Disaster 'Queer feminist mermaid' Dem aims for Senate seat of Maine's Susan Collins - Fox

Rumpled Foreskin

Would you pay a dime..to see this?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

A self-described “queer feminist mermaid” is running to unseat U.S. Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, prompted by Collins' vote last year that helped to confirm Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
Bre Kidman, 31, is the first person to throw her name into the 2020 race for Collins’ Senate seat as Democrats, who initially warned of recruiting a strong candidate to run against the incumbent, so far haven't found a credible challenger.
SEN. SUSAN COLLINS ALREADY FACING POST-KAVANAUGH WAVE OF POTENTIAL DEM CHALLENGERS
Collins took a political hit at home for voting to confirm Kavanaugh, seeing her approval rating decline temporarily after the vote. But she has since rebounded and her latest approval rating indicates that more than half of Maine residents support her, according to the Morning Consult.
Yet Kidman, a lawyer who was born female but doesn’t use feminine pronouns and instead prefers “they or their,” claims the senator can be defeated.
“Like all other politicians, whether or not they want to admit it, I’m a human being who has grown and changed over the years,” Kidman told the Sun Journal of Lewiston. “I am funny. I’m weird. I’m serious. I’m happy. I’m sad. I’m a lot of different things.”
“Like all other politicians, whether or not they want to admit it, I’m a human being who has grown and changed over the years. I am funny. I’m weird. I’m serious. I’m happy. I’m sad. I’m a lot of different things.”
— Bre Kidman, U.S. Senate candidate in Maine
“And I want to be in a culture where it’s OK to be a lot of different things and also take part in building what we as a country are.”
But Kidman’s social media posts are likely to be a hindrance for the campaign rather than an advantage. “Criminal defense attorney by day & radical fat queer/performance artist/model/musician/activist most other times,” the candidate’s Facebook reads.
On the website for the Maine Educationalists on Sexual Harmony (MESH), Kidman is labeled as a “queer feminist lawyer, mermaid, writer, activist, and artist,” according to the Washington Free Beacon.

The Senate hopeful told the outlet that mermaid is “an artistic identity, not a serious identity … I'm a playful person, I'm not going to pretend I'm all serious all the time, because I'm not. I'm mermaid-esque in nature.”
SENATE DEMS' SOCIAL MEDIA POLL FINDS MORE USERS WANT SUPREME COURT JUSTICES LIKE KAVANAUGH THAN GINSBURG
The work Kidman provided to MESH included teaching people about consent through a body-positive fashion show, and sex education through burlesque

“I'm not hiding them for a reason,” Kidman added. “All the work I've done has been in the interest of helping people make their life work better, and I don't think that's in contrast with a run for office.”
“I'm not hiding them for a reason. All the work I've done has been in the interest of helping people make their life work better, and I don't think that's in contrast with a run for office.”
— Bre Kidman
Kidman is currently working to raise funds for her campaign, hoping to collect at least a third of $500,000, the sum required to be competitive during the June 2020 Democratic primary. A meeting with the Democratic Party of Maine is also on the books regarding the candidacy.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
During the Kavanaugh saga in the Senate, a liberal group started a fundraiser to bankroll Collins' future opponent. The campaign so far raised nearly $3.8 million and will be awarded to the winner of the Democratic primary.
"I do think I can be competitive in the primary and the general, and party support would make it easier, which is why I decided to join the party system,” Kidman told the Free Beacon. “Maine is in a unique situation because a lot of people donated to a crowd-fund that will go to the Democratic nominee.”
Lukas Mikelionis is a reporter for FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter @LukasMikelionis.

break these cuffs

hit the three wheel motion
kiwifarms.net
Everything you need to know about her from an article a local paper ran a few weeks ago. Communist County will vote for her, and probably York as well, but she has no appeal to even most of the liberals.
https://www.sunjournal.com/2019/04/22/saco-lawyer-bre-kidman-seeks-democratic-backing-to-challenge-susan-collins/
Folks, I may be a real-life cartoon character
Kidman grew up in Rhode Island but spent considerable time with grandparents and other relatives in Maine.
Kidman is not married and doesn’t have any children. But two cats
Collins may suck, but she has a lot of support from your average Mainer. Not really sure how much of that has wavered after Kavanaugh since I don't associate with communists. I'm going to see how the Herald has spun her.

Ruin

Big tiddy Nazi GF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everything you need to know about her from an article a local paper ran a few weeks ago. Communist County will vote for her, and probably York as well, but she has no appeal to even most of the liberals.

I'm going to see how the Herald has spun her.
Naturally this vibrant left wing activist grew up in the two whitest states in the union.

spiritofamermaid

happiest fish in the water
kiwifarms.net
No, what??? Get us mermaids out of your politics, bad enough that the pro-trans group in the UK is called Mermaids, now we have to deal with this???

I will take the time to say that us mermaids disavow this lady. She's not affiliated with us, I swear.

The only time mermaids are relevant to current issues is when it involves the ocean and seafood.

break these cuffs

kiwifarms.net
lol, the local communist rag didn't even bother to write an article and just ran The Sun article. Here are some top comments from a left-wing paper:
It is more than a year before the primary. And that's just for the nomination. There is plenty of time for legitimate candidates to get into the race. Both Democrat and Independent. This person is too young and has no political experience. No sale.
"Kidman aims 'to become the first openly non-binary/queer senator.'"

That's great and all, but what she or any politician should aim to do is represent her constituents and not make this about ego. I'm as much an LGBTQ supporter as the next person, but why make this about her identity. Being elected isn't about touting your identity as an accomplishment. I'm a "cis-gender straight white male," but I don't go ram-rodding that down peoples' throats every day.

In my experience, the queer folks who are most vocal about their unique identities tend to be the most militant and least tolerant of other opinions (especially opinions not in vogue with their own). Those are two things democracy needs less of.
Who will play this woman on SNL?
Chris Farley would have been perfect.
commenting on her self-describing as a mermaid said:
Putting her on the bowsprit of the ship of state might attract the kind of attention some Maine residents are seeking; or sink it.

Furina

Centerfold
kiwifarms.net
lol, the local communist rag didn't even bother to write an article and just ran The Sun article. Here are some top comments from a left-wing paper:
"Too young and has no political experience"
Yeah, that's my biggest concern too...

“Like all other politicians, whether or not they want to admit it, I’m a human being who has grown and changed over the years,” Kidman told the Sun Journal of Lewiston. “I am funny. I’m weird. I’m serious. I’m happy. I’m sad. I’m a lot of different things.”
At statement so mindbogglingly meaningless, I honestly don't know what to say. You're a human... and what? That's why I should vote for you? You're just like everyone else? Ok, I guess... But so is everyone else. Fuck, just trying to think of something clever or funny to say to this most vapid of sentences is... impossible. There's nothing.

Man the harpoons, we're going Merwhale hunting.

break these cuffs

kiwifarms.net
The more I browse this site, the more I believe in slippery slopes.
It's not a fallacy, it's a gameplan.
"Too young and has no political experience"
Yeah, that's my biggest concern too...
Portland, ME is a smaller version of Portland, OR. The fact that you're not seeing overwhelming support for this shit there is the most you can realistically expect.

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

HomeAloneTwo

I was saying 'Boo-Urns'
kiwifarms.net
Yet Kidman, a lawyer who was born female but doesn’t use feminine pronouns and instead prefers “they or their,
So either being a lawyer is a goddamn lie or we might have found the worst, and most easily proded lawyer in all the lawyer land, because what lawyer does ANY of the things seen in this thread?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: FierceBrosnan
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino