Quotes you live by -

Sigma

Eighteen Inches
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!"

Orion Balls

A well placed trap.
kiwifarms.net
Kurt Vonnegut Jr. said:
THE YEAR WAS 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren't only equal
before God and the law. They were equal every which way. Nobody was smarter
than anybody else. Nobody was better looking than anybody else. Nobody was
stronger or quicker than anybody else. All this equality was due to the
211th, 212th, and 213th Amendments to the Constitution, and to the unceasing
vigilance of agents of the United States Handicapper General.

JustFuckinaDude

"Why can't you act like a regular sociopath?"
kiwifarms.net
"There is no such thing as a saint without a past, or a sinner without a future." (saw on an episode of House:MD)
and
"a strong man doesn't need to read the future; he makes his own." (Metal Gear Solid)

Nothing 400 level philosophy, but I like them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meat Target

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
"[t]hose who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard. ... If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us."

--Justice Robert H. Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
“It is often tragic to see how blatantly a man bungles his own life and the lives of others yet remains totally incapable of seeing how much the whole tragedy originates in himself, and how he continually feeds it and keeps it going. Not consciously, of course — for consciously he is engaged in bewailing and cursing a faithless world that recedes further and further in the distance. Rather, it is an unconscious factor which spins the illusions that veil his world. And what is being spun is a cocoon, which in the end will completely envelop him.”

--Carl Jung

Jaimas

The Spoon Slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From Demolition Man:

Edgar Friendly said:
See, according to Cocteau's plan, I'm the enemy. Cause I like to think. I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice.

I'm the kind if guy who wants to sit in a greasy spoon and think, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol. I want to eat bacon, butter and buckets of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in a non-smoking section. I wanna run through the streets naked, with green Jello all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why?

Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal?

I've seen the future. You know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sittin' around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake singing "I'm an Oscar-Meyer Wiener." You wanna live on top, you gotta live Cocteau's way. What he wants, when he wants, how he wants.

Your other choice: come down here, maybe starve to death.
I don't think Denis Leary was even playing a character at this point, I think he just channeled his angry Irish core.

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
"It is not the job of the artist to give the audience what the audience wants. If the audience knew what they needed, then they wouldn't be the audience. They would be the artists. It is the job of artists to give the audience what they need."

--Alan Moore

alreadyhome

kiwifarms.net
"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!"
I agree with the first three sentences, but how is it "maddest of all" to see life as it is instead of how it should be? Isn't the opposite true? Aren't the most delusional and deranged people the ones who are unable or refuse to see anything other than what they think "should be"?

Sigma

Eighteen Inches
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I agree with the first three sentences, but how is it "maddest of all" to see life as it is instead of how it should be? Isn't the opposite true? Aren't the most delusional and deranged people the ones who are unable or refuse to see anything other than what they think "should be"?
See the full context then