Question for infantrymilfags -

TwinkLover6969

Boys are for pleasure women are for babies
kiwifarms.net
Sober, for I am a god of death.

My bayonet is as hard as my cock as it prepares to penetrate deep inside of men.

• Feels
Reactions: Murmur

Rokko

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Drunk of course. I´ve read Storm of Steel by Ernst Jünger countles times, I recommend you to read it too. Booze was the most important medicine they used to deal with fear!

Reactions: Zwiebelkönigin

Dyn

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Statistically 14% of the men going over the top will die.
Most of what you've said here is completely true, but 14% was all combat troops. If you were unfortunate enough to end up frontlining in a big push your chances wouldn't be anywhere near that good, especially if you're serving under a sociopathic butcher like Haig or Pershing.

A Cardboard Box

kiwifarms.net
Most of what you've said here is completely true, but 14% was all combat troops. If you were unfortunate enough to end up frontlining in a big push your chances wouldn't be anywhere near that good, especially if you're serving under a sociopathic butcher like Haig or Pershing.
Frontline troops cycled out pretty frequently. Virtually everyone participated in at least one major assault. Also what you said is right, you're much better off under the Germans or French. The Americans were very inexperienced and Pershing refused to take the advice of his French and British counterparts. Haig was just supremely callous.

In defense of Haig and Parliament, they saw what having a personable and empathetic general did when French had a mental breakdown and nearly unilaterally withdrew the BEF from combat in 1914. I'm not saying Haig was the best or even a good choice, but he didn't shy away from committing manpower when needed. That was good in 1915 but there is definitely an argument he was too callous later in the war when writing off tens of thousands with the stroke of a pen. This is especially true when you see his track record in overcommitting ANZAC and Canadian troops specifically. "Lmao they aren't from the home island therefore they're my shock troops."

Dyn

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Frontline troops cycled out pretty frequently. Virtually everyone participated in at least one major assault. Also what you said is right, you're much better off under the Germans or French. The Americans were very inexperienced and Pershing refused to take the advice of his French and British counterparts. Haig was just supremely callous.

In defense of Haig and Parliament, they saw what having a personable and empathetic general did when French had a mental breakdown and nearly unilaterally withdrew the BEF from combat in 1914. I'm not saying Haig was the best or even a good choice, but he didn't shy away from committing manpower when needed. That was good in 1915 but there is definitely an argument he was too callous later in the war when writing off tens of thousands with the stroke of a pen. This is especially true when you see his track record in overcommitting ANZAC and Canadian troops specifically. "Lmao they aren't from the home island therefore they're my shock troops."
None of this is wrong (except being better off under the Germans, who couldn't feed their troops and didn't even cycle their frontline) but the point still stands that if you were unlucky enough to get your shoulder tapped by Haig you didn't have anything close to an 86% chance of surviving that particular operation. That's the kind of massive high-casualty assault that OP is specifically asking about, not whether conditions were like that all the time for everyone.

• Agree
Reactions: Zwiebelkönigin

A Cardboard Box

kiwifarms.net
None of this is wrong (except being better off under the Germans, who couldn't feed their troops and didn't even cycle their frontline) but the point still stands that if you were unlucky enough to get your shoulder tapped by Haig you didn't have anything close to an 86% chance of surviving that particular operation. That's the kind of massive high-casualty assault that OP is specifically asking about, not whether conditions were like that all the time for everyone.
The Germans had a lot of different stuff going on. If you were lucky you could be fighting with the Austrians against the Rumanians, but yeah the Western Front was pretty bad for the Germs.

DukeOfNimonia

kiwifarms.net
I want heroin, PCP, and Wagner's Ritt der Walkuern to pump me up.

I'd be dead, of course...but I'd kick so much ass, President Wilson is putting a Medal Of Honor on my casket.

Zwiebelkönigin

kiwifarms.net
To answer my own faggot question, buzzed drunk, in this case. I would still be able to fight, but also more relaxed about death and aggressive to kill the enemy, I would have died, but I rather have died ready. Drunk, yes. Sober, I am not sure. Sober, you are still too wrapped up in the delusion death won't happen to you. Drunk, I know it will, I just do not care. Double edged sword.

I have just watched the footage and read the accounts and it is autistic to think skill would save you on the trench battlefield every time. You were just lucky the vast majority of the time. What skill is involved running into machine gun fire, land mines, air ordinance? Rate me retard all you want, but still no one answered this when it is you when the whistle is blown. Tell me how skill will save you under no cover and full machine gun fire.

Tags
None