r/dogfree and r/ifuckinghatecats - People who are REALLY passionate about how much they hate animals

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
Okay, so that comment about no natural predators is 100% pure bullshit. Where I live, you have to be careful about letting your animals out at night because a coyote might actually catch it and eat it. They even eat medium to large sized dogs, so of course cats are on the menu. In large parts of the south, Burmese pythons are an invasive species that will definitely eat your cats. Seriously, in what capacity do house cats not have any predators? This person has to live in some upper middle class suburban neighborhood and has no idea what the rest of the world is like.
Even in rich upper middle class neighborhoods in the suburbs you still have deer and I've seen deer kill cats and dogs too.

Genesis Does

16-bit arcade graphics
kiwifarms.net
Even in rich upper middle class neighborhoods in the suburbs you still have deer and I've seen deer kill cats and dogs too.

Deer are no joke. They're surprisingly violent for being considered harmless by so many people. I'd honestly rather run into a timber rattler in the wild than a herd of deer. At least Rattlesnakes typically don't want a confrontation and use their rattle to tell you to go away, deer will actually attack you.

Sleazy Car Salesman

kiwifarms.net
Deer are no joke. They're surprisingly violent for being considered harmless by so many people. I'd honestly rather run into a timber rattler in the wild than a herd of deer. At least Rattlesnakes typically don't want a confrontation and use their rattle to tell you to go away, deer will actually attack you.
Depends on the time of year really. Most of the time if you don't act aggressive towards them they either run away or leave you be, it's during the rut you need to be a bit more careful. With that said though I live in an area where they still have natural predators and deer season is practically a state holiday so the local herds have a healthy fear of humans.

Haint

This is my hole. It was made for me!
kiwifarms.net
Ive seen deer so crazy shit, at close proximity. Walking power line right of ways was always tricky. Deer would bed down in tall grass completely hidden, then pop up when I would get about 5 feet from it. Full grown does and bucks too. Scared me every time. Coming up on a fawn was always worrying, mama is not far away. Saw a young dumb buck charging a SUV and then get launched 20ft in the air. City deer are dangerous, unpredictable, and a major safety concern.

Protip: Be on the look out for bears now. Bears are becoming more common and venturing closer to cities.

grimacefetishist

If only anyone would explain to me why I'm single
kiwifarms.net
I hate the cats=t. gondii zeitgeist. You're more likely to get toxo from not living in the USA (or idk, anywhere else that's as neurotic about pasteurized food I guess) than you are just from owning a cat. Toxo infections are almost always subclinical anyway, so there's not much practical reason to be so pious about not having it.

Also I fucking hate deer. The only sad thing about Bambi's mom dying is that she was a country deer who likely never did anything annoying. To the deer who almost killed me on a business trip in fucking Schaumburg Illinois, fuck you, and to the deer who rip to shreds my "pest" (squirrel) proof garden shit, I hope you all get shot. (general you, sorry if you are bambi's mom or something)

Last edited:

Large

kiwifarms.net
I hate the cats=t. gondii zeitgeist. You're more likely to get toxo from not living in the USA (or idk, anywhere else that's as neurotic about pasteurized food I guess) than you are just from owning a cat. Toxo infections are almost always subclinical anyway, so there's not much practical reason to be so pious about not having it.
Gondi fucks your brain. Increases your likelyhood of causing a traffic accident, starting a business and going schizo among other things.

grimacefetishist

kiwifarms.net
Gondi fucks your brain. Increases your likelyhood of causing a traffic accident, starting a business and going schizo among other things.
I know what t gondii is, and I feel you are stupid for honestly believing this.

The meme got popular because of an artist who liked cats went insane. He only ever had one cat though, so even if there is proof he had a cyst in his brain it's still more likely he got it from unpasteurized dairy in his childhood. And his mom and sisters went insane as well. Could have been a genetic dead end, lead poisoning, etc

Large

kiwifarms.net
I know what t gondii is, and I feel you are stupid for honestly believing this.

The meme got popular because of an artist who liked cats went insane. He only ever had one cat though, so even if there is proof he had a cyst in his brain it's still more likely he got it from unpasteurized dairy in his childhood. And his mom and sisters went insane as well. Could have been a genetic dead end, lead poisoning, etc

grimacefetishist

kiwifarms.net
Toxo made me gay, fuck cats I fucking hate cats

Not denying that injury is possible. Pretty sure it's what one of the Slaton kids had

However, it does also state, even in your linked articles, that the infection in most cases is inert. So it's still a stupid thing to be realistically concerned about. If you can't wash your hands before eating or keep kids out of shitpits then you have bigger problems than cats

It's not like a flu which can be passively passed from pet to owner. You have to ingest a whole turd that has been sitting out for more than 24 hours. Which is why most people who have toxo are French people, because they eat unpasteurized dairy. So no matter how much they hate cats, it won't save them

If these people have ever had fresh cream, their piety on this is hypocritical, and if they haven't then that's too bad I guess.

ScurvyRat

kiwifarms.net
This is incredibly retarded.
I have a herd of deer that come through my yard on the daily and will scatter like roaches if I move too quickly in the window.
Posted by a city-dwelling autist who's never seen a real deer
>deer will actually attack you
what a fucking retard you are

grimacefetishist

kiwifarms.net
This is incredibly retarded.
I have a herd of deer that come through my yard on the daily and will scatter like roaches if I move too quickly in the window.
Posted by a city-dwelling autist who's never seen a real deer
>deer will actually attack you
what a fucking retard you are
In my defense, city dwelling "fake" deer are probably based

Toolbox

Buy dat dawgs
kiwifarms.net
Okay, so that comment about no natural predators is 100% pure bullshit. Where I live, you have to be careful about letting your animals out at night because a coyote might actually catch it and eat it. They even eat medium to large sized dogs, so of course cats are on the menu. In large parts of the south, Burmese pythons are an invasive species that will definitely eat your cats. Seriously, in what capacity do house cats not have any predators? This person has to live in some upper middle class suburban neighborhood and has no idea what the rest of the world is like.
It's not that they have no natural predators, it's that there is no way in hell the natural predators especially in and around suburban, urban areas would have a large enough population to deal with the amount of cats people let roam. If there are actually any natural predators in decent numbers for most developed regions.

AnOminous

Villain, I have done thy mother.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Stay away from deer you retard
There are two times they're dangerous, during rutting season and a doe with offspring (like this dumb dog and cat found out). Even then, you usually have to startle them or appear to be threatening them. They don't just attack you out of nowhere.

Gingervitis

kiwifarms.net
There are two times they're dangerous, during rutting season and a doe with offspring (like this dumb dog and cat found out). Even then, you usually have to startle them or appear to be threatening them. They don't just attack you out of nowhere.
This doesn’t disprove his point of “stay away from deer”. Granted, that advice would work well for most wild animals.

AnOminous

Villain, I have done thy mother.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This doesn’t disprove his point of “stay away from deer”. Granted, that advice would work well for most wild animals.
Well, hard to do that when you look out your window and they're eating your garden and you have to chase them off. And by "chase" I don't mean run at them, I mean just go outside at all, or even look at them menacingly from a distance.

Sleazy Car Salesman

kiwifarms.net
Well, hard to do that when you look out your window and they're eating your garden and you have to chase them off. And by "chase" I don't mean run at them, I mean just go outside at all, or even look at them menacingly from a distance.
I don't think that anybody was saying that deer were actively aggressive, just that they are a real nuisance and that under the correct circumstances can be legitimately dangerous.

Sangria

click stealth rock
kiwifarms.net
Not to mention birds of prey. One of my neighbor's cats was almost snatched by some kind of hawk, and only managed to escape with his life cause the neighbor was nearby and shouted at it as it was swooping, scaring it off