Quotes you live by -

yoshitsune

Genpei cowboy
kiwifarms.net
Life is divided into three terms, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, to live better in the future.

~William Wordsworth

I__quit

Continue? W/E
kiwifarms.net
"With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."
Max Ehrmann's The Desiderata

"So it goes. People aren't suppose to look back. I'm certainly not going to do it anymore."
Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five

Reactions: Fromtheblackdepths

Slimy Time

Muscle Bound Monster
kiwifarms.net
My old man has quite a few over the years that I try to stick to.

-"Put things in proper perspective"
-"Stop worrying. End of the day we all die, only thing you can do at the end of your life is ask yourself: Did I do the best I could? If yes, then you have succeeded"
-"Listen to what is being said, not what you want to hear, engage brain, don't react emotionally, then do/open mouth"
-"Stop caring about what other people think about you. Not even us (parents), your future spouse or your future kids. If you live your life caring and worrying about what others think, you will be miserable. Parents die, spouses die or divorce and kids grow up. The only person you have to live with at the end of the day is yourself."
-"Always do your best, at the end, there is nothing else more than you can do or people can ask for other than your best".

A lot of repetition, I know. Does help me keep a sense of perspective and make sure I always try to do things to my satisfaction. Explains why I'm a nihilistic bastard.

That Stupid Fucking Tree

Slowly falling to the ground.
kiwifarms.net
"The best laid plans of mice and men often go arwy"
--Robert Burns in "To a Mouse"

It helps keep your expectations in the only place they should be, six feet in the dirt.