Project Zomboid - The farming simulator disguised as a zombie survival game

• DDoS is active again.

Lieutenant Rasczak

Just another internet retard
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, fucking around in sandbox and on modded maps is fun. The map is Spy's Facility-7 Demo if you were wondering.

wuhanbiolab.png

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
41.51 has been neat so far and it feels a ton better to play than 41, although there is a bit of jank you can still notice while playing. Them fixing the lighting on building exteriors so they actually work really helps with the visuals so its not so flat, apparently after you would quit the game on a new save every exterior light would just stop working. Still not expecting MP or a real release in any reasonable amount of time, but I am looking forward to where things are headed.

Serbian Peacekeepers

Spook's riding first class
kiwifarms.net
Still not expecting MP or a real release in any reasonable amount of time, but I am looking forward to where things are headed.
Id expect mp to come sometime next year , it seems like it was far along before the delay so its probably mainly optimizations , but we are 100% not seeing release for at least another 4 years

Serbian Peacekeepers

kiwifarms.net
Mods sounds like they're at a pretty okay place for that, from the bits and pieces the devs have mentioned them it sounds like they want the npc system to be really robust but I wonder how much different it can be from what the community has done.
ive used the main NPC mod , and its ok but its really janky , i would not recommend for normal play. But i doubt the devs can do any better within a reasonable timeframe

BiggerChungus

it's like a roller coaster into your own grave
kiwifarms.net
The new visuals are nice, but the way you move fucking sucks now. It's so unresponsive and stiff.

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
The new visuals are nice, but the way you move fucking sucks now. It's so unresponsive and stiff.
I disagree on the control part because after I got used to it when they first switched it it seemed fluid enough, but in the latest version something definitely feels off to me. Had a lot of issues with my character just continuing to walk whatever direction they were going as well as that in the car, usually ending up in spinning around. Also more issues when a lot of zombies are active now too which was pretty bizarre with how stable it felt in the last version.

BiggerChungus

it's like a roller coaster into your own grave
kiwifarms.net
I disagree on the control part because after I got used to it when they first switched it it seemed fluid enough, but in the latest version something definitely feels off to me. Had a lot of issues with my character just continuing to walk whatever direction they were going as well as that in the car, usually ending up in spinning around. Also more issues when a lot of zombies are active now too which was pretty bizarre with how stable it felt in the last version.
Noticed a lot of my guy continuing to walk and not stopping or turning, or turning around in the wrong direction. Hitreg is also weird, repeatedly couldn't shove a zombie even though my guy's arms were going through it and it chomped me.

Last edited:

Serbian Peacekeepers

kiwifarms.net
I havent tried the newest build 41 update , but im gonna bet they fucked up something or brought some useless MP code over to the game on accident

ksivy

Freshly roasted harassment
kiwifarms.net
I myself still miss smothering my fucked up wife with a pillow to end the tutorial faster.

Also, I remember the game being very bland without mods and I haven't touched it in literal years and would like to ask for some mod collection as well. I'm starting to get that zombie-survival itch again so it's high-time to get back into it.

Serbian Peacekeepers

kiwifarms.net
The devs are going full damage control on it because....reasons?

Lemmy's always struck me as a weird control freak who can't handle criticism so maybe that's why uncommenting existing code and changing flags from True to False is super ultra meanieguy stuff that he's going nuclear over. Also:
View attachment 2441992
Lol 2014. Where are the NPCs at, Indiestone?
I can respect zomboids devs for being pretty controlling of their community and not letting certain groups take hold ( i alluded to this in a previous post but if anyone cares i can make a full post about the BLM debacle last year EDIT: i already made a post about this in the thread woops) , but trying to say people "hacked" the game to enable mp is retarded , and them trying to silence people from talking about it is retarded , PZ is , and always will be , a niche game for weirdos , and trying to make it anything more is going to kill it in the crib.

Also since they rewrote like 90% of the code for b41 npcs have been delayed forever.

RiceofSkywalker

Just a chink off the old block.
kiwifarms.net
So the devs are worried this hack will "take the wind out of the sails" of a game that's been in early access hell for nearly a decade? I mean sure, it's their game and within their rights to take it down, but surely they can understand the community's anxiousness here.
( i alluded to this in a previous post but if anyone cares i can make a full post about the BLM debacle last year EDIT: i already made a post about this in the thread woops)
I'd like to hear more. Only drama I've heard of from acquaintances playing the game is some mods over on the Steam forum getting butthurt over troon pronouns.