r/AmITheAsshole / AITA -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
23 large for a beat up, 50 year old bronco.

Who thinks that's a good deal? He could've avoided a lot of grief and just offered a thousand bucks, cash. And even then, that's too much money!
But @breadandcircuses, you don't understand, that car is priceless. Who cares that it's fucking ugly and can barely run and needs tons of repairs and is over 50 years old, OP NEEDS that car!

I love how OP argues that the car is special because of the memories he has of it with his father, but he's actually disrespecting his father's memory by making such an irresponsible purchase and shitting on his wife and daughter. I bet if his dad was alive he'd call him a fucking idiot for wasting so much money- money meant for his family's future- on an ancient car.

I also still can't get over how he didn't even try to negotiate, lmao, just immediately offered 2k over the seller's asking price.

No AITA recap would be complete without the legend of the sub guy. Read and weep as an adult rationalises eating an entire party's worth of food:

Sub Guy is a legend. He's not even a malicious asshole, just an oblivious one who genuinely doesn't understand why eating 4 feet of sandwich is a bad thing.

T0oCoolFool

kiwifarms.net
Oh thank god, finally a thread for this Subreddit. There was a thread on there a few weeks ago that really bothered me: https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/ecu3p4/aita_for_telling_my_friend_she_got_an_std_from/ (https://archive.md/lkTgN)

The gist is that the OP has little sexual experience (absolutely nothing wrong with that), and while at dinner with someone that they considered a close friend, the friend used them as entertainment, repeatedly mocking their sex life in front of a group of (presumably) strangers and ignoring requests to stop. OP got annoyed and defended themself by bringing up their friend's STD, and she freaked out and left the restaurant. The situation sucks but it was a classic case of someone who can dish it out but can't take it. The comments are full of people who are angry at the OP for slut shaming, because no one can fathom that being dogpiled and shamed by a group of people at an outing for a lifestyle that works for them is worse than making a heated comment in self-defense. And in typical Reddit fashion, people are telling the OP that they hope the friend immediately cuts them out of her life for being toxic.
Ehh... I can see why OP is labeled an asshole in this instance. Making fun of someone for not having much of a sex life is rude, but telling everyone your friend has an STD is past being rude and straight into reputation ruining. At least where I'm from, that kind of information would spread quickly and you'll labeled as a shit person even if you aren't. Meanwhile, no one would remember that OP lacks sexual experience. In contrast, everyone will remember that her friend has an STD.

This post seems more like an example of OPs from AITA being socially inept morons. Almost everyone has been dog piled before, especially when there is alcohol involved. You either grow thicker skin and take it in stride, or grow a spine and have a (sober) conversation with your friend if it's really THAT bad.

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bronco Guy was a spectacular asshole. IIRC, he admitted in comments that he owed his widowed mom a shitload of money too which he was not particularly bothering to pay back.

Also, IIRC, the money in the college fund was all a gift to the baby from his in laws, who clearly realised he was a chucklefuck who has no hope of providing for his daughter. So he stole money that wasn't even saved up by him.

Secretly hoping for a "I divorced Bronco Guy AMA" in the future from the wife

ShortBusDriver

kiwifarms.net
23 large for a beat up, 50 year old bronco.

Who thinks that's a good deal? He could've avoided a lot of grief and just offered a thousand bucks, cash. And even then, that's too much money!
Depending on the condition it probably is a good deal.

The 1st gen Broncos are rare, even rusted out shells can fetch $10k - $15k, in restored condition $35k - $40k all day long.

Obviously it's dumb to buy something you can't afford with money you don't have though.

TenMilesWide

It's a communist plot!
kiwifarms.net
I also still can't get over how he didn't even try to negotiate, lmao, just immediately offered 2k over the seller's asking price.
That really is the best part. Imagine being the seller in that scenario, you throw out some bullshit number expecting the guy to haggle it down on account of the condition and all the work that needs done, and he just says "fuck it" and throws another ~10% on top, emptying the kid's college fund and plunging himself into credit card debt in the process.

I'm not sure I'd be able to accept the guy's money with a straight face.

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ITT the plot of a very niche low budget horror plays out, and the OP absolutely Does Not Get It. At all.

ITT possibly the world's densest man bags himself a hot Latina and fucks it all up over Olive Garden. In the update he fucks it up so bad you have to think the whole thread is fanfiction because honest to god, no guy could be this dumb:

kūhaku

The Stranger
kiwifarms.net
Isn't most of the stuff written on this sub completely fake and just made for upvotes? Or am I thinking of another similar sub, there are too many honestly. I doubt most things on reddit are actual true stories.

For example, if you assume most people are in a genuine moral conundrum, then why are the vast majority of posts not the asshole? Look at the past week of posts
NTA.PNG

The absolute best way to use this sub though is to filter by the Asshole tag and look at top rated all time. You can get an excellent laugh at some people that are totally oblivious to how headass they actually are. Or, you can see the classic of reddit being whiteknight faggots.

Not actually sure this subreddit deserves a community watch page, most of it is fake as is most of reddit. There are some better subs to check out for laughs, like The_Donald, TwoXChromosomes, all of the politics subs like Politics or PoliticalHumor, LateStageCapitalism, but AITA? That's a sub that gets mocked even on reddit, could use some originality. I don't really use reddit anymore so I could be entirely wrong but it's not like reddit to change.

Edit: I suppose this thread would more be about the fags in the comments than the posters themselves, since it's funny to see reddit whiteknight for fake stories. My point still stands that this is what every reddit comment section is like though so I doubt AITA is special in that regard.

Last edited:

melty

Proudly sponsored by Mike Bloomberg for president
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ITT possibly the world's densest man bags himself a hot Latina and fucks it all up over Olive Garden. In the update he fucks it up so bad you have to think the whole thread is fanfiction because honest to god, no guy could be this dumb:
This is one of those reddit posts that seems like it could be real, up until they edit it a bunch of times, with the edits raising the stakes and increasing the drama further. When I see that shit I auto write it off as fake. But I'll never really know.

I like this thread idea a lot, personally. I'd like to read all the good AITA posts with better commentary because it's not Reddit.

r/raisedbynarcissists and its sister subs like r/raisedbyborderlines or r/raisedby[INSERT PERSONALITY DISORDER HERE] are extremely hostile shitholes whose userbase is, oh the irony, very likely to be narcissist themselves.
From my experience lurking Plebbit I can tell you that there is a lot of drama surrounding this sub just one google search should provide you enough drama and butthurt to make your mouth drool
I'm aware a lot of people on Reddit vaguely dislike it, but I haven't actually come across real criticism. A lot of mainstream media articles support it, and the place itself is a hugbox but is clearly very weird. Most of the criticism I've seen comes mainly from estranged parent forums, not exactly an unbiased source.

Ningen

The new n-word
kiwifarms.net
I'm aware a lot of people on Reddit vaguely dislike it, but I haven't actually come across real criticism. A lot of mainstream media articles support it, and the place itself is a hugbox but is clearly very weird. Most of the criticism I've seen comes mainly from estranged parent forums, not exactly an unbiased source.
A fair bunch of its userbase are narcissists themselves whose abuse experiences maybe legitimate but are certainly untrustworthy.
I ignore if Narcissism is caused by nature or nurture but I have witnessed dozens of times that plebbitors in drama subreddits or callout subreddits (like r/quityourbullshit) called some r/raisedbynarcissist posters out of their bullshit, in some of these of these situations turns out the parents weren't the evil ones, and the bratty entitled kids tried to paint them as abusive in their hugbox looking for validation and Narcissistic Supply when truth is they are the ones projecting their Personality Disorder.
These antics aren't uncommon for redditors.

glossdrop

You always try so hard
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A fair bunch of its userbase are narcissists themselves whose abuse experiences maybe legitimate but are certainly untrustworthy.
I ignore if Narcissism is caused by nature or nurture but I have witnessed dozens of times that plebbitors in drama subreddits or callout subreddits (like r/quityourbullshit) called some r/raisedbynarcissist posters out of their bullshit, in some of these of these situations turns out the parents weren't the evil ones, and the bratty entitled kids tried to paint them as abusive in their hugbox looking for validation and Narcissistic Supply when truth is they are the ones projecting their Personality Disorder.
These antics aren't uncommon for redditors.
Semper fi to the posters who make r/quityourbullshit a genuinely good sub and keep it from succumbing to r/MurderedByWords syndrome.

Last edited:

Bugs_Galore

Hell is real and we live in it.
kiwifarms.net
Oh good lord. I'm glad this place finally got a thread. If I wasn't mentally deficient when it comes to compiling evidence I would have made one myself, glad to see that somebody actually took the time to put together a thread for this place because it's a fucking goldmine of autism. You could kill a 4-year-old a skullfuck the corpse and every brainlet over on AITA would still tell you that you did nothing wrong and are a morally upstanding citizen.

Useless Idiot

kiwifarms.net
Here's one, a mother has two kids (son and daughter), she is more proud of her son than daughter due to the former having taken better life choices than the latter.

Pretty minor, but I just thought commenters were acting like Mr. Enter spergs
The mom may be kind of an asshole since who knows if she's partially responsible for how her daughter turned out, but the comments on that post are idiotic:

YTA. Your daughter is employed and independent. It doesn’t sound like she’s asking for money or help. She doesn’t sound like drugs are a problem in her life at this time. Many parents can’t say these things.
Reminder: Her daughter is literally a drug abusing stripper whose only boyfriend her entire life is in prison.

Shit, most parents cant say their kids earn as much money per year that strippers do. If I wasn't passionate about the career I'm currently on a path to pursuing, I would 100% be a stripper. No education or vocational training for a job with the income potential of $100,000+ per year, AND you make your own hours? Sign me up!!! As a side, OP, marrying someone pretty is hardly an accomplishment to be proud of.
The average stripper earns $20 an hour according to payscale. So you get groped by potentially dangerous men for about 40K a year (assuming you work full time) and when you're done being a stripper you have no job history and probably have a history of drug and alcohol abuse. There's a reason upper middle class neighborhoods are not filled with former strippers. The "STRIPPERS EARN 100K A YEAR" meme basically only applies to extraordinarily good looking strippers in their 20s.

These people are really bending over backwards to claim that being a drugged out whore is a good thing.

heyilikeyourmom

a lunatic just barking at the moon
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you see a small child wandering off alone with no parents or caretakers in sight, it's your responsibility as a decent human being to intervene.
I dunno, and I base this off my own experiences as a former small child. I would play out front of our house all the time when I was little, and the neighbors never got up in our business about it. In hinsight I’m just glad none of them ever tried to fuck me in the butt.

Tags
None