Question for infantrymilfags -

Zwiebelkönigin

kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck would you want to face a life threatening situation without your full mental and physical capability
Because it does not matter against a hail of bullets, mines, bombs. You rate me autistic, but watch footage. Men are just mowed down.

Edit: Fuck, I would rate many generals at the time dumb and autistic, but that is not my question.

Last edited:

A Cardboard Box

kiwifarms.net
Because it does not matter against a hail of bullets, mines, bombs. You rate me autistic, but watch footage. Men are just mowed down.

Edit: Fuck, I would rate many generals at the time dumb and autistic, but that is not my question.
Death was far from certain. 14% of the men that went to war died. Also unabashed frontal assaults were only used on the Western front in 1914 and then again in 1918 by the retarded Doughboy Army. By the Spring Offensives of 1915 the tactics we recognize today as stormtrooper and infiltration tactics were being formed.

Zwiebelkönigin

kiwifarms.net
Death was far from certain. 14% of the men that went to war died. Also unabashed frontal assaults were only used on the Western front in 1914 and then again in 1918 by the retarded Doughboy Army. By the Spring Offensives of 1915 the tactics we recognize today as stormtrooper and infiltration tactics were being formed.
I gave a very specific scenario. Please read and reply to that directly.

Also: Why are so many so far defending this shit? Explain. Rate me autist again but I do not think you have explained yourselves fully if it was YOU personally in this situation.

A Cardboard Box

kiwifarms.net
I gave a very specific scenario. Please read and reply to that directly.
No. Your scenario is retarded. The first person that replied was correct. Being sharp of mind and body yields the best chances for survival and operational success.

Edit: because you have a fucking job. Your job is to reach operational success. Statistically over 70% of casualties were caused by artillery bombardment. Mines weren't even invented yet. "Mines" in WWI were dudes literally "mining" under the enemy trench or into no man's land and stuffing the hole with explosives. You're totally disregarding how the war was actually fought. Most of the war was developing storm trooper and infiltration tactics, not making massed assaults on the enemy.

Last edited:

Maskull

dumbpostin
kiwifarms.net
I'd save my rum ration for before going over the top. It'd be one small and final pleasure before drowning in the mud of a foetid shell crater.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Zwiebelkönigin

Zwiebelkönigin

kiwifarms.net
No. Your scenario is retarded. The first person that replied was correct. Being sharp of mind and body yields the best chances for survival and operational success.

Edit: because you have a fucking job. Your job is to reach operational success. Statistically over 70% of casualties were caused by artillery bombardment. Mines weren't even invented yet. "Mines" in WWI were dudes literally "mining" under the enemy trench or into no man's land and stuffing the hole with explosives. You're totally disregarding how the war was actually fought. Most of the war was developing storm trooper and infiltration tactics, not making massed assaults on the enemy.
This is retarded because mines clearly existed. Are you also going to deny tanks and machine guns too?

A Cardboard Box

kiwifarms.net
Have you watched footage? Read the accounts of men in the trenches? It was no fucking joke to them. Their commanding officers knew they were killing them. It did not matter,
I have a history degree in this thing specifically, so yes. Go read "The First World War" by John Keegan. It is objectively the best single volume source of information on the war. Also the soldiers were treated relatively well, especially after the collapse of morale in the winter of 1916 and the French Mutinies of 1917. Most soldiers did not spend most of their time at the front, it was spent in the rear support trenches. Also you keep saying "footage" like that means anything. There is barely any WWI combat footage that exists. If you don't want to read, listen to the WWI series of podcasts on Hardcore History.

Edit: Mines with reliable detonation mechanisms didn't appear until late in the war and earlier mines were a non factor because "touch fuse" artillery would destroy them anyway. Antipersonnel mines played virtually no role in the war, and were not used in any large numbers by either side.

Zwiebelkönigin

kiwifarms.net
I have a history degree in this thing specifically, so yes. Go read "The First World War" by John Keegan. It is objectively the best single volume source of information on the war. Also the soldiers were treated relatively well, especially after the collapse of morale in the winter of 1916 and the French Mutinies of 1917. Most soldiers did not spend most of their time at the front, it was spent in the rear support trenches. Also you keep saying "footage" like that means anything. There is barely any WWI combat footage that exists. If you don't want to read, listen to the WWI series of podcasts on Hardcore History.
Again, you continually respond to a question I never asked.

Edit: BTW, I will not neg rate anyone here because I think it is mostly unproductive here in these threads.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you are visibly intoxicated in the presence of your superiors, you will get pulled off the line and court martialled for dereliction of duty, and then they will tie you to a post and you will be asked if you want to face death with the blindfold or without the blindfold.

A Cardboard Box

kiwifarms.net
If you are visibly intoxicated in the presence of your superiors, you will get pulled off the line and court martialled for dereliction of duty, and then they will tie you to a post and you will be asked if you want to face death with the blindfold or without the blindfold.
Tbh trench justice was really common. Everyone was responsible for their buddy. Drunks were routinely beaten with rifle butts and tied to posts until they sobered up. It's shitty to compromise your teammates' safety because you are too much of a pussy to go over the top with them.

Tags
None