r/antiwork - Yes, it's exactly what it sounds like.

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

How will society function without jobs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
What are the chances antiwork is at least partially a foreign psyop to demoralize american workers and ruin business? Imagine what a pervasive anti work sentiment could do. You'd have an absolutely ungovernable working class that feels it's entitled to incredible wealth.
That implies it's not more likely to be a domestic op to dampen populism and make workers feel humiliated.

Faggery Daggery Doo

kiwifarms.net
The fact they are all championing the government and big business controlling medical decisions of their workers shows you how insanely anti-worker they are.

None of these fuckers would last in a real union, but it's moot because none of them bother to fucking work.

It appears they ban anyone slightly right of Pol Pot, but I could be wrong as I have only glance at the place.
Do they even know who Pol Pot is? I feel like a lot of the idiots on there are just "Fuck You Daddy" Anarkiddies who are Democrats but with the emotional maturity of an angry gorilla.

Pineapple Fox

For conversations sake
Forum Staff
🌸 Salon Mod 🌸
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Dreamer

Cube Snek
kiwifarms.net
Imagine doing a job teenagers do for pizza money as someone aged 30, but without the excuse of also having to attend school yet.

Truly cadres of the worker revolution.
If he doesn't feel like shit doing it, then what's the issue?
What's more demeaning and shameful, walking doggos or being a dead end wagie in a cagie for a corp, like an absolute tool?

I respect self respect more than some made up societal bullshiet about being a good g0y drone,
(no, nothing is stopping the jannie trannie from quitting r*ddit and finding an actually cool job, but that's besides the point)
Look, if society falls apart because corp was treating people like human garbage then its not the people who are to blame, its the corp, the system. Think of it as poetic justice; they fed us queer propaganda for decades and now it turns out they created a generation that wants to get pegged in a fursuit instead of working, upsies.

Nod Flenders

kiwifarms.net
Doreen Ford age 30, moderator of r/antiwork, quits job to pursue her passion of dogs and run a subreddit. Job positions, they just don't make sense!

Funny how she's making absolutely no money whatsoever being a janny for a terrible subreddit.

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net
Are they saying what they're doing for food and housing money now that they quit their jobs?
That's a question I have too. All I hear is that people are quitting their jobs, usually the reason given is some variant of the work isn't worth the pay.

Who is paying their bills? Are they getting secret stimulus checks that we don't know about?

Lobster Cult High Priest

kiwifarms.net
That's a question I have too. All I hear is that people are quitting their jobs, usually the reason given is some variant of the work isn't worth the pay.

Who is paying their bills? Are they getting secret stimulus checks that we don't know about?
Yes it’s called not having white pride resulting in you feeling nothing about becoming a drain on the system

Margo Martindale

The Trannytale Strangler
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Probably signed up for a tugboat like many lolcows. They probably have no shortness of mental illnesses real or imagined which they can use

AirdropShitposts

pro-pain and pro-pain accessories
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Doreen Ford age 30, moderator of r/antiwork, quits job to pursue her passion of dogs and run a subreddit. Job positions, they just don't make sense!

Over and over again in this article they call it a "thread" and now I'm just too triggered to work ever again.

JustStopDude

kiwifarms.net

These are all the children of upper-middle to upper class parents.

They have all managed to go to college. A lot of people think the biggest road block for the working poor to get into college is the financial cost. It's the time cost.

They are the children of upper middle/upper class parents. Effectively they failed to launch.

They are no different than some methhead loser never leaving their parents' trailer except instead of meth, they spent a fortune on an education they don't use, resulting in a massively over inflated sense of self worth.

These people have been sheltered from the world and their own actions for their entire lives. Hence when they tried to live on their own, they wilted at the first opportunity.

It's not the fault of their helicopter parents or their own inabilities. No it's capitalism. That must be it.

eequalsmc2

kiwifarms.net
These are all the children of upper-middle to upper class parents.

They have all managed to go to college. A lot of people think the biggest road block for the working poor to get into college is the financial cost. It's the time cost.

They are the children of upper middle/upper class parents. Effectively they failed to launch.

They are no different than some methhead loser never leaving their parents' trailer except instead of meth, they spent a fortune on an education they don't use, resulting in a massively over inflated sense of self worth.

These people have been sheltered from the world and their own actions for their entire lives. Hence when they tried to live on their own, they wilted at the first opportunity.

It's not the fault of their helicopter parents or their own inabilities. No it's capitalism. That must be it.
You hit the nail on the head. A former colleague of mine actually posted a lot on r/antiwork recently. They have a Master’s Degree and was unemployed for the past four years. Didn’t help that they went back to school right after undergrad too, so they had little to no connections with prospective employers right after it was finished.

During that time, they also somehow managed to afford rent in one of the most expensive cities in the US and spend a decent amount of money on impulse purchases (e.g. drugs, pets, video games, nice clothes, etc.). I later found out that they received a “allowance” from their parents every month.

They also claim to be a victim of physical and sexual abuse from family and friends, which their entire “manifesto” may be a response to. They certainly weren’t “sheltered” in the example quoted above, but I do think that they are more privileged then they make themselves to be and have a hard time reconciling that reality with their failings.

Trauma will fuck everyone up in some way, but there are certainly healthy methods to deal with it. This is not one of them and it will not be sustainable when their radicalism escalates to toxicity and outright discrimination.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Cube Snek
kiwifarms.net
Look, you can jerk each other off with anecdotes all day if you want.
But if you want something at least reassembling the truth check this out: It really takes just a goddamn minute to google shit you know.

antiwork-survey-where.png

Mostly american, the rest centered around europe, not surprising.

antiwork-survey-age.png

Predominately 25-34, so post college, figures.

antiwork-survey-gender.png

Genderblobs take up a somewhat disproportionate number of users, but please remember that this is reddit.
btw, """female""" trannies outnumber "male" trannies by 250%, i honestly expected 400%+.

antiwork-survey-situation.png

But wait, what is this?
Turns out that most of them actually work or are in training. only 10% arent.
Here we go, mystery solved.

antiwork-survey-situation-gender.png

And also its conformed that vastly more women are unemployed than men, but both are dwarfed by troons.
Troons are also most ashamed by this, as implied by the "prefer not to say" category.

Flaming Insignias

Fodlan's Greatest Noble
kiwifarms.net
Look, you can jerk each other off with anecdotes all day if you want.
But if you want something at least reassembling the truth check this out: It really takes just a goddamn minute to google shit you know.

View attachment 2900976
Mostly american, the rest centered around europe, not surprising.

View attachment 2900978
Predominately 25-34, so post college, figures.

View attachment 2900988
Genderblobs take up a somewhat disproportionate number of users, but please remember that this is reddit.
btw, """female""" trannies outnumber "male" trannies by 250%, i honestly expected 400%+.

View attachment 2900990
But wait, what is this?
Turns out that most of them actually work or are in training. only 10% arent.
Here we go, mystery solved.

View attachment 2900993
And also its conformed that vastly more women are unemployed than men, but both are dwarfed by troons.
Troons are also most ashamed by this, as implied by the "prefer not to say" category.
You know people can lie on these polls, right? And that full-time is a very broad spectrum that can easily, and realistically, mean a minimum wage burger-flipper mad that they have to work a dead-end job instead of being able to "pursue their artistic ambitions." They might as well be unemployed or part-time at that point, because they have the same low-effort mindset you'd expect out of those people.

Dreamer

Cube Snek
kiwifarms.net
You know people can lie on these polls, right?
Sure, margin for this is usually low,and dependant on a lot of hard-to-estimate things.
Interestingly due to social dynamics on the internet this proportion is improving, people want to belong and so they want to see how many others like them there are, thus they dont tend to lie that much.
Also, why would they lie about working in a forum dedicated to not working though? It would look much better for them to be strongly unemployed, showing the world that you can not work too! Stick it to the man!
Wagie = might as well be unemployed
I like how you agree to their core message, VERY cool.
You do realise that for society to function as it does now most people have to work those low end jobs right?

Flaming Insignias

Fodlan's Greatest Noble
kiwifarms.net
I like how you agree to their core message, VERY cool.
You do realise that for society to function as it does now most people have to work those low end jobs right?
That's not what I said. I was talking about the low-effort mindset found in this brand of wage worker, the kind where they do the bare minimum for a paycheck and then get mad that they stay at the bottom. They aren't professionals frustrated with a 9-5 slog, it's often the kind of person mad that their arts degree only got them a job as a Barista rather than becoming some famous artiste.

Also, to claim that most people have to do retail and food service for society to function is cartoonishly wrong. If even 10% of the workforce was in the customer service sector, it would likely be enough.

MT Foxtrot

Dammit, Stormbringer, not this shit AGAIN....
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, to claim that most people have to do retail and food service for society to function is cartoonishly wrong. If even 10% of the workforce was in the customer service sector, it would likely be enough.
I dare you to tell the guy that hauls off your garbage how unnecessary he is.

Flaming Insignias

Fodlan's Greatest Noble
kiwifarms.net
I dare you to tell the guy that hauls off your garbage how unnecessary he is.
For the last time, I was talking about low-skill service jobs like burger-flippers and cashiers. I sincerely doubt that the people that post in antiwork are in skilled jobs like sanitation, construction, or manufacturing, which are actually necessary and who are not respected by the aspiring artisans that make up the anti-work movement.

JavisFNF

The Mad Hat
kiwifarms.net
enby.PNG

Unless they are superb in their field, who wants to employ these freaks? If they aren't useful they are still representative of pawns of the woke.

age.PNG

Why don't they exclude the students instead?
pol.PNG

Again 1st world leftists as expected. Why do they want to be centred around world-altering problem solving? Also there's a sizeable portion of "Anarchist", If they're serious they're seriously insane but if not, it's a label like "emo"