Law R. Kelly Charged with 10 Counts of Aggravated Sexual Abuse - 3rd Times A Charm?

Will R Kelly's charges stick this time?

• Yes

Votes: 34 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • But he black....

Votes: 92 64.3%

• Total voters

Aristophanes

Writing plays for Lolcows since 446 BC
kiwifarms.net

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I know people hate #metoo around here, but honestly that is a huge part of why he is going to prison this time.
I doubt many people would say that the concept of #MeToo was a bad one. Nobody can oppose victims being more encouraged to speak out and share their stories, right?

It's just that the movement has absolutely transformed into something of a farce.

ColorfulCassowary

Arrrrr
kiwifarms.net
I had no idea the black community was so attached to this guy. I always saw him as this basic R&B singer, like any other. There's practically no difference between him and Jason Derulo to me.

• Feels
Reactions: FierceBrosnan

Troutsmacked

kiwifarms.net
I had no idea the black community was so attached to this guy. I always saw him as this basic R&B singer, like any other. There's practically no difference between him and Jason Derulo to me.
He was pretty hot shit in the 90s and early 2000s, back when there was less competition in the black R&B with a bit of rap and gospel crossover market. When the tapes of him having sex and pissing all over a teenager leaked and there was a media circus surrounding it the black community rallied behind him.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net

frozenrunner

I could really use the salt
kiwifarms.net
I know people hate #metoo around here
Why would anyone hate unprincipled mob behavior?

?

I doubt many people would say that the concept of #MeToo was a bad one. Nobody can oppose victims being more encouraged to speak out and share their stories, right?
That's never what it was about. From the beginning it was about subverting the justice system for guaranteed "mob justice" because stronk wammen are too fragile and weak to do what men are expected to do.

_Wice

kiwifarms.net
Hell, I wouldn’t even say that #metoo’s the reason why R. Kelly’s going to prison. It’s definitely gave him more attention and led to the documentary being made, but ultimately the video of one of his victims going viral on Twitter back in 2017 and it being revealed that he essentially runs a sex cult was what put him back in the spotlight. Even if it weren’t for the sexual assaults he would’ve gone to prison for his insane amount of debt. Or at least he would’ve slipped up eventually.

ColorfulCassowary

Arrrrr
kiwifarms.net
That's never what it was about. From the beginning it was about subverting the justice system for guaranteed "mob justice" because stronk wammen are too fragile and weak to do what men are expected to do.
Well, if by accident or on purpose, it did end up doing a bit of good. It managed to do damage to actual rapists like Weinstein, Cosby, Spacey, and now it might have another victim in the form of R Kelly. Maybe my standards are a bit too low, but this movement unfurled much more gracefully than expected, especially when you juxtopose it with other left wing movements, like BLM.

• Agree
Reactions: FierceBrosnan

frozenrunner

I could really use the salt
kiwifarms.net
Well, if by accident or on purpose, it did end up doing a bit of good. It managed to do damage to actual rapists like Weinstein, Cosby, Spacey, and now it might have another victim in the form of R Kelly. Maybe my standards are a bit too low, but this movement unfurled much more gracefully than expected, especially when you juxtopose it with other left wing movements, like BLM.
Cosby is a rare example of #LookAtMeToo that ended up with actual legal justice being done. The last I checked, Weinstein and Spacey were laying low and enjoying their millions. This slacktivist hashtag "movement" bullshit isn't even properly punishing woman-beaters, molestors, and rapists. If people commit those serious crimes, they need to face jail time, not skate away with ruined careers.

Before the rule of law, mob justice was all we had. And the nature of mob justice is it's a blunt, destructive tool. Yeah, it punishes a lot of bad guys... while also getting a lot of innocent people hurt/killed and even letting guilty people go (because outraged mobs don't require evidence of or rational arguments for guilt). It was better than nothing.

Now we have the rule of law. It isn't perfect (nothing is perfect), but justice systems are infinitely better than mob justice at determining who is factually guilty, who is innocent, and what reasonable, proportional punishments are (instead of turning every slight into "you need to die/be maimed/have your life destroyed").

The only problem is it doesn't satisfy us the same way lynching people did. And so... modern day lynch mobs, and people fucking lying about what they're doing. "I'm standing up against abuse for myself and for women everywhere!" Etc. No they're not. They're narcissistically satisfying a dangerous primal urge by demanding a specific end result ("believe all women") without subjecting claims to scrutiny, then post facto justifying it as "justice." (Most "social justice" is the same way.) They're full of shit when they claim it's about right and wrong.

Don't expect anyone to be impressed when angry lynch mobs hang a few bad guys while running amok. I'm sure one or two of those blacks who got lynched in the American South actually raped white women, too. If we want justice for abused women, then we have to teach them to be assertive in demanding law enforcement find and punish their abusers in a timely fashion, not to talk about how strong and independent they are while they sit meekly in silence and allow abusers to get away.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino