r/AmITheAsshole / AITA -

HeyItsHarveyMacClout

We also got cake
kiwifarms.net
Can someone make a thread about r/gatekeeping and r/gatesopencomeonin? They are the two most exceptional “”communities”” I’ve ever seen on the internet. Their entire purpose of existence is to say that groups should not have any barrier to entry whatsoever. Don’t try to improve yourself or hold others to higher standards, just accept anyone no matter their accomplishments. This gem is on the front page right now.

8DE83038-8DC0-4F2B-A8B9-C3D4C27DF32F.jpeg

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
kiwifarms.net
Oh God, this subreddit. While most people on here are either just clueless dumbasses, or people making up fanfiction of themselves to seem better than they really are, there are some people like the car dude who are truly the worst.

However, I don't think anyone can top the guy who wanted to give up his two year old son for adoption after realizing that being a single parent is hard, and after he had forced his girlfriend to go through with the pregnancy in the first place. (archive)
1578772536694.png
Needless to say, the comments absolutely destroyed him.
1578771318561.png

1578771408742.png

Unfortunately, some of the comments have that r/childfree, alt-left, disgusting lunacy to them.
1578771904248.png

Anyways, it also wasn't too long before people guessed that this was the same guy who had posted to the r/legaladvice subreddit asking if he could get back at his "dead beat" girlfriend (not a dead beat, she's literally exceeding the amounts of child support ordered by the courts) for not wanting to spend time with him, or their child that he forced her to carry. (archive)

1578772165371.png

1578771003673.png
Naturally, he got wrecked there too for being an incredibly abusive asshole to his ex, and for resenting the child that he forced her to bring into the world.
1578771159089.png

1578771528339.png

1578771470937.png

I feel so bad for the kid, and the mother. Fucking hell...

Last edited:

Agarathium1066

My sense of balance is busted.
kiwifarms.net
I feel like the subreddit should just automatically link you to r/thathappened or perhaps a suicide help line once you finish posting. Whatever tiny kernel of truth might have started the post idea is all lost beneath the author lionizing themselves or baiting controversy.

Can someone make a thread about r/gatekeeping and r/gatesopencomeonin? They are the two most exceptional “”communities”” I’ve ever seen on the internet. Their entire purpose of existence is to say that groups should not have any barrier to entry whatsoever. Don’t try to improve yourself or hold others to higher standards, just accept anyone no matter their accomplishments. This gem is on the front page right now.
If it's not already made there is the Reddit General thread that you could discuss it in though I'd argue AITA is just a sub-genre of the same kind of posts. Shitting on people because how dare they not do the *perfect thing* or not first speak the holy words of genuineness before making a statement.

It's crabs all the way to the bottom of the bucket.

Last edited:

TheGreatCitracett

Head Coach of the LA Nakers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some of my favorites are the indian-giver type people who go on there like "I gave something expensive to someone as a gift, but now I find that person has a belief I find icky, hurty, and problematic! WITBA if I take my gift back?" Which seem to happen at least once a week.

It's always something like college money or a car, and the grave sin of the gift recipient is always something stupid like "believes the sexes are opposite and complementary" or "once suggested maybe orange man not so bad" and it's always hilarious.

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh God, this subreddit. While most people on here are either just clueless dumbasses, or people making up fanfiction of themselves to seem better than they really are, there are some people like the car dude who are truly the worst.

However, I don't think anyone can top the guy who wanted to give up his two year old son for adoption after realizing that being a single parent is hard, and after he had forced his girlfriend to go through with the pregnancy in the first place. (archive)
View attachment 1094051
View attachment 1094052

Unfortunately, some of the comments have that r/childfree, alt-left, disgusting lunacy to them.
View attachment 1094059

Anyways, it also wasn't too long before people guessed that this was the same guy who had posted to the r/legaladvice subreddit asking if he could get back at his "dead beat" girlfriend (not a dead beat, she's literally exceeding the amounts of child support ordered by the courts) for not wanting to spend time with him, or their child that he forced her to carry. (archive)

View attachment 1094062
Naturally, he got wrecked there too for being an incredibly abusive asshole to his ex, and for resenting the child that he forced her to bring into the world.
View attachment 1094049
View attachment 1094054
View attachment 1094053

WTF THAT GUY POSTED ON REDDIT MORE THAN ONCE?‽

I remember The Worst Legal Advice Post Of All Time, but he posted a follow up? Jesus, was this actually a real situation then?

Holy fucknuggets

Pitere pit

Do you like my car?
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1094057
I member one post on gatesareopencoomin which just was some tranny dick sucking on a boomer tier comic.
These subreddits are one of the worst, fuck knowing the bare minimum about something, you are valid and wholesome.
And about AITA, I only feel disdain for them. Most of the stories are fake, the ones who are real are sad because the poster is so autistic that they don't know that screeching at your nephew for touching your vinyl pop is not ok.

Shield Breaker

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1094057
I don’t get what is wrong with the picture posted tho. If some lady wanted to buy my kids old slide so her dog gets exercise, I'd think it's funny too. 🤔

View attachment 1094051
View attachment 1094052

View attachment 1094059

View attachment 1094062
View attachment 1094049
View attachment 1094054
View attachment 1094053

That poor child... 😢

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
the commenters who think being expected to understand social norms is mind reading are the worst. I saw someone argue that expecting women to not wear a white dress to a wedding without explicitly being told was expecting mind reading.

There’s also the people who don’t care about social customs at all and think anyone who does is irrational, who infest reddit.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

RA-5C Vigilante

Alone, Unarmed, Unafraid.
kiwifarms.net
Here's another great "Asshole" post from a showboating, oblivious tool who scared a waitress when he asked for her manager:

View attachment 1094649

The comments point out why that wasn't a good look.

View attachment 1094650View attachment 1094651View attachment 1094652View attachment 1094653View attachment 1094654
Do these fucking exceptional individuals actually interact with the outside world or anything? I've told managers their staff did great, my family has, my grandmother, who was a waitress herself, does it and always tips 20%, and now i'm being told "y-yikes, th-thats totally creepy bud (thanks for the reddit gold kind stranger!)" is the true way to respond when you have excellent service.

I fucking hate Reddit and the self-important, ass patting, pube bearded, soylent slurping mongoloids that consistently use it.

NO I'M NOT FUCKING MAD FUCK YOU

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do these fucking exceptional individuals actually interact with the outside world or anything? I've told managers their staff did great, my family has, my grandmother, who was a waitress herself, does it and always tips 20%, and now i'm being told "y-yikes, th-thats totally creepy bud (thanks for the reddit gold kind stranger!)" is the true way to respond when you have excellent service.

I fucking hate Reddit and the self-important, ass patting, pube bearded, soylent slurping mongoloids that consistently use it.

NO I'M NOT FUCKING MAD FUCK YOU
There's no problem with telling waitstaff they did a great job, or telling their managers that they have a great employee. You should do that. The issue was that this guy didn't actually tell the waitress she wasn't in trouble. There's a big difference between "I want to talk to your manager" and "I want to talk to your manager to tell them what a great job you did." All too often "I want to speak to your manager" means "I want to badmouth and rail on you to your manager."

The waitress even asked OP if anything was wrong, but all he did was cryptically say "I want to talk to your manager" again. He could have easily diffused the situation by saying "Nothing's wrong, I just want to tell them what a great waitress you are." OP is a dick for probably stressing the waitress out.

RA-5C Vigilante

Alone, Unarmed, Unafraid.
kiwifarms.net
There's no problem with telling waitstaff they did a great job, or telling their managers that they have a great employee.. You should do that. The issue was that this guy didn't actually tell the waitress she wasn't in trouble. There's a big difference between "I want to talk to your manager" and "I want to talk to your manager to tell them what a great job you did." All too often "I want to speak to your manager" means "I want to badmouth and rail on you to your manager."

The waitress even asked OP if anything was wrong, but all he did was cryptically say "I want to talk to your manager" again. He could have easily diffused the situation by saying "Nothing's wrong, I just want to tell them what a great waitress you are." OP is a dick for probably stressing the waitress out.
Everyone was in the wrong, commenter and OP, but I think everyone saying he was an asshole are worse. Could you argue that he was being a prick by not telling her he wanted to praise her and make her fear for her job? Yeah. Could he have handled it better, like finding the manager himself, or tipping her a larger sum? Of course.

But he was going out of his way to show his appreciation, and while he handled it wrong, the fact he was trying to do something good, while screwing up in the process, does not make him an asshole to me, and it feels like the people in the thread are just dog piling for righteousness points.

Maybe I am the asshole here.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everyone moralfagging in this thread about dumb OPs are falling in the exact same trap. Every post on that subreddit is fake. I treat it as a creative writing sub that attracts some hilarious comments.

For instance, this entire thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/en90gx/aita_for_cutting_my_nieces_tuition_after_she/ (archive)

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 2.09.42 AM.png

This post is almost certainly 100% fake. If everything appears to line up perfectly, as if it's a Lifetime movie, it's not real. But let's go to the comments.

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 2.10.24 AM.png

"Being an abusive bitch to own the cons!"

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 2.11.33 AM.png

lmao

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 2.21.58 AM.png

You can't even tell if this comment is left wing or right wing out of context.

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 2.14.44 AM.png

Overreaction for 100, Alex.

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 2.17.02 AM.png

What's this, a reasonable opinion? Let's see how that goes over!

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 2.16.07 AM.png

Exactly what you'd expect.

And as usual, the only non-insane responses are much lower:
Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 2.18.45 AM.png

Last edited:
Tags
None