Project Zomboid - The farming simulator disguised as a zombie survival game

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
You'd think after the amount of fuckups these guys have gone through they may have learned to handle something like this. Its an embarrassing way to handle this situation and does them no favors at all. If they let it fly then it would have been good for building anticipation to the official release and they could have just dripfed info on what they were improving to hold peoples interest in a proper release.

Kaede Did Nothing Wrong

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>it's a hack, it's a leak, it's stolen code
it's a fucking mod. nothing distinguishes this from a mod. a hack isn't defined as "computer thing that upsets me."
big balls.png

and he's trying to set up that it's a civil liability. ridiculous. it is unreal how quickly crisis language newspeak gets adopted by redditors, and the complete obedience it provokes.

here's an archive of instructions on how to get multiplayer running in Project Zomboid. archive of the dev statement.

Project Zomboid - How to Enable Build 41 Multiplayer​

Written by ttv.Sr_Bane / Today, 08:00

This is a guide to enable multiplayer in the IWBUMS beta branch of Project Zomboid Build 41.

Guide to Enable Build 41 Multiplayer​

How To​

• To enable multiplayer, navigate to ProjectZomboid\media\lua\client\OptionScreens\MainScreen.lua
  • Go to lines 1518, and delete the "[[" and "]]" on lines 1518 and 1528 respectively.
  • Next, go to line 1465, and after the "--" add "[[" without quotes, and on line 1468, add "]]", without the quotes, after the "end".
  • Go to line 584. Remove the "--" from the beginning of the line, and add it to the beginning of the line below. Do this for line 596 as well.
  • On line 590, 592, 601, and 603 add "--" to the beginning of the line.
  • Save the file.
  • After this, multiplayer should be working.
It should be noted, that multiplayer was disabled for a reason, and thus, this is going to be even more unstable than 41 already is, possible desyncs.

This is not the intended way build 41 is supposed to operate, any and all damage to your game or saves is your own doing and not attributable to me.

Written by ttv.Sr_Bane.

Serbian Peacekeepers

Spook's riding first class
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to hear more. Only drama I've heard of from acquaintances playing the game is some mods over on the Steam forum getting butthurt over troon pronouns.
Back when the whole BLM thing was ramping up the modder planetalgol made a mod called BLM , it changed the main menu to have smash the fash and other shit lazily plastered on , the mod of course became a war zone in the comments of rainbow hairs and pol rejects trying to own each other , and it started spilling over to the reddit and discord , devs had enough of it and made a community wide rule that politics are banned from the workshop , reddit , discord , and fourms. Their announcement had a section about how they detest the altright blah blah blah (archive of the reddit post about the new rule https://web.archive.org/web/2021010...r/projectzomboid/comments/h86jtm/no_politics/ ) , this made the mod maker fucking furious and they deleted all their mods ,that didnt have mods that depended on them ,off the workshop by updating them and removing all the content (steam prioritizes updating a mod instead of deleting it) and kept their mods down for about a month before putting them back up with 2 warnings on each of their mods , eventually this was changed to just 1 warning but it explictly said "dont kick up a fuss elsewhere".
Eventually they removed the warnings but still dont allow comments and will bitch if someone tries to contact them.

Sadly the BLM mod is lost to time , and i cant find screenshots of it , it got scrubbed pretty hard.

The orginal 2 warnings
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpgsteamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net1.jpg
The Revised warning
2.jpg

Last edited:

kidney

Ethnically Rhodesian
kiwifarms.net
Lemmy's always struck me as a weird control freak who can't handle criticism so maybe that's why uncommenting existing code and changing flags from True to False is super ultra meanieguy stuff that he's going nuclear over.

Lemmy and EnigmaGrey are both control freaks and cows lol. I don't know about Lemmy but EnigmaGrey tends to shoah any minute criticism/etc. on the steam discussion page at a minimum. People have the right to complain when your game has been in early access for 8 years

I havent tried the newest build 41 update , but im gonna bet they fucked up something or brought some useless MP code over to the game on accident

Also predicted the future? lol

Last edited:

Nickolas Gurr

kiwifarms.net
I mean sure, it's their game and within their rights to take it down.
Nah, this is bullshit. They charge money for it, their game is being advertised by the fans by word of mouth, their studio can only exist because people play their games. This is not their game, this is people's game, товарищ. Okay, maybe this is their game, but they still have some obligations.

Dr. Two-Time Champion

kiwifarms.net
Dev Team: Here is an idea guys! Lets make an update that makes our game worth playing but make multiplayer un-playable. That way people will generate "H Y P E" for 6 months while we "fix" multiplayer. Great plan.

In all seriousness, did they block the multiplayer mod to prevent some modder from finding out that they broke it on purpose? Or at the very least to try and hide that they are incompetent at being devs.

Coelacanth

Your local living [[BIG SHOT!!!!!]]
kiwifarms.net
Aren't these the same people who worked with the fans who created the cars mod to implement into the game? Jfc. You'd think that fans fixing the multiplayer issue would be a godsend but nope.

Zomboid is a lolcow of a game
It hurts but it's true, as much as I love the game and its old soundtrack. Dunno why they decided to change a lot of the songs.

Serbian Peacekeepers

kiwifarms.net
Dev Team: Here is an idea guys! Lets make an update that makes our game worth playing but make multiplayer un-playable. That way people will generate "H Y P E" for 6 months while we "fix" multiplayer. Great plan.

In all seriousness, did they block the multiplayer mod to prevent some modder from finding out that they broke it on purpose? Or at the very least to try and hide that they are incompetent at being devs.
They blocked mp because it showed it was buggy but playable and that the whole "what our fans deserve" thing was a attempt to play with the fans to try and get away with that shitty behavior. And of course it works because they have created a fanbase as forgiving as dreams or rockstars.

Dr. Two-Time Champion

kiwifarms.net
They blocked mp because it showed it was buggy but playable and that the whole "what our fans deserve" thing was a attempt to play with the fans to try and get away with that shitty behavior. And of course it works because they have created a fanbase as forgiving as dreams or rockstars.
I think it's more that people are in denial or have the sunk cost fallacy who are defending the game. Don't get me wrong I play and enjoy the game but these devs are driving it into the ground real fast.

Serbian Peacekeepers

kiwifarms.net
I think it's more that people are in denial or have the sunk cost fallacy who are defending the game. Don't get me wrong I play and enjoy the game but these devs are driving it into the ground real fast.
Sunk cost? More like Sunk time , game sales for 20/15 bucks normally.
I kinda of wish someone smarter than me would go and dig up more stuff regarding this game , i think it could make for a interesting community watch/internet famous thread

Dr. Two-Time Champion

kiwifarms.net
Sunk cost? More like Sunk time , game sales for 20/15 bucks normally.
I kinda of wish someone smarter than me would go and dig up more stuff regarding this game , i think it could make for a interesting community watch/internet famous thread
Yes, the cost being time, but I'm sure there is a ten foot layer of shitty decisions that these devs make outside of the game itself.

Serbian Peacekeepers

kiwifarms.net
In true pz modding community fashion , britas weapon pack has had its comments disabled for being "distracting" , of course there is also a self rightous statement about why they are disabled
Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 19-48-31 Steam Workshop Brita's Weapon Pack.png
The PZ modding community has been one of the most unpleasant ones ive ever seen , its like each modder is some form of cow except for 1 that i know of.