Votes: 108 58.4%
  • By their biological sex

Votes: 77 41.6%

• Total voters

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
Define the word 'friend'.

You also should understand that you are among a community of persons that see sex and gender as a unified binary concept. And as far as your responses concern me, let me propose this example.

Let us say that I have a friend by the name of Jane that I have known for 20 years. This person does not exist, but let us imagine. She is an above-average female, in that she dresses, speaks, acts, and comports herself in a way that a woman should. In fact, you may say that she is a very beautiful woman. She is a woman that has spent much time with me in a continent, platonic manner, and so I know her very well. However, it comes to my attention one day while at her home, that I happen to walk in on her undressing by accident, and I see that she has male genitalia. Further conversation with her disposes me to the fact that she is, in fact, genetically male, and that she has taken hormone replacement therapy since her early teens.

It would be my duty to start calling 'her' by pronouns naturally ordered to his God-given sex. Pronouns have no place in being kind. To be kind is to be witness to the truth. Now, Jane can reserve his name, certainly, because a name is used sparingly. When we reference people, pronouns are almost always used when the subject is understood, and so the true information about Jane's sex comes out through pronoun usage.

I would not call Jane by his natural pronouns in order to spite him. On the contrary, Jane is very welcome to remain my friend. I would assume that Jane is perhaps a very kind and tolerable person if I have been friends with him for 20 years. If Jane would end our friendship because of a change in pronoun usage, then perhaps Jane was never a friend to begin with.

Again, I want you to define the word 'friend'.
I don't see what you'd get out of calling someone who looks and acts and lives as a woman a he. It's different than someone you've always known as a man asking you to call them a woman. In this case it's not just a preferred pronoun, but a pronoun that every other member of society is using. Is a boat a woman? No, a boat isn't a woman and has no resemblance to one. But a boat is still a she, because society has deemed boats shes.

kiwifarms.net
[redacted]
I do not see what people get out of rejecting and mutilating the reality of their God-given sex. As for me, I respect God far before the stupid wishes of men. God made us in his image and likeness: man and woman. I respect how He has made His creature, even if His creature rejects and hates this God-given nature. The creature is never above the Creator.

And note in my hypothetical example that I would have been friends with Jane for 20 years. In reality, a sex pervert would never want to be friends with me because all sex perverts are narcissists. And I have zero tolerance for narcissistic behavior. A human being like 'Jane' would be a serious anomaly, and if Jane decided to stay friends with me after I corrected my usage of pronouns for him, I would not really understand it. Sex perverts are very unreasonable people that tend towards rage and tantrums when issues arise.

As for what I would get out of respecting God and His creature, well, is not the answer obvious? By conforming the pronoun usage to his true sex, I will learn if I am interacting with a reasonable man. If he reacts unreasonably to the truth, then I know to cut him out of my life because he clearly does not respect himself or God. I have cut people out of my life for far less than being sex perverts.

I know of one person in my life that I would consider a friend. You gain far more enemies as a Roman Catholic than you do friends—and I would not have it any other way.

LordAzazel

kiwifarms.net
I do not see what people get out of rejecting and mutilating the reality of their God-given sex. As for me, I respect God far before the stupid wishes of men. God made us in his image and likeness: man and woman. I respect how He has made His creature, even if His creature rejects and hates this God-given nature. The creature is never above the Creator.

And note in my hypothetical example that I would have been friends with Jane for 20 years. In reality, a sex pervert would never want to be friends with me because all sex perverts are narcissists. And I have zero tolerance for narcissistic behavior. A human being like 'Jane' would be a serious anomaly, and if Jane decided to stay friends with me after I corrected my usage of pronouns for him, I would not really understand it. Sex perverts are very unreasonable people that tend towards rage and tantrums when issues arise.

As for what I would get out of respecting God and His creature, well, is not the answer obvious? By conforming the pronoun usage to his true sex, I will learn if I am interacting with a reasonable man. If he reacts unreasonably to the truth, then I know to cut him out of my life because he clearly does not respect himself or God. I have cut people out of my life for far less than being sex perverts.

I know of one person in my life that I would consider a friend. You gain far more enemies as a Roman Catholic than you do friends—and I would not have it any other way.
A Catholic calling people sex perverts... I never thought I'd see the day. How're the kids?

Also: If I were you I'd look up all the forms of intersex that exist if you believe a creator created us his likeness.
My favourite one is 5-alpha reductase deficiency, where you're born a girl and when you hit puberty: Boom! Your clitoris grows into a micropenis and you're now growing a beard.

Verily, we mere mortals can never aspire to get even close to the level of trolling of a Creator that comes up with that.

kiwifarms.net
[redacted]
If you have a Y chromosome, then you are male. If you lack this Y chromosome, you are female. The development of secondary sex characteristics is just that—SECONDARY. You are born with your primary sex characteristics.

I really should not have to explain this. I am presuming your confusion results from your contra-education by the awful Western educational system.

LordAzazel

kiwifarms.net
If you have a Y chromosome, then you are male. If you lack this Y chromosome, you are female. The development of secondary sex characteristics is just that—SECONDARY. You are born with your primary sex characteristics.

I really should not have to explain this. I am presuming your confusion results from your contra-education by the awful Western educational system.
...I don't think you got my point. You were sperging about us being made in the likeliness of a creator, male and female.

My point was that if there is a creator, he's either a humongous troll, or an inept idiot.

If you had actually looked up my example, you'd find that people who have 5-alpha reductase deficiency have an Y-chromosome, so they're born genitically male. But because they can't convert testosterone to DHT, they're often born with primary sex characteristics indistinguishable from females, and only start to develop male characteristics at puberty.

Same if you're insensitive to testosterone - you have an Y chromosome, but are born with female sex characteristics.

Oh, you also have people who consist of a mosaic of cells - some with two X chromosomes, some cells that also contain a Y chromosome - in the same person!

Are they male? Are they female?

It's fascinating in how many ways nature can fuck up.
To say there are 40 genders is idiotic and I can't be bothered to learn the multiple versions of "Attack Helicopter Specialus" that people go by, but to say we were created with only two sexes (male and female) is even more so, since that's something you can measure/observe. Rule of nature: There will always be an exception to every rule. No exceptions.

Sailor Haumea

kiwifarms.net
Whoo, boy. If you ask to be referred to as male, I'll use male pronouns. If you ask me to refer to you as female, I'll use female pronouns. Even someone like Chris-chan I'll refer to with their preferred pronouns.

But when you're so retarded that you claim to be genderfluid, or nonbinary, or ask to be referred to as "xir" or some other autistic bullshit, I'm defaulting back to what you look like.

There are only two genders. You can transition from one to the other, but you can't zig-zag back and forth and be male on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and female on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. That's not how shit works, and you're retarded if you expect me to refer to you as "xir".

And if you ask to be referred to as "it" or "they", you have SERIOUS issues with yourself because you apparently hold yourself in low regard.

Now if the person seems to be attention whoring, I will refer to them as their biological sex. On the other hand, however, if they seem sincere, I'll respect that. I do believe that Chris-chan is sincere - even if she is utterly failing at transitioning.

Maxliam

You all disgust me.
kiwifarms.net
Hmmm...I guess is someone is actually transgender and not a transtrender I'd call them the sex they identify with. Though to me there are only 2 genders, man and woman. That xir, hyr, xhe, etc. crap that sounds like a 3rd rate Conan the Barbarian naming convention isn't going to happen with me.

scared sheep

fluffy sheep
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey guys, obviously we're all Trump voting alt-right LGBT hating gun toters here, instead of a bunch of autists who merely dislike the attention seeking behaviour exhibited by lolcows, but I was kinda wondering what your thoughts on pronoun use were.

Imagine a lifelong buddy came up to you, and was like, "dude, if you could please use he/she/they from now on, I'd really appreciate it" and they wouldn't make a big drama out of it the few times you mess up while getting used to it, would you do it?

I'd personally do it, since it's real little effort and if it makes them happy fine. Of course, if they turn out like Phil and accuse me of literally murdering them the few times I call them by the wrong pronoun, I don't think I could resist messing up more often intentionally since I like drama.

What would you guys do?

Please leave the sperging and drama to the cows kthxpls.
I'd accept them, I already have for many people. I also don't get the point of misgendering as an insult because all it does it confuse others on who you're referring to.

Gender is a complex thing, who am I to judge other people's genders?

Baphomet_Chan

kiwifarms.net
Sometimes watching the resulting spergout is amusing though. You would be surprised how worked up some people get over the wrong ones.

BooneHelm

kiwifarms.net
I'll respect their wishes if they are a respectable human being. Why would I go out of my way for someone if they're a massive shithead? Fuck that noise.

• Feels
Reactions: Sperghetti

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
I don't work with any of them, and I barely interact with them in the real world so it's not much of an issue. If they ask me to use a specific pronoun; then I'll try and use them if I can remember. I just try and avoid interacting with subhumans as much as possible.

Somchai

kiwifarms.net
I'd accept them, I already have for many people. I also don't get the point of misgendering as an insult because all it does it confuse others on who you're referring to.

Gender is a complex thing, who am I to judge other people's genders?
Gender is not a complex thing. Actually it's simple enough that many languages don't differentiate between "sex" and "gender".

Prince of Crows

Nug shug
kiwifarms.net
Honestly it's case by case for me. If it's some guy with a 5 o'clock shadow that's making no effort then it's a no. If it's someone who is genuinely making an effort to conform to the gender they feel they are then sure.

As other people have said, if it's some Tumblr bullshit then just no.

• Agree
Reactions: Sperghetti

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Outside the limits of the internet, I've almost never seen anyone be transgendered, and more importantly, never interacted with one.

So to answer the question, Biological sex unless I have to, and I haven't had to yet.

Senior Lexmechanic

See you in a couple months, maybe.
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes watching the resulting spergout is amusing though. You would be surprised how worked up some people get over the wrong ones.
I refer to tranny lolcows by their preferred pronouns most of the time because there's always someone in the thread who'll chimp out as hard as any genderspecial over it. Shit's cash.

Tags
None