r/antiwork - Yes, it's exactly what it sounds like.

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

How will society function without jobs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustStopDude

kiwifarms.net
I might be misunderstanding the argument that's presented there: I think the idea is that the smaller scale of serfdom/manorialism due to its more localized nature meant that the Boss Man needed to at least try not to be so much of an asshole because he was literally surrounded by his employees and there was only so much shit they would take. Compare that to now, where everything is abstracted to such high detached levels that you might be shit out of luck along with ten thousand other overworked underpaid people who all throw all their time for pennies on the dollar to enrich a network of assholes in a PMC-guarded hundred million dollar penthouse four thousand miles away.

The removal of accountability is a real issue worth bringing up in modern government and economics in general. That obfuscation is intentional. That doesn't mean it's a return to monke moment, though.
It's Xmas.

I'm too hung over to possibly read all that.

Tepuys

kiwifarms.net
Theyre doing it again.

Im retarded and dont know a way to find the original OPs name but I found one of his comments in this archive.

2021-12-26 05.51.16 web.archive.org 5c928558ff45.png

Really makes you thunk.

El Gato Grande

kiwifarms.net
Theyre doing it again.

Im retarded and dont know a way to find the original OPs name but I found one of his comments in this archive.

View attachment 2829419

Really makes you thunk.

“We stand for the working class! We’re underdog rebels sticking it to the man by avoiding brainwashing by the immense propaganda directed against us by the evil establishment and standing in solidarity with our fellow workers!”

“What? Nooooooooo! People I don’t like can’t get support for approaching what I define as a horrible problem with a different interpretation, that’s for ME! I am your savior, and anyone else is a Nazi secretly planning to do Holocaust 2.0, because uhh . . . the biggest, no, I mean the smartest news companies in the US told me so!

In addition to living in their heads rent free, Bezos and his chad billionaire colleagues don’t have to do anything to defeat these people—they’ll do nothing but bitch online and eventually spend more time attacking each other than organizing against their “enemy”.

Last edited:

TheIrishRover

Happiest Man In Birmingham
kiwifarms.net
Yep and they might work 3 4 hour shifts a week as a bartender at the some trendy nightclub or as a barista

While living a trendy apartment / condo downtown
No, no. Their parents own the trendy club/bar and they get a share of the revenue from it every month to fund their liberal arts degree.

chiobu

爪闩尺丂㠪ㄚ
kiwifarms.net
Theyre doing it again.

View attachment 2829419

Really makes you thunk.

OP's username is slinkdowntheroad

1640602208822.png

I think it's an Australian: https://camas.github.io/reddit-search/#{"author":"slinkdowntheroad","searchFor":1,"resultSize":150}

eternal dog mongler

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In addition to living in their heads rent free, Bezos and his chad billionaire colleagues don’t have to do anything to defeat these people—they’ll do nothing but bitch online and eventually spend more time attacking each other than organizing against their “enemy”.
Whenever three internet leftists get together they'll immediately form a circular firing squad. Shit's been happening since the Obama era.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if companies like Cambridge Analytica were pushing them to do this, since it's so obvious and fucking easy to do.

Nod Flenders

kiwifarms.net
The billionaires have better things to do than care about what some idiots on Reddit have to say.

TheTrumanShow

kiwifarms.net
Yep and they might work 3 4 hour shifts a week as a bartender at the some trendy nightclub or as a barista

While living a trendy apartment / condo downtown

Dont shoot the messenger though.
As everything on Reddit, this is infected with the woke cancer, mixed up with faux-working class ideals.

But there is some merit to it.
I dont know how it is in the US, if thats where youre from but in Europe in more and more countries you have these self-checking shops.
You basically do all the work the cashier does and there are advanced algorithms and surveillance systems to keep you in line. I could talk about how to subvert those but thats for a different thread.

The point here is that as a consumer youre not getting a discount despite saving the corporation tons of money and a lot of entry level jobs are disappearing due to this, increasing the competition for those jobs and allowing the corporation to push its workers harder in the downsizing phase of introducing these systems. The corporation also uses various tactics, technological and managerial to "nudge" (aka manipulate) you in chosing these self-checking lines over those still manned. Mind you this is just one example out of many I could bring up.

Now if these workers were organized, they could fight this. Either the implementation of that stuff or the consequences of it. Sadly even in Europe, most of these places are again, entry level jobs. Teens or Young Adults, actual working class people who need money to pay rent or term fees or what ever. They dont know how to organize and dont have the experience to demand their rights.

Educating them on the fact that they are there in their own interest, that they shouldnt over work themselves and that slowdowns are a legitimate tactic is just positive. In fact in a capitalist society, everyone, including workers, consumers, users, etc should be aware of what is in their interest and that the person/organization on the opposite side has an other interest. And everyone should act out of self interest, that then balances itself out and makes for a pretty decent system.

Its only when idiots dont act in their own self interest that capitalism starts sperging out and sucking for the general majority.

Last edited:

chiobu

爪闩尺丂㠪ㄚ
kiwifarms.net
Another case of review bombing caused by antiwork

1640710130575.png

1640710196022.png

Same person a year ago

1640710232408.png

Maybe he was telling the truth but I doubt reddit appreciates such brigading efforts with the IPO coming.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Another case of review bombing caused by antiwork

View attachment 2835195

View attachment 2835197

Same person a year ago

View attachment 2835199

Maybe he was telling the truth but I doubt reddit appreciates such brigading efforts with the IPO coming.
It's always the Branch Covidians huh?

JustStopDude

kiwifarms.net
Dont shoot the messenger though.
As everything on Reddit, this is infected with the woke cancer, mixed up with faux-working class ideals.

But there is some merit to it.
I dont know how it is in the US, if thats where youre from but in Europe in more and more countries you have these self-checking shops.
You basically do all the work the cashier does and there are advanced algorithms and surveillance systems to keep you in line. I could talk about how to subvert those but thats for a different thread.

The point here is that as a consumer youre not getting a discount despite saving the corporation tons of money and a lot of entry level jobs are disappearing due to this, increasing the competition for those jobs and allowing the corporation to push its workers harder in the downsizing phase of introducing these systems. The corporation also uses various tactics, technological and managerial to "nudge" (aka manipulate) you in chosing these self-checking lines over those still manned. Mind you this is just one example out of many I could bring up.

Now if these workers were organized, they could fight this. Either the implementation of that stuff or the consequences of it. Sadly even in Europe, most of these places are again, entry level jobs. Teens or Young Adults, actual working class people who need money to pay rent or term fees or what ever. They dont know how to organize and dont have the experience to demand their rights.

Educating them on the fact that they are there in their own interest, that they shouldnt over work themselves and that slowdowns are a legitimate tactic is just positive. In fact in a capitalist society, everyone, including workers, consumers, users, etc should be aware of what is in their interest and that the person/organization on the opposite side has an other interest. And everyone should act out of self interest, that then balances itself out and makes for a pretty decent system.

Its only when idiots dont act in their own self interest that capitalism starts sperging out and sucking for the general majority.
You should post this to reddit.

eternal dog mongler

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Corporate media has spent a long fucking time indoctrinating people in the US against unions.

One half of my family was all GM workers and they had insanely good health insurance and pensions. Meanwhile auto unions tend to be blamed for the downfall of US car manufacturing. Who the fuck cares? Not your problem. Get yours.