Culture Putting American flags on police cars sparks backlash in Laguna Beach - God damned communist bullshit

ProgKing of the North

Close to the edge, just by the Riverlands
kiwifarms.net
Silly faggots have nothing of substance to complain about. They should paint all their vehicles that way. And then refuse to send them out to incidents where the complainant was vocally against them.

Really all it would take is for about 20 police unions to strike at once. In major metropolitan cities. Attitudes will change fast.
Fuck that, I hate the "if you aren't vocally supportive of everything cops do you don't deserve to have them help you"

That's bullshit, it's my right as an American to bitch about the cops as much as I want

THAT SAID, this is a dumb complaint

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Eh.

Laguna Beach really is an extremely artsy-fartsy community. Wanting their cop cars to be artsy-fartsy instead of anything even resembling kitschy is entirely within reason for them. They didn't even cry about how eviiillll the very idea of police is. They just called the paint job ugly.
I would almost be for the cars getting all fagged up with fancy art or whatever.

Think about it. When the cops come to address a problem, you see those cars coming and what you ideally should be seeing that as is the community sending its arm of the law to protect it. We're all one community, the police represent that community. The community will feel more invested if the police take their art as a banner.

And then a bunch of commie cucks up in Berkeley or wherever will get outraged that a bunch of rich white artists want to support their police instead of pretending an orderly society just magically happens. It'll be great.

The Ghost of ODB

The worst curse is a lie.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's the best part. Laguna Beach is literally 90% native born whites.
Laguna Beach is full of liberal artsy hippies and they're probably the ones who are complaining. Although OC as a whole seems to be lost...

Edit: Also y'all know that police vehicles have been getting the rainbow pride treatment for years now, right?

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-ne-wilton-manors-rainbow-gay-police-car-20190201-story.html
https://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2018/05/29/Pittsburgh-Police-decals-vehicles-pride-LGBT-union/stories/201805290072
https://abcnews.go.com/US/nypd-unveils-rainbow-themed-vehicle-ahead-citys-pride/story?id=40072112

Last edited:

The Shadow

SCIENCE FICTION PERFORM DISTINCTIVE
kiwifarms.net
"they cannot see through their current biases to realize that a police vehicle with the American flag is the ultimate American expression,”

I mean, she's not wrong, but she could be a little less overt with her opposition here. I like to think there are more American things than the fucking cops.
WRONG

America is the only country that has ever had or enforced laws, right?

Reactions: Red Sun

omnihitler

kiwifarms.net
The city council voted to keep the new design.

The Ghost of ODB

The worst curse is a lie.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

An attempt was made. It failed spectacularly for the people who hated the decals, but it was an attempt all the same.
The replies to that tweet are exceptional. Blaming Reagan? Calling OC the last conservative county in CA? More like the first solid conservative county to flip blue in ages. Clinton got 51% of the votes in OC, Trump 43.3%. And of the 58 counties in CA? Trump won 25 of them, 15 of them by more than 55%, 5 by more than 60%, and 2 by more than 70%. OC is absolutely not the last conservative county in CA.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino