r/childfree - Where child-haters congregate

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Dysnomia

DRUM HUT!
kiwifarms.net
They're massive spastics too. It's no one else's business when/if someone has kids. Stefan Molyneaux has a habit of getting really Autistic about this. Like, he thinks that if the crazy person who shot up YouTube had just had a baby, she wouldn't have been a nutjob.
View attachment 1042022View attachment 1042023
I mean, it probably would have just resulted in a crazy person killing a baby, but whatever.

The only thing the rabid CFers get right is that pressuring a person over such a big and personal decision is a bad thing to do to someone.
I remember her. Did he even see her videos? She was completely nutso. Having kids would have been the absolute worst thing she could do next to shooting up Youtube headquarters.

Internet's Boyfriend

Whoa.
kiwifarms.net

my family won’t buy my shitty self published book!! :'(
What a jackass. And of course they're the kind of retard to make a big deal about reddit gold.

I bet their "realistic perspective" on parenting is a bunch of bullshit about children will ruin your life and marriage and how you'll never have fun ever again.

sperginity

some oozing is expected
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

my family won’t buy my shitty self published book!! :'(
wow there are some good quotes in here

"Important to highlight! Even if my book is shit, it took me 5 years of blood, sweat, and tears. It took them a five-minute fuck to produce another unnecessary human being. "
a child is a 24/7 responsibility until the child is an adult, not to mention the physical burden of pregnancy and childbirth. That is much more effort and responsibility than writing a book.

“Remember how you wouldn't buy my 7.99 book because you’re not into that type of mentality? Well, forget about any future gifts for your creatures, because I will no longer support a type of mentality that I’m not keen on”.
His jaw fucking dropped. As well as my other family members'. Somehow, I'm the mean one.
:story: :story: :story:
lmao they said this at the announcement of the pregnancy , in front of everyone. I hope they submit this post on AITA.

His third child is somehow a bigger achievement than my book. I’m the first one in my whole family to write a book! And out of 40+ family members, only three bought my book.
He gets presents, parties and words of support, and I get N.O.T.H.I.N.G! Not even a fucking review on Amazon.
yeah people do tend to prefer being with their family members, especially cute children, instead of reading a preachy book (which usually only gets read once by any given person). the author should be glad that no one elected to review the book, I bet they all hated it and said nothing instead of something mean. The author is unintentionally a good argument for not procreating since sometimes you can end up spawning an annoying autist like him/her.

seems like these are all people who just never matured past adolescence, the self centeredness keeps them from growing up. "It's so UNFAIR! My book was so hard to write! Why does my cousin get a party and gifts and I get nothing??? " I imagine the author running to their room and slamming the door before crying really loud.

Shield Breaker

^_^
kiwifarms.net

F.Y.I.

None of this is LOLcow stuff, but it offers a rational contrast to the lovely redittors who are willing to set their hair on fire, if a mother and 3 children occupy an adjoining booth in a restaurant.

I actually understand the gripe of the "no kidding" people. When you get into your 3rd, 4th and 5th decade of life, most of your friends have children, so doing something that is stimulating and interesting for adults is out of the question, once children arrive.

For example, long hikes, museum visits, cultural interpretation centers, lunch at an "exotic" or elegant venue, wine-tasting, discussing issues at work over a cup of tea , walking around a botanical garden .... all of that flies out the window when your friend has to attend to the needs of a toddler around the clock, or has to leave an hour after she gets there because she has to pick up the kids from school or soccer or whatever.

Also out the window with anybody who is parent, at any age, is 20 minutes of conversation without their kids or grandkids being injected into the conversation. And then if another breeder is with you, forget about discussing anything except for what their kids and grandkids (who you have never met) are doing (and it is completely out of your orbit.) So your interest in baseball memorabilia gets hijacked into a rant about grandson's terrible T-ball coach, with the other soccer mom nodding intently. You live in California, grandson lives in Alabama.

The other thing, is that people with children have a lot of support, and instant common ground, because most people have children. And you meet up and do stuff for the kids, while they are young.

The other thing, is that a majority of child-free people don't hate children and are emotionally mature adults with sound minds. They made a lifestyle choice and seek like-minded people.

I absolutely understand how these no-kidding people feel. Can't join myself. Got two units or child, at home ....
Are we going to have the infected status soon?

Non-Expert!

Feel free to misgender me.
kiwifarms.net
Are we going to have the infected status soon?
What do you mean by that?

Hating children is ageism. Just like hating the elderly. If it not socially acceptable to rant about how elderly people are draining the pension system and taking up the best parking spots, it also should not be acceptable to whine about how children leave crumbs under bus seats and cry when they are upset.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
kiwifarms.net

Hating children is ageism. Just like hating the elderly. If it not socially acceptable to rant about how elderly people are draining the pension system and taking up the best parking spots, it also should not be acceptable to whine about how children leave crumbs under bus seats and cry when they are upset.
You're like the female version of Corbin Dallas Multipass only with less autistic ramblings about politics, and more autistic ramblings about everything else.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net

She meant that this is going to become a thread for childfree people to angrily talk about being childfree if you keep posting stuff about how you’re mad your friends don’t want to go hiking with you anymore.

Non-Expert!

kiwifarms.net
She meant that this is going to become a thread for childfree people to angrily talk about being childfree if you keep posting stuff about how you’re mad your friends don’t want to go hiking with you anymore.
Oh. Not at all. I have children myself. I am saying that I understand how irritating it is, for people who don't have kids, to have their social circle narrow.

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If only I knew what the heck you were talking about but it is all good. It is probably because I am the essence of evil.
lurk moar.

What a jackass. And of course they're the kind of retard to make a big deal about reddit gold.

I bet their "realistic perspective" on parenting is a bunch of bullshit about children will ruin your life and marriage and how you'll never have fun ever again.
It's probably a bad rip-off of We Need To Talk About Kevin

Non-Expert!

kiwifarms.net
It sounded like you were upset about not being able to hang out with just your friends. If so, that is why God gave us babysitters.
No big. l don't do that stuff. I'd feel bad about ditching the littles.

Child haters are really a league of their own.

Last edited:

Liber Pater

kiwifarms.net
I could maybe understand developing an overly-bitter attitude towards child-rearing if you're a Third-Worlder watching your neighbors' daughters get pulled out of school at 15 to marry a subsistence farmer and pop out 7 future cholera fatalities that they can't afford anyway. But being an anti-natalist in the West has always been somewhat funny to me. They're already getting what they want. Native birth rates have fallen below replacement level with no signs of going back up. OK, you won. Your peers aren't having kids anymore. How much more do you want?
It's very bizarre seeing people acting like some sort of ignored prophet shouting into the void when so many of their ideas are just angrier versions of mainstream views. It's like "activists" calling themselves revolutionaries for aggressively promoting things that are already the status quo, or people who identfiy as "outsider" or "punk" because they buy branded products/shop at chain stores/follow trends that are marketed as such.

Non-Expert!

kiwifarms.net
I could maybe understand developing an overly-bitter attitude towards child-rearing if you're a Third-Worlder watching your neighbors' daughters get pulled out of school at 15 to marry a subsistence farmer and pop out 7 future cholera fatalities that they can't afford anyway. But being an anti-natalist in the West has always been somewhat funny to me. They're already getting what they want. Native birth rates have fallen below replacement level with no signs of going back up. OK, you won. Your peers aren't having kids anymore. How much more do you want?
It's very bizarre seeing people acting like some sort of ignored prophet shouting into the void when so many of their ideas are just angrier versions of mainstream views. It's like "activists" calling themselves revolutionaries for aggressively promoting things that are already the status quo, or people who identfiy as "outsider" or "punk" because they buy branded products/shop at chain stores/follow trends that are marketed as such.
I understand that population explosion is an ecological disaster and a massive disease vector. Especially if people are having children, by the clutch, who they can not provide for.

But hating children is unnatural. It is self-sabotage. Anti-natalism in its extreme form is destructive.

A replacement-level number of healthy and well-nurtured children transmit our genes, knowledge, skillls, memories, identity and culture to the next generation. In general. The kid who spilled juice on your lap will grow up to be a parent himself and a contributing member of your society, if the circle of life takes its natural course.

The problem with anti-natalism, is that if the birth rate dips too much the society becomes an inverse pyramid, top heavy with elderly, and at the tip, on the bottom, the babies who will shoulder the economic burden. Or the existing culture simply gets replaced by another one, who occupies the space of local stock.

Last edited:

The Dude

Bro, don't even bro, bro.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As a filthy Breeder, I'd hate to think how miserable my life would be without my sons. I love them more than words can say. I do my best to be a good parent and keep my kids in line when in public. If one of them is acting up, I try to correct it. If we are out to dinner and Baby Dude starts trying to escape from the table, I'll finish up my meal and take Baby Dude for a walk away from the other diners so he doesn't disturb anyone. For the most part, my boys are pretty well behaved (although Baby Dude is in the middle of a fairly trying case of the Terrible Twos).

I was also adopted at birth. My adoptive parents have always felt like my parents. I had the good fortune of connecting with my biological parents last year and it's been really amazing building a relationship with them and getting to know them. They actually ended up getting married after they had me, but they never had any more children. They knew they couldn't give me the life they wanted me to have, and they loved me enough to know they weren't right for me. So their sacrifice allowed me to be raised by loving parents who were unable to have children of their own. Now it just feels like I have a much larger family.

I get that raising children isn't for everyone. Some people just aren't cut out for it. But this hate that some of these childfree assholes have for kids is just disgusting. The long, hateful screeds they write are despicable. I mean, just replace kids/children/spawn/crotch droppings with something like nigger/spic/kike/faggot/dyke/cripple/anything else. It's the same kind of irrational, unacceptable hate as racism. And the really loathsome thing about them is their smug, sanctimonious sense of superiority over parents. Not having kids doesn't make you better than people who do have kids.

Their attitudes some squarely from a deep sense of entitlement and selfishness. You read their posts and it's all about them. All about their freedom. All about the things they can buy. "I get to sleep in, travel, and engage in all kinds of debauchery because I don't have kids! I'm so special, and all the breeders are secretly envious of my free lifestyle." While every parent has moments where they feel trapped by parenthood and long to have time away from the kids to be free to do whatever they want, no loving parent would trade their children to have the freedom to travel, get high, or buy a $6000 Batman bust. But they're not secretly envious of "childfree" people.

Don't want kids? Fine. Don't like kids? No problem. Just don't act like a spoiled child yourself because you sometimes have to be around kids. Don't be a dick towards parents, and definitely don't fucking hurt kids because you don't like them. Act like the fucking adult you're supposed to be and just deal until the kid isn't around you anymore. And don't act like you're somehow superior to parents because you chose not to have kids. You're not better than anyone because you chose a different path in life.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
I understand that population explosion is an ecological disaster and a massive disease vector. Especially if people are having children, by the clutch, who they can not provide for.

But hating children is unnatural. It is self-sabotage. Anti-natalism in its extreme form is destructive.

A replacement-level number of healthy and well-nurtured children transmit our genes, knowledge, skillls, memories, identity and culture to the next generation. In general. The kid who spilled juice on your lap will grow up to be a parent himself and a contributing member of your society, if the circle of life takes its natural course.

The problem with anti-natalism, is that if the birth rate dips too much the society becomes an inverse pyramid, top heavy with elderly, and at the tip, on the bottom, the babies who will shoulder the economic burden. Or the existing culture simply gets replaced by another one, who occupies the space of local stock.
anti-natalism is a middle class phenomenon. rich people have kids because they know they don’t have to do any of the raising themselves if they don’t want to, and poor people have kids because why not, at least they can have something meaningful in their lives. when people say ‘whites aren’t having kids’ that’s not true! whites in appalachia (and places like it) are.

the issue also is with downward mobility. there’s a lot of 20/30 somethings these days who grew up in big homes with frequent vacations who will not be able to provide that standard of living for their kids. and they say: young people can’t afford to have kids and that’s why they don’t. but it’s not true. young people barely clinging on to middle class can’t have kids and stay middle class. poor people have kids all the time and stay poor (they’re also much more likely to only have one income, because there’s a huge gap between marriage rates of the college educated and everyone else).

Tags
reddit