Psychedelics thread -

Ped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
My post length follows a fairly consistent pattern.

Preaching / being a butthurt faggot: textwall

Trying to be funny / worrying everyone hates me now: short

I know a lot of burnouts who started like OP. I'm just busting @Autocrat 's balls.

Exigent Circumcisions

Why are these hands sprouting around me??
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Only if you're already experienced with it. I get where you're coming from, it can be good like that but it could go real wrong, too. You gotta have a fair amount of context and fortitude to make the best of it.
Agreed. You can also try with a very low dosage at first (1/4 tab). That's probably 'safe' and can be an effective way to get your sea legs. At that dosage you will get the psychological effects without the distracting and sometimes overbearing peak and trough effects of higher doses.

• Informative
Reactions: Recon

Exigent Circumcisions

Why are these hands sprouting around me??
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The last two times I did shrooms it made me pass out. As in faint, not fall asleep.

They always make me feel like the trees are trying to talk to me.
I've never heard of the fainting but it's probably tanking your blood pressure. Interesting. I find mushrooms to be much more intense than LSD but they both make the trees whisper at me.

I haven't done either of them in years, I have too much to lose now and I don't have time for the trip and the week or two of weirdness afterwards.

• Feels
Reactions: Recon
Robotripping = DXM. It's found in cough medicine e.g. robotussin (hence 'robotrip')
Benadryl is not DXM.

As someone who's tried plenty of good drugs, I think DXM is severely underrated.
You're supposed to extract the DXM out of the other crap. Admittedly, I've done it plenty of times before I knew about extraction.
It's a really good experience.
I can attest to this, DXM is strong shit, there's a reason robotussin isn't over the counter in much of europe (or so I've heard). Always just chugged down a bottle of the 'tussin (Full strength regular ol' robitussin, nothing with antihistamines or expectorants or anything). Dear god my stomach is still pretty mad at me for that...

It's the only time I ever experienced what I would call 'motion euphoria'. I was climbing up and down stairs and it felt so good...

That's odd misinformation. A bad trip would be the worst of your worries, but that's only a possibility on a very large dose.
In fact, if you're not in the best headspace, I would actually recommend LSD.
You can PM me if you want.
That's not true. You can have a bad trip even just thinking you took drugs. It's basically just an anxiety attack, exacerbated by your atypical mental state. I know at least one person who definitely has PTSD from a bad trip (he did take an absurd dose though).

I suppose the nature of the bad headspace would dictate whether or not it was a bad idea to trip. Any kind of anxiety/recurring though loop type stuff is NOT going to be improved by LSD. But it could distract you from a lot of other problems, and definitely gives you a different perspective (Whether or not that perspective makes any sense is irrelevant)

I've taken my fair share of psychedelics. I don't think I'm any worse for the wear, but some caution is warranted.

• Informative
Reactions: Piss

tuscangarder

Terrorist
kiwifarms.net
I've never heard of the fainting but it's probably tanking your blood pressure. Interesting. I find mushrooms to be much more intense than LSD but they both make the trees whisper at me.

I haven't done either of them in years, I have too much to lose now and I don't have time for the trip and the week or two of weirdness afterwards.
LSD never made me feel like the trees were talking, just fucked up with visuals. Though, I never tested it so really have no clue if it was actually LSD.

I googled the fainting from shrooms thing when it happened to me. Supposedly it can happen but it isn't common and no one really knows why.

I can attest to this, DXM is strong shit, there's a reason robotussin isn't over the counter in much of europe (or so I've heard). Always just chugged down a bottle of the 'tussin (Full strength regular ol' robitussin, nothing with antihistamines or expectorants or anything). Dear god my stomach is still pretty mad at me for that...

It's the only time I ever experienced what I would call 'motion euphoria'. I was climbing up and down stairs and it felt so good...

That's not true. You can have a bad trip even just thinking you took drugs. It's basically just an anxiety attack, exacerbated by your atypical mental state. I know at least one person who definitely has PTSD from a bad trip (he did take an absurd dose though).

I suppose the nature of the bad headspace would dictate whether or not it was a bad idea to trip. Any kind of anxiety/recurring though loop type stuff is NOT going to be improved by LSD. But it could distract you from a lot of other problems, and definitely gives you a different perspective (Whether or not that perspective makes any sense is irrelevant)

I've taken my fair share of psychedelics. I don't think I'm any worse for the wear, but some caution is warranted.
Bendaryl and Dxm are definitely different substances. But Benadryl can make you hallucinate if you take large doses. It is always a bad trip and you will be unable to tell reality from a hallucination so it is actually rather dangerous. It has no recreational value.

farts_meller

kiwifarms.net
"It's my STYLE!". :story:

You are way better off occasionally indulging in legal drugs. Whether you prefer a nice cigar, whiskey, or a daddy soda on a Friday after a long, productive week, treat yourself. Then wake up and hit it again, working toward not being poor until you really know what you want out of life, and then working toward that with a clearly-defined plan.

Hot tin roof, or whatever you call yourself, the answer to "Does being 18 mean I don't have things to teach you about life?" is yes. You've just started.

I was exceptional at 18, too. Fortunately for me, my "I know better than all these oldfags" sent me overseas rather than busking. I say fortunately because that locked me into legally having to look after my health, make money, and not burn my brain out with weird drugs.

You haven't lived a life yet. I've lived about a third of one. You've hopped on railcars? I've seen people killed, been to several other continents, built my house with my own hands, married, gotten two college degrees, worked in 49 states and a few territories, even put goats on an airplane. I'm not dick-measuring here; that would be pointless. You will probably have done as much or more than me in the next two decades. I don't even have any children yet.

It wasn't until I was 29 that I dipped my toes into farming. That was a real "oh, so this is why I'm here" experience. It's what the Christfags call "a calling." Shortly after I was fortunate enough to find a virtuous, caring, tough young woman with the same purpose in life. The last seven years are the first time in my life I've truly been happy. I work every day most weeks, though I make a point of taking a weekend now and then just to hang out with my wife.

Is music your calling? It's possible, but if your approach with it is to dismiss criticism and spend all your time melting your brain, it isn't. I'm sure you're familiar with Joe Rogan. That dude melts his brain, too, but he does a lot more than that, from bow hunting to his comedy and TV career to being a father and interviewing interesting people, he's got a lot on his plate and has been very successful at a lot of things.

Memento mori, kiddo. Spend less time "expanding your mind" with drugs and focus on expanding it with experience. I'm glad social media wasn't a thing when I was 18, so evidence of my exceptionalism is lost in the wind; the best advice anyone your age can get is "shut the fuck up."

My Maddox avatar isn't just funny. It's also a warning to myself of where thinking I know better than everyone leads. I *AM* literally telling you how to live your life, after all. I think I'm giving good advice based on lived experience here, but what the fuck do I know? Maybe you'll choose to become the next Tommy Tooter, instead. It will bring you no joy, but the rest of us will get a kick out of it.
I never suggested every day. You can't do psychedelics a lot if you have a life. They require you to set aside time just for them. I'm in my 50s and it's a maybe once or twice a year thing.

Everybody that were my peers, as to age, that drank heavily are DEAD.

Lots of people don't moderate well. They don't have a drink or two on fridays. They drink every day, and a lot of them use upper drugs to be able to work and drink daily.

Your model only works with a small population group.

• Agree
Reactions: Piss and Recon

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I never suggested every day. You can't do psychedelics a lot if you have a life. They require you to set aside time just for them. I'm in my 50s and it's a maybe once or twice a year thing.

Lots of people don't moderate well. They don't have a drink or two on fridays. They drink every day, and a lot of them use upper drugs to be able to work and drink daily.

I know that's why I'm calling OP an idiot. Is there any group less known for moderation than 16 to 20 year old guys? His idea of moderation, going by the shoving of cough medicine pills up his ass, is "I won't do drugs until I can afford them again because my dealer won't take credit".

I wonder if he'll become baby Tommy Tooter?

Ped Xing

kiwifarms.net

I know that's why I'm calling OP an idiot. Is there any group less known for moderation than 16 to 20 year old guys? His idea of moderation, going by the shoving of cough medicine pills up his ass, is "I won't do drugs until I can afford them again because my dealer won't take credit".

I wonder if he'll become baby Tommy Tooter?

Yeah, I'm with you for the most part, @farts_meller, but I don't know what program you're talking about that only works with a small population group.

To TLDR my textwall, which was primarily referring to OP, "Work hard, either at making money or something that matters deeply to you, and don't spend all your time dissipating to look for 'inspiration.'" That's not niche; that literally works for EVERYONE.

There's this song from The Byrds you may have heard of; it was so good they added it to the Bible. Uh, "Everything in Moderation," I think it was called.

Or are you saying only a small population group can moderate themselves? If you actually can't discipline yourself, you belong in a home.

And while I'm explaining the obvious, illegal drugs are a bad idea to use because if you get caught with them it will fuck up your life far above and beyond any extension to which they may be a fun leisure activity.

farts_meller

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I'm with you for the most part, @farts_meller, but I don't know what program you're talking about that only works with a small population group.

To TLDR my textwall, which was primarily referring to OP, "Work hard, either at making money or something that matters deeply to you, and don't spend all your time dissipating to look for 'inspiration.'" That's not niche; that literally works for EVERYONE.

There's this song from The Byrds you may have heard of; it was so good they added it to the Bible. Uh, "Everything in Moderation," I think it was called.

Or are you saying only a small population group can moderate themselves? If you actually can't discipline yourself, you belong in a home.

And while I'm explaining the obvious, illegal drugs are a bad idea to use because if you get caught with them it will fuck up your life far above and beyond any extension to which they may be a fun leisure activity.
I worked in music, live performances for 37 years. I have met all kinds of people. There are MANY people in society that don't moderate well.

I live in an America of fat fucks everywhere, single parenting on purpose, tinder fucks, dwis, and half or more of the population on psych drugs.

What America do you live in?

That argument is a reasonable warning, the problem is that logic gets used circularly to justify the drugs being illegal. "Pot is bad because it's illegal" "Why is it illegal?" "Because it's bad!" "Why is it bad" "Because it's illegal!"

The government doesn't get to say "Don't use that because it will ruin your life. Or rather, we will". Or at least, they can say that, but I don't have to agree with it.

Ped Xing

kiwifarms.net
I'm not saying drugs should be illegal because they're illegal. That's stupid. I'm saying if the Gestapo says they'll shoot you if you drink whisky, don't drink whisky. That doesn't mean I support that law. I don't support any law when people have their lives ruined for their own good. If your drug of choice is legal in your area, enjoy it. But there's no high worth being imprisoned over.

Christ's sake, fartsmeller, I know people are fuckups who fail to discipline themselves. That doesn't mean they shouldn't or can't be better. Are you being intentionally dense?

I'm not saying drugs should be illegal because they're illegal. That's stupid. I'm saying if the Gestapo says they'll shoot you if you drink whisky, don't drink whisky. That doesn't mean I support that law. I don't support any law when people have their lives ruined for their own good. If your drug of choice is legal in your area, enjoy it. But there's no high worth being imprisoned over.

Christ's sake, fartsmeller, I know people are fuckups who fail to discipline themselves. That doesn't mean they shouldn't or can't be better. Are you being intentionally dense?
Hah, for a minute I thought you were calling me a fartsmeller. I agree with what you're saying here.

farts_meller

kiwifarms.net

Christ sake. You have an idealized view of the potential of the average human. They won't let me mulch everybody with an IQ under 120.

You can't expect people with limited brain horsepower to do the right thing. We could get rid of a lot of nanny state laws if they let me mulch the ones that make the laws necessary, but neither will ever happen.

• Dumb
Reactions: Ped Xing
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino