r/childfree - Where child-haters congregate

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Chuck McGill

kiwifarms.net
I can sympathize with a lot of their talking points. Boomers don't realize what an unholy mess they've left things, and I can't blame anyone for wanting to forego children with the world being in the state its in. I'll be fucked if I'm going to send my partner to work a wagie job just to pay other wagies to watch my children while we're both working. And this is to say nothing of the absolutely horrific state of public schools. I'm relatively unencumbered and still anxious about clown world, I can't imagine what I'd be feeling if I had to worry about sending my kids to school in a full face shield and mask so psychopaths with tenure and a God complex can brainwash and groom them.

But on the other hand a lot of their complaints stem from what other people say about their choices. I don't believe as many people are harassing them to have kids as they claim, but if it is true just tell them nothing, tell them to piss off or just fucking lie if the first two aren't possible. You do not owe your workmates, your friends, the wagie checking you out at the grocery store or whoever your life story. Your choices are your own and if you really were so resolute and confident in them, you probably wouldn't need validation from fucking reddit of all places.

Matt Damon

kiwifarms.net
I can sympathize with a lot of their talking points. Boomers don't realize what an unholy mess they've left things, and I can't blame anyone for wanting to forego children with the world being in the state its in. I'll be fucked if I'm going to send my partner to work a wagie job just to pay other wagies to watch my children while we're both working. And this is to say nothing of the absolutely horrific state of public schools. I'm relatively unencumbered and still anxious about clown world, I can't imagine what I'd be feeling if I had to worry about sending my kids to school in a full face shield and mask so psychopaths with tenure and a God complex can brainwash and groom them.
Other people claim all these high-minded selfless principles and sociological factors for not procreating while my entire rationale consists of "man, that shit sounds like way too much fucking work".

Phil Kessel

kiwifarms.net
Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 19.43.01.png

Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 19.43.19.png

The fact that people this selfish have any friends to begin with is mind-blowing to me.

Accept Only Substitutes

kiwifarms.net
The rationale is that they mostly likely suffered some source of abuse
When I hung out in LiveJournal's childfree a lot of posters there were victims of child abuse. Not having children is a fool-proof way of stopping the cycle. The ones who weren't victims often had genetic medical conditions they didn't want to risk passing on or know they would not be capable of being good parents.

Also a good reason to not have children, I can't count how many mentally ill friends I've had over the years who have had children knowing that their illness could be passed on or just not being stable enough to be there for their children consistently.

The rest just seemed to hate children, so they definitely shouldn't have children bc that's how you make child abusers. Children should be wanted.

I feel that a lot of the first two types of people would leave the group before too long, because often they liked kids or sort of wanted them, just realized it was a bad idea for them to have them, and the third group was always the loudest and the most toxic of the three. I admit to basing that theory on my experience, I left because I was becoming radicalized and starting to hate, and I was already angry enough.

Ethereal Eye

The one and only PSYCHOPATHku.
kiwifarms.net
Its perfectly fine to be childfree, or decide to not have children. That is a personal choice. This animosity and treating children like parasites, however, is where I draw the line. Some children will never forget specific types of treatment, especially if someone in their family who shouldn't be affected by them in anyway, shape, or form, calls them a "parasite" or "crotch goblin". Imagine growing up with those words echoing in your head, that shit is fucked up. Childfree people could pursue a path of self betterment and pursuing goals instead of bitching on the internet all day, and corrupting children emotionally with their horrific thinking. Nikola Tesla was childfree and never married, yet he used all of his sparetime to contribute to science that has had a lasting effect on our world. Its a shame how these people think.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One thing that I always find strange are childfree housewives specifically those without any kind of disability that prevents them from working or anything like that. I understand if you are a stay at home mom with kids since a lot of times daycare is expensive and sometimes it makes more sense for them to stay home and raising kids is a full time job, but choosing to be a childfree housewife? I mean, I guess you cook and clean, but does that really take up that much of your day? Also, I do wonder how their husbands feel about this and whether this was a joint decision or if they resent them staying home. Also, many people cannot even afford one person to stay home. Also, what if their husband for whatever reason leaves them whether divorce or death or can't work for whatever reason? Being out of the workforce for long is pretty suspicious to employers, especially if you don't have the excuse of raising kids which tends to be one of the more acceptable reasons for a gap.

I also wonder how they would feel if their husbands wanted to be househusbands without kids instead and how that would go.
There's a deep irony to them talking about empowerment while relying on traditional gender dynamics to pressure their husbands into abusive situations.

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I hung out in LiveJournal's childfree a lot of posters there were victims of child abuse. Not having children is a fool-proof way of stopping the cycle. The ones who weren't victims often had genetic medical conditions they didn't want to risk passing on or know they would not be capable of being good parents.

Also a good reason to not have children, I can't count how many mentally ill friends I've had over the years who have had children knowing that their illness could be passed on or just not being stable enough to be there for their children consistently.

The rest just seemed to hate children, so they definitely shouldn't have children bc that's how you make child abusers. Children should be wanted.

I feel that a lot of the first two types of people would leave the group before too long, because often they liked kids or sort of wanted them, just realized it was a bad idea for them to have them, and the third group was always the loudest and the most toxic of the three. I admit to basing that theory on my experience, I left because I was becoming radicalized and starting to hate, and I was already angry enough.
My childhood babysitter was a victim of child abuse. (Her mother burned her face with an iron.) When she had a baby of her own, she put it up for adoption because she realized she was repeating the abuse to her child and she stayed childfree.

Fialovy

isekai'd to Cha'alt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From my experience, the people who don't have kids due to abuse, disabilities, genetic conditions, or other circumstances beyond their control are generally pretty chill. Though in the case of them, they would generally find more support in the abuse survivor groups or disability support groups than childfree and that seems to be where they end up congregating once they realize how toxic some of the childfree communities are.

Also, if you are legit disabled, it is really hard to relate to nondisabled childfree people who are perfectly capable of parenting if they want to, but choose not to. The whole stereotypical childfree lifestyle of having a lot of money, traveling everywhere, etc. often isn't reality, especially if you have difficulty maintaining a job and have to rely on the tugboat, plus stuff like travelling and other luxuries might not always be accessible to you either. Often times you are barely scraping by day by day being able to take care of yourself. Life is still going to be hard for them regardless.

Accept Only Substitutes

kiwifarms.net
My childhood babysitter was a victim of child abuse. (Her mother burned her face with an iron.) When she had a baby of her own, she put it up for adoption because she realized she was repeating the abuse to her child and she stayed childfree.
That must have broken her heart. I can't imagine going through pregnancy and childbirth just to realize my child would be better off without me. What an intelligent and strong woman she is. Semper fi to her, for real.

Dolphin Lundgren

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That must have broken her heart. I can't imagine going through pregnancy and childbirth just to realize my child would be better off without me. What an intelligent and strong woman she is. Semper fi to her, for real.
My mom always swore she was nice. So it's proof that people who don't have children for those reasons are nicer. I too can relate, as I didn't want to pass down something inherited. I've encountered the opposite, and while they were nice sometimes, looking back on it, the dislike for children was odd.

thegooddoctor

kiwifarms.net
I can’t also believe that there are also guys here who won’t have kids because of superficial things like being grossed out by body functions, and having to clean up their kids pee, sick and poop. Like of course you will have to do that if you have kids, there friggin babies, it comes with the job. It’s kind of grody at first but we all do it, the fact that they’re unwilling to sacrifice their comfort to just endure some unpleasant smells and be good parents is just pathetic. Grow a pair pussies lol.

Dolphin Lundgren

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can’t also believe that there are also guys here who won’t have kids because of superficial things like being grossed out by body functions, and having to clean up their kids pee, sick and poop. Like of course you will have to do that if you have kids, there friggin babies, it comes with the job. It’s kind of grody at first but we all do it, the fact that they’re unwilling to sacrifice their comfort to just endure some unpleasant smells and be good parents is just pathetic. Grow a pair pussies lol.

Exactly. I'd hate to be the parent of these people. You know they'd have the same attitude if they're caring for an ailing and aging parent.

thegooddoctor

kiwifarms.net
Exactly. I'd hate to be the parent of these people. You know they'd have the same attitude if they're caring for an ailing and aging parent.
Yeah exactly, I mean I’m not even a parent and I’ve never had an issue with it, when I was babysitting cousins changing poop diapers was frequent even with toddlers and it wasn’t that bad. It’s only bad when the kid has a blowout and doesn’t happen too often with older kids, and can easily be avoided by making sure you have enough diapers and wipes at any time.

Accept Only Substitutes

kiwifarms.net
Like, if piss and shit bothers you so much, just wear gloves, it isn't hard. I also seriously doubt these people that complain about that stuff have jobs caring for seniors or adults with special needs.
I'm a wuss, so I wear gloves when I clean my cat boxes (and then wash my hands (I may also have OCD)). Gloves are cheap.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
Like, if piss and shit bothers you so much, just wear gloves, it isn't hard. I also seriously doubt these people that complain about that stuff have jobs caring for seniors or adults with special needs.
I think he meant caring for your own infirm parents in their old age. That sort of thing is pretty traditional in most cultures and the advent of nursing homes and retirement communities is a relatively modern trend.

Dolphin Lundgren

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah exactly, I mean I’m not even a parent and I’ve never had an issue with it, when I was babysitting cousins changing poop diapers was frequent even with toddlers and it wasn’t that bad. It’s only bad when the kid has a blowout and doesn’t happen too often with older kids, and can easily be avoided by making sure you have enough diapers and wipes at any time.

I've always heard, "when it's your child, it doesn't matter." My mom told me that all the time. So did other mothers. That's what these people can't comprehend or make themselves realize or do. Love someone else. That's their problem.

thegooddoctor

kiwifarms.net
I've always heard, "when it's your child, it doesn't matter." My mom told me that all the time. So did other mothers. That's what these people can't comprehend or make themselves realize or do. Love someone else. That's their problem.
Exactly, no concept of self-sacrifice at all, They’d rather let their kids stink up the place and get rashes then sacrifice some pleasure to be good parents and look after their kid, pettiness knows no bounds: