I would call them...

• Whatever they wanted, big deal.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • By their biological sex

Votes: 77 41.6%

• Total voters

LordAzazel

kiwifarms.net
Hey guys, obviously we're all Trump voting alt-right LGBT hating gun toters here, instead of a bunch of autists who merely dislike the attention seeking behaviour exhibited by lolcows, but I was kinda wondering what your thoughts on pronoun use were.

Imagine a lifelong buddy came up to you, and was like, "dude, if you could please use he/she/they from now on, I'd really appreciate it" and they wouldn't make a big drama out of it the few times you mess up while getting used to it, would you do it?

I'd personally do it, since it's real little effort and if it makes them happy fine. Of course, if they turn out like Phil and accuse me of literally murdering them the few times I call them by the wrong pronoun, I don't think I could resist messing up more often intentionally since I like drama.

What would you guys do?

Please leave the sperging and drama to the cows kthxpls.

Positron

Bovid-19. Codename: White Yak
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine a lifelong buddy came up to you, and was like, "dude, if you could please use he/she/they from now on, I'd really appreciate it" and they wouldn't make a big drama out of it the few times you mess up while getting used to it, would you do it?.
Not a fucking chance. I'll tell him to play his Elsa game in the comfort of his own home.

Intelligent Calcium

kiwifarms.net
I'm okay with calling someone their preferred choice of he or she, if they're making an effort to pass, aren't completely insane and aren't just blatantly attention grabbing. They is only something I use to refer to a person who's gender I don't know or as a neutral pronoun in examples where the person in question could be either male or female. Xir is right out.

While I don't really agree with it, I can understand people being unwilling to do even that much. If you think gender dysphoria is a mental illness that can be corrected, calling a man a woman or vice versa would be amoral, as you are reinforcing that person's delusion just to avoid a scene.

Assorted Nuts

Salty
kiwifarms.net
I find it kind of silly, when are you ever going to be talking to someone and refer to them by third person pronouns? It seems like an attempt to control someone's language when they're not even around you.

I'm not heartless though, if you want to be male or female I'll call you either one as long as you aren't a dick about or are clearly not even trying, like if you want me to consider you a her when you have a beard. But if you ask me to call you they or some bullshit like zir then you can kindly go fuck yourself.

Jacquetta

This Badass Self
kiwifarms.net
I'm too lazy to make a big deal of shit like that and also just don't think it's that big of a deal so if you're not an idiot about it I'll go along with it. And at least where I live people have been using single-they to refer to people whose gender they don't know for ages so I guess I don't see the issue there.

But if you want to be called it/faer/xir/vy or some other super faggoty shit like that IRL you can fuck right off, though. Especially if you get pissed off that people don't immediately realise that you're an autistigender Vadekin who uses tardself pronouns because you look like a girl who was born a girl.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much what everyone else is saying. Call them what they ask for, so long as it's a real word, the issue seems important to them and they aren't making a mockery of the whole thing. So no genderqueer nonsense.
I would refuse to use neutral pronouns. "They" is just plain grammatically incorrect.
Singular they is pretty well established as a legitimate usage. I wouldn't say it's grammatically incorrect, only perhaps sloppy sometimes. And even then that's context dependent.

For example, here's a bad usage: "Hello, this is my friend Christine. They are really into legos."

I think if I heard this spoken out loud, I'd be confused because I'd wonder why you didn't go with the gender specific pronoun, "she". I'd probably be very careful about how I acted around Christine, lest I get lectured about gender identity and cis privilege.

But this example isn't too bad: "That man is a fucking weirdo. They have been banned from everywhere in town."

You've already established that you're talking about a man in the first sentence. The difference between "he" and "they" in the second sentence is minimal. No one would notice anything.

D.Va

(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The second someone I know puts pronouns in their Twitter profile I know they are about to have an "I'm trans" epiphany that causes them to switch pronouns every couple months until they eventually alienate themselves from anyone they don't trust.

If you're going to go by he/she/they whatever I don't care. Fuck off if you're using ve/xe/fae or whatever, this isn't a game. This isn't transphobia; the people laughing at you with attack helicopter jokes aren't transphobic, they just think you're pathetic. Even transtrenders misgender one another in heated arguments because they know it's going to piss the other person off.

TsumTsum

Adding to my collection of waifus.
kiwifarms.net
I am fairly accepting and liberal but I have limits. I use the pronouns they ask for if -

1. They are attempting to pass as gender they want to be called.
2. They don't throw a hissy if I mess up.
3. It's the first time they ask it.
4. If it's only she/he/they. Fuck neopronouns.

As soon as they start screaming about misgendering and the patriarchy I will call them by the gender they were born by.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Hey guys, obviously we're all Trump voting alt-right LGBT hating gun toters here, instead of a bunch of autists who merely dislike the attention seeking behaviour exhibited by lolcows, but I was kinda wondering what your thoughts on pronoun use were.

Imagine a lifelong buddy came up to you, and was like, "dude, if you could please use he/she/they from now on, I'd really appreciate it" and they wouldn't make a big drama out of it the few times you mess up while getting used to it, would you do it?
If it's he or she, sure. If it's they, yeah probably but expect some eye rolling. If it's some weird tumblr bullshit, they need an intervention, not coddling.

Tags
None