Quotes you live by -

Sargon's wife's son

kiwifarms.net
"when we win, do not forget that these people want you broke, dead, your kids raped and brainwashed, and they think its funny"

Sam Hyde
It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Emiliano Zapata

Those who live by the sword will die by the sword

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it

History is written by the victors

If I had but one bullet and were faced by both an enemy and a traitor, I would let the traitor have it.
Corneliu Zelea Codreanu

nonvir_1984

Well, that's all, folks
kiwifarms.net
The quotes that I live by tend to be dark, cause that is how I see the world...a lot of beautiful things (and painfully so) but populated by predators who defile the beauty. So:
  • The powerful live as they do; the powerless endure what they must. - Thucydides
  • Life is the gift of the immortal gods, but living well is the gift of philosophy. - Seneca
  • Reason or the rope! - The Cynic dictum
  • The door is always open. - Epictetus [Meaning you can always top yourself]
  • Et in Arcadia ego [And even in Arcadia, I am] - meaning that death will always find you. It is the Christian equivalent of the Muslim "Even in the looming tower, death will find you". For the Muslims, life is a preparation for death, and the afterlife, as it is for Christians. But for atheists, it is a reminder that you all die so you must life an authentic life and it is pointless to be distracted by rubbish.
  • Life is one goddamn thing after another. - Dorothy Parker
  • What fresh hell is this? - Dorothy Parker
  • Hell is other people. Satre.

Reactions: Orion Balls

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
"Why let them order you about? Why let them tell you to hurry and scurry like ants or maggots? Take your time! Saunter a while! Enjoy the sunshine, enjoy the breeze, let life carry you at your own pace! Don't be slaves of time, it's a helluva way to die, slowly, by degrees...down with the Ticktockman!" - Harlan Ellison

"There are books full of great writing that don't have very good stories. Read sometimes for the story... don't be like the book-snobs who won't do that. Read sometimes for the words--the language. Don't be like the play-it-safers who won't do that. But when you find a book that has both a good story and good words, treasure that book." - Stephen King

"Under what circumstances may the State justly place its welfare above that of a citizen?” - Robert Heinlein

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

-Some Algerian
I'm by no means depressed but whenever I do feel I'm doing poorly, I'm considering the fact I've made it further than my parents, and I'm spitting in the face of fate (thanks first world) every inch I move forward. To kill myself at this point would be to give up a race in which I'm ahead.

That said, as much as it pains me, 'treat yourself' holds a lot of weight. Coming from a poor family, I barely wanna pay x1.2 for better milk or butter or a fancy dinner. It's nice to give in to degeneracy and spend money needlessly just to give that day some variety in the week.

Oskar Dirlewanger

i am the black niggers
kiwifarms.net
"The blood of your fathers has turned to water in your veins. Not your lot is it to be strong as they were. Having tasted neither life’s sorrows nor it’s joy, like a sickling you look at life through a glass. Your skin will shrivel, your muscles grow weak, tedium will devour your flesh destroying desire. Thought will congeal in your skull and horror will stare at you from the mirror. Overcome yourself, overcome yourself. I tremble, I seethe, I clench, I seize the haul."
- Yuri Vlasov
"We hasten to embrace that which has been made “respectable” by general acceptance and then wonder why WE SHARE IN THE COMMON DISASTER!"
- Benny Podda​

Inflatable Julay

Bing bing wahoo
kiwifarms.net
"I believe I've passed the age
Of consciousness and righteous rage
I've found that just surviving
Is a noble fight
I once believed in causes too
Had my pointless point of view
And life went on
No matter who was wrong or right"
--William Joel

Just stop being autistic over people who don't care about you and live your life

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
“Unpopular ideas can be silenced, and inconvenient facts kept dark, without the need for any official ban. Anyone who has lived long in a foreign country will know of instances of sensational items of news — things which on their own merits would get the big headlines-being kept right out of the British press, not because the Government intervened but because of a general tacit agreement that ‘it wouldn’t do’ to mention that particular fact. So far as the daily newspapers go, this is easy to understand. The British press is extremely centralised, and most of it is owned by wealthy men who have every motive to be dishonest on certain important topics. But the same kind of veiled censorship also operates in books and periodicals, as well as in plays, films and radio. At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed that all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to say this, that or the other, but it is ‘not done’ to say it, just as in mid-Victorian times it was ‘not done’ to mention trousers in the presence of a lady. Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising effectiveness. A genuinely unfashionable opinion is almost never given a fair hearing, either in the popular press or in the highbrow periodicals.”
― George Orwell, Animal Farm

• Winner
Reactions: Book Thievery

Rob_Mercury

🤡🌏
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
inb4 entry level philosophy ahead

Friedrich Nietzsche said:
Shared joy, not compassion, makes a friend
The best friend will probably get the best wife, because a good marriage is based on a talent for friendship
Sympathetic natures, always helpful in a misfortune, are rarely the same ones who share our joy: when others are happy, they have nothing to do, become superfluous, do not feel in possession of their superiority, and therefore easily show dissatisfaction.
A sure way to provoke people and to put evil thoughts into their heads is to make them wait a long time. This gives rise to immorality.
Just for diversity.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau said:
Since no man has any natural authority over his fellow men, and since force is not the source of right, conventions remain as the basis of all lawful authority among men.