r/AmITheAsshole / AITA -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

PBJ Sucks

I'll take the Triforce of Dinner to protect me
kiwifarms.net
It was a year or something ago and I did not comment, so I wouldn't be able to find it. But there were a few reasons what I saw in this particular thread made me uncomfortable, one being the behavior of the op in the comments. But the problem presented was actually not that, it's just what had been latched on to. It had to do with a conversation with his family where it was brought up, and was he the asshole in his reaction. For what it's worth, every person who judged the actual question agreed that he was overwhelmingly the asshole based on how he described the conversation.

• Informative
Reactions: Yotsubaaa

Papadopoulos

Perc Salesman
kiwifarms.net
If you really want to to see r/amitheasshole shine go into any of those "my daughter wants to go out in pasties and a micro skirt with no panties. am I the asshole if I don't let her posts.

There's always so much screeching about misogyny and toxic masculinity you could hear it from the next galaxy over.

I genuinely can't tell if they're serious social justice fanatics or just pedophiles.
Given the climate, redditor may as well just be another synonym for paedophile.

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you really want to to see r/amitheasshole shine go into any of those "my daughter wants to go out in pasties and a micro skirt with no panties. am I the asshole if I don't let her posts.

There's always so much screeching about misogyny and toxic masculinity you could hear it from the next galaxy over.

I genuinely can't tell if they're serious social justice fanatics or just pedophiles.
OH YEAH, I remember reading one of those. For a sec I thought I was the crazy one.

Yotsubaaa

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I sometimes feel like I have stepped into an alternate dimension there. There was one where most of the commenters were falling all over themselves to explain why there is nothing weird about a man still regularly cuddling his 15 year old daughter.
Found it!
redditaita.png

(https://archive.li/drNJA)
Yikes at that last edit. Assuming this story even happened (I know, 🌈) the OP definitely isn't telling them everything.

Pizza Time

kiwifarms.net
Found it!
View attachment 1095800
(https://archive.li/drNJA)
Yikes at that last edit. Assuming this story even happened (I know, 🌈) the OP definitely isn't telling them everything.
Maybe I'm the weirdo here, but this doesn't strike me as that odd. A girl laying her head on her dad's chest while they're watching a movie doesn't seem that weird to me. If he was pulling his teenage daughter into his lap randomly during the day it'd be another story, but this specific situation just seems normal to me.

Rice Is Ready

Take me to your Feeder.
kiwifarms.net

Dads need to let their sexy daughters wear whatever they want.

Frog Gremlin

kiwifarms.net
Maybe I'm the weirdo here, but this doesn't strike me as that odd. A girl laying her head on her dad's chest while they're watching a movie doesn't seem that weird to me. If he was pulling his teenage daughter into his lap randomly during the day it'd be another story, but this specific situation just seems normal to me.
yeah, this doesn't seem too weird to me, either. it's one of those that I know wouldn't ruffle half as many feathers if it were a mother and son instead.

DarkWeenix

The Autist formerly known as MemeGray
kiwifarms.net
yeah, this doesn't seem too weird to me, either. it's one of those that I know wouldn't ruffle half as many feathers if it were a mother and son instead.
It would go the other way and the commenters would tell her to talk to her son about personal space.

As an aside I couldn't imagine me or my siblings cuddling with our parents and think that kinda closeness is weird.

Pizza Time

kiwifarms.net
It would go the other way and the commenters would tell her to talk to her son about personal space.

As an aside I couldn't imagine me or my siblings cuddling with our parents and think that kinda closeness is weird.
It definitely depends on the family, yeah. I know a lot of family who are very hands off when it comes to showing affection, but others routinely hug and kiss on the cheek or just regularly say "I love you."

Lissamine Green

Spiteful Chicken Eater
kiwifarms.net

His immediate reaction of rage and go fuck yourself is weird. Most people would be humiliated and upset and defensive, but also want to clear the air. He went straight to fuck off which is...ok, hmm. The fact that all three other adults felt uncomfortable with whatever the "cuddling" was makes me think he's maybe not telling Reddit 100% of what they need to know to make a good call. Especially that his wife felt that way, and especially since he seems to think they all got along just fine up to that point.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
His immediate reaction of rage and go fuck yourself is weird. Most people would be humiliated and upset and defensive, but also want to clear the air. He went straight to fuck off which is...ok, hmm. The fact that all three other adults felt uncomfortable with whatever the "cuddling" was makes me think he's maybe not telling Reddit 100% of what they need to know to make a good call. Especially that his wife felt that way, and especially since he seems to think they all got along just fine up to that point.
its not weird at all. anger and rage are the natural reaction to being humiliated and having your honor attacked, and this dude was basically accused of being an incestuous pedophile, which is probably THE most degrading and offensive thing you could possibly say about a father. plenty of men would have instantly broken that father in law's nose right then and there for saying such a thing.

I fucking love this subreddit on the simple grounds that the community has the most emotionally and socially exceptional people I've ever seen. They're just as bad as r/TIFU and r/JusticeServed.

This is my alltime favorite post because it has everything: validation, kids, shit flinging, and dumbdick redditors.

1578887950338.png

Most of the comments are so fucking stupid they should be a crime against humanity.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
I fucking love this subreddit on the simple grounds that the community has the most emotionally and socially exceptional people I've ever seen. They're just as bad as r/TIFU and r/JusticeServed.

This is my alltime favorite post because it has everything: validation, kids, shit flinging, and dumbdick redditors.

View attachment 1096154

Most of the comments are so fucking stupid they should be a crime against humanity.
>she's smart as hell (3 ivy league degrees)
who the fuck gets 3 separate degrees lmao
like, what's the point?

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1096154

Yeah, this story screams fake. The sentence "Don't you think you've eaten enough, you fat pig?" is just too cartoonishly dickish to be real. At best, the events of the scenario presented are grossly exaggerated, and even if they weren't, putting your daughter's future in jeopardy over just an admittedly extremely rude, and uncalled for comment is completely unjustifiable, and way worse than what she did.

Also holy shit, three helpings of mashed potatoes in ten minutes? Fucking hell, the daughter might've been a bitch about it, but she had a point. Save some of the taters for everyone else.

A Cardboard Box

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, this story screams fake. The sentence "Don't you think you've eaten enough, you fat pig?" is just too cartoonishly dickish to be real. At best, the events of the scenario presented are grossly exaggerated, and even if they weren't, putting your daughter's future in jeopardy over just an admittedly extremely rude, and uncalled for comment is completely unjustifiable, and way worse than what she did.

Also holy shit, three helpings of mashed potatoes in ten minutes? Fucking hell, the daughter might've been a bitch about it, but she had a point. Save some of the taters for everyone else.
Don't be rude to daddy's slampig. Daddy loves his thicc slampiggy.

PBJ Sucks

I'll take the Triforce of Dinner to protect me
kiwifarms.net
I am impressed you could find it.

It wasn't specifically this story that was weird but the generally applied concept and how people were discussing... Well... Concerns about pedophilia. They were *angry* that people would be afraid a father might be hiding his abuse under affection. I am not skeeved out by any individual case but by the concept as a whole, it feels like grooming intentional or not.

Anyway, this is off topic. My point is that there are uncomfortable pedophilic undertones and every one of them was so quick to push it aside because 'not all men are perverts'. It made me very uncomfortable and I wondered if I was crazy for agreeing with the wife's family.

Edit to remove a lot of this because I know this isn't for debating this. Sorry.

Last edited:
At first, when I first started going to this subreddit, I'll admit I took it at face value because people do shit like this and you wish it were fake. But after reading it outloud I saw how fake this shit truly was. At first I agreed with the daughter since I thought she was being a straight bitch for a while and this was just the tipping point. Then you start looking at minor details and it's just "really dude?" There are a couple of stories that are this fucking stupid.

1578926225868.png

1578926304321.png

Maybe it's the gratefulness of getting a gift card that's not $10 or the fact that the OP seems to be leaving out some key details of this story but this has me on some serious doubt.

Agarathium1066

My sense of balance is busted.
kiwifarms.net
Found it!
Ahh good! Thanks for finding this.

I don't see anything in their post particularly that seems off. Then again I've also seen people respond with full revulsion because they saw a family member give a kiss on the cheek. Solid chance it's all bullshit or completely made up as is r/AITA's favorite pastime along with making wild guesses at the 'REAAAAAL' story.

Reactions: Yotsubaaa
Tags
None