r/childfree - Where child-haters congregate

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The majority of children on this planet are not Veruca Salt. I have siblings - we never got into fights over Christmas toys because we weren’t cloned at some generic child factory. We liked different things and even if a sibling got something slightly cool, we’d share with each other. Kids are capable of being chill about shit.

Do they get these impressions of kids on those Jimmy Kimmel “I gave my kid a potato for Christmas” segments? Or the way they themselves acted during Christmas?

My brother and me used to share our toys, and our Christmas toys. Shocker, I know. Also, did these people ever experience good Christmases as children, because sheesh.

MT Foxtrot

Who is man enough to face The Funhouse?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like my free time. I like what disposable income I have. I like my quiet home. I like not having another life on my hands. I work around kids enough in my daily life and don't want them in my house too.

Annnnnd, I'll admit it, I don't like kids (though strangely, they like me quite a bit. Wife says it's because I dont' talk down to them.)

This is a lifestyle choice though. Not an identity.

Plus, who in the blue fuck gets petty envy over a woman who had a miscarriage?! Geezus.

Amber the Hedgehog

kiwifarms.net
My brother and me used to share our toys, and our Christmas toys. Shocker, I know. Also, did these people ever experience good Christmases as children, because sheesh.
Also can so much if you have kids going trough a phase or just generally disposed towards being jealous. Have kids take a part getting, wrappings gifts and literally giving the gift to person. This way they don't feel that gift to someone else is away from me because they still get some positive attention and learn to think how I can make others happy and find joy in that. Encourage them to treat opening a gift as puzzle there you avoid tearing the wrapping paper. This way each gift gets little more exacting because you need to think and be careful, you get guess what's inside while trying wiggle it out and you don't just mindlessly move to next gift for fun tearing it out.

Lunete

Plantation Barbie
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2822555

Imagine feeling proud about yourself over these kind of responses.

View attachment 2822558

The majority of children on this planet are not Veruca Salt. I have siblings - we never got into fights over Christmas toys because we weren’t cloned at some generic child factory. We liked different things and even if a sibling got something slightly cool, we’d share with each other. Kids are capable of being chill about shit.

Do they get these impressions of kids on those Jimmy Kimmel “I gave my kid a potato for Christmas” segments? Or the way they themselves acted during Christmas?
I'm going with the second one. I'm willing to bet these people were the ungrateful children who constantly broke their toys and threw jealous tantrums. Either that or this person was an only child who has no idea how siblings actually behave.
Also growing up if I ever got a "mountain" of gifts it was because my parents signed me up for a charity program and over half the gifts I got were winter clothes.
Also, I hate to break it to this person, but animals can still fight over toys.

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
IMG_20211228_151513.jpg

UnsufficentBoobage

Atleast things I wanna fuck are 3D
kiwifarms.net
On the one hand, it's good that these people are getting their poisoned DNA out of the gene pool
This shit is becoming nirmalised, tho.
Can not even count how much cases of "woman implying mothers are retards and OF COURSE there are none in her circle" and its sister "woman saying she lost 100% of friends after having a kid because they assumed she turns into a dumb cow for 18 years" I see. Even tho I barely read normal sites.
Obviously, good people sucked into this are a total loss fir humanity.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
This shit is becoming nirmalised, tho.
Can not even count how much cases of "woman implying mothers are retards and OF COURSE there are none in her circle" and its sister "woman saying she lost 100% of friends after having a kid because they assumed she turns into a dumb cow for 18 years" I see. Even tho I barely read normal sites.
Obviously, good people sucked into this are a total loss fir humanity.
I think the best thing you can do as a man to counteract this is help your wife bond with strong maternal figures they can go to for friendship and advice outside their family. Aunts, older or similarly-aged friends and coworkers who have kids, that sort of thing. I've seen it work for people in helping them get more confident with their decision to start a family, because they have someone to get advice from and commiserate with.

Even if society is explicitly anti-social, you can engage in pro-social ways with other people to stop it from hurting the people in your life. The more people who do that the better it will get over time.

UnsufficentBoobage

Atleast things I wanna fuck are 3D
kiwifarms.net
I think the best thing you can do as a man
The worst is I am a childless chick of fat-and-lightly-countertultural look, so people assume I AM childfree, and there are almost no opportunities to discuss that sort of thing.
To add insult to injury, almost 100% of my female friends are gay, and so I can not even talk to them about this.

Neil

THE CLEANSE HAS BEGUN
kiwifarms.net
Hot take alert.

If only there were less “nobodies” and more close friends of Jeffrey Epstein out there having kids.
This is fucking insane. Reproduction is basically the goal of all living beings at an evolutionary level.

"To continue my bloodline"? That's narcissistic to this person?

No one should tell these people that their cells duplicate and have children of their own that go on to have children of their own and so on. That's just their bodies being narcissistic.

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
Hot take alert.

If only there were less “nobodies” and more close friends of Jeffrey Epstein out there having kids.
To their credit, the middle one is definitely narcissistic. The first is not inherently bad, and the last one is sadly a result of society's view of the elderly.

However, to say that giving birth to children is an act of narcissism (which just means evil at this point)? Well geez! It seems these "cool wine moms" have joined a misanthropic cult without knowing. They're even using made up slurs like "breeders" to describe others who have children in a dehumanizing fashion. A very cult thing to do.

It's reasonable to wish that some parents should never have children. It is another to wish that no one should have children. That's were the coo coo clock thinking happens!

Friendly Primarina

50% more friendly than the average Primarina
kiwifarms.net
Hot take alert.

"These people are narcissists"
"Useless people shouldn't continue their bloodlines"

Holy shit the projection is off the charts.

Accept Only Substitutes

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I agree that having children is self-serving. It's something most of us want to do and probably not something we can come up with a good reason why we do. But why is that automatically a bad thing? There's this idea that being selfish is always bad. I don't think it is.

While I don't think having a child so there's another you running around is a good thing, I'd be surprised if in most cases of people saying that if that was the real reason. I think that because the idea of having children is largely biological that the reasons people give for having them are largely rationalizations of something irrational (not as in abnormal but as in something outside of our control) and thus not easily articulated.

Just like some childfree people's reasons for deciding not to have children. The ones who decide not to have them and persist in not having children ever anyway, not the trenders - which most of the community members are; young and angry and when they hit thirty or thirty-five they will change their minds. The biological clock is real.

I was once briefly a member of the original childfree on LiveJournal. I see the toxic rhetoric hasn't changed a bit, just the screen names. I didn't really expect it to, human nature doesn’t change really. I'm definitely in favor of these people not breeding (Also medication and anger management wouldn't be out of line)

Fialovy

isekai'd to CWCville
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One thing that I always find strange are childfree housewives specifically those without any kind of disability that prevents them from working or anything like that. I understand if you are a stay at home mom with kids since a lot of times daycare is expensive and sometimes it makes more sense for them to stay home and raising kids is a full time job, but choosing to be a childfree housewife? I mean, I guess you cook and clean, but does that really take up that much of your day? Also, I do wonder how their husbands feel about this and whether this was a joint decision or if they resent them staying home. Also, many people cannot even afford one person to stay home. Also, what if their husband for whatever reason leaves them whether divorce or death or can't work for whatever reason? Being out of the workforce for long is pretty suspicious to employers, especially if you don't have the excuse of raising kids which tends to be one of the more acceptable reasons for a gap.

I also wonder how they would feel if their husbands wanted to be househusbands without kids instead and how that would go.

Retired Junta Member

Currently riding the short bus to a Russian camp
kiwifarms.net
“Mistreated” probably told they can’t watch tv until they finished their homework and they had to eat their veggies if they wanted dessert.

Idk, emotional trauma can destroy your desire for parenthood, but why on earth would you phrase it like that in front of a stranger?

Matt Damon

kiwifarms.net
Milions and milions of years of reproducing and fighting for survival all thrown away by one spoiled, washed up loser.
"Because everybody else did it" seems like a poor rationale for bringing another human being into existence.

Call me crazy, but that kind of act strikes me as a pretty big deal and worthy of at least a little introspection before committing to.

ParaBeagle

pro se in forma pauperis
kiwifarms.net
"Because everybody else did it" seems like a poor rationale for bringing another human being into existence.

Call me crazy, but that kind of act strikes me as a pretty big deal and worthy of at least a little introspection before committing to.
Not so much "because everybody else did it" but more denying something intrinsically human.

Im not saying you should have children. Im saying i dont understand the mindset of not wanting children "indefinetly".