Quotes you live by -

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I noticed we don't have a quotes thread!

This isn't like the Cwcki Line of the Day where we copy/paste stuff on the forum. Rather this is a thread where you post a quote that sticks with you and makes you think. So much so it might influence your decisions or even stick in your head for days.

I'll start.

Socrates said:
The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.

garbageraider

Give me asspats, I stole a retard's garbage
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
“Everything you strive for, everything you love, everything that you touch-will succumb to the slow decay of time, until, at last, only memory shall remain. Finally, that memory too shall fade. You are caught in the cycle of existence, strapped into a ride that races forward unstoppably. Your lives are but a moment in the history of the earth beneath your feet, a flash. Your souls shine brightly, burning out quickly, like newspaper burnt in a campfire.”

garbageraider

Give me asspats, I stole a retard's garbage
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
“Faith strikes me as intellectual laziness.”
Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“Money problems can always be solved by a man not frightened by them. ”
Robert A. Heinlein, Have Space Suit—Will Travel
“There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.”
Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
“A desire not to butt into other people's business is at least eighty percent of all human wisdom.”
“I do know that the slickest way to lie is to tell the right amount of truth--then shut up.”
“But goodness alone is never enough. A hard, cold wisdom is required for goodness to accomplish good. Goodness without wisdom always accomplishes evil.”