net
What an idiotically soy-filled response considering the only reason the joke works is because she is a fucking legend.
how is she a legend now? I looked at her bio and it claims that she was an engineer but the print out photo is the code written by "her team". From the credits, it looks like she was another woman who accidentally detoured into computer science and was immediately promoted to a lead to keep away from fucking up code. Most of her accomplishments are nebulous lead this and organizing that, which basically spells out as someone who sucked at being an actual engineer and a coder and who had to go somewhere else to verbally bullshit, because at the end of the day you don't need to compile that.

Cedric_Eff

I’m the Lord of the Harvest!
kiwifarms.net
how is she a legend now? I looked at her bio and it claims that she was an engineer but the print out photo is the code written by "her team". From the credits, it looks like she was another woman who accidentally detoured into computer science and was immediately promoted to a lead to keep away from fucking up code. Most of her accomplishments are nebulous lead this and organizing that, which basically spells out as someone who sucked at being an actual engineer and a coder and who had to go somewhere else to verbally bullshit, because at the end of the day you don't need to compile that.
Simply put, Autistic fucks are gonna be Autistic fucks. There will be people out there who’s gonna sperg about dumb shit like this. She’s just seen as a legend because she worked on something relating to the Apollo Program. I personally prefer the engineers and programmers who worked on the Shuttle during its early years though.

Least Concern

Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
This is an ignorant comment on many levels. NASA in the '60s wasn't much interested in today's idea of political correctness; there were Russkies to beat to the moon, and lives were literally at stake. There was neither the culture of affirmative action and hiring quotas, nor the tolerance of anyone who didn't belong there. Second, in the early days of modern computing, female programmers were not at all uncommon, largely because doing calculations was seen as secretarial-style work. I have no doubts that Hamilton was competent at her job and wasn't just a "diversity hire."

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Have you considered suicide?

SomeRandomJosh

kiwifarms.net
I fucking love when someone spergs about js (and its dependencies) and then you take a look at the person's code and it has more spaghetti than a Italian restaurant.

Or runs fucking slow because php succ they can't code properly.

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin

дядя Боря

kiwifarms.net
This is an ignorant comment on many levels. NASA in the '60s wasn't much interested in today's idea of political correctness; there were Russkies to beat to the moon, and lives were literally at stake. There was neither the culture of affirmative action and hiring quotas, nor the tolerance of anyone who didn't belong there. Second, in the early days of modern computing, female programmers were not at all uncommon, largely because doing calculations was seen as secretarial-style work. I have no doubts that Hamilton was competent at her job and wasn't just a "diversity hire."
whoa, we just made a leap from using a Felix to being a "programmer"

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino