r/KotakuInAction weighs in on Deagle Nation being over -

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why do they even care so much? He mega-rolled their enemy. He was a caricature of the gamergate audience as described by anti-gg press. Clickbait press fell for it and looked stupid. KiA should be celebrating, saying "told you we're not really like that, only an idiot would fall for that!" But they're just gonna get offended the spotlight was off them for awhile.

Reddit Avenger

A Shitposter Denied His Homeland
kiwifarms.net
This might be slightly off-topic but what even is the point of GG anymore? Like have they finally given up all pretenses of being about journalistic ethics/"misogyny" and just degraded into the autistic slap fight it was all along? I mean does anyone even read these articles who isn't already invested in one side or the other?

DangerJones

kiwifarms.net
This might be slightly off-topic but what even is the point of GG anymore? Like have they finally given up all pretenses of being about journalistic ethics/"misogyny" and just degraded into the autistic slap fight it was all along? I mean does anyone even read these articles who isn't already invested in one side or the other?
my observation is that at this point its just douche v. turd and no one side can really say they're better than the other

Last edited:

Truck Rockfort

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jace and Chris were the people who convinced me that all of what is left of GG now is nothing but spregs. I remember when the Gamestop incident happened I had to argue with people that Chris pepper spraying someone had absurdly nothing to do with GG and the only connection Chris ever had with GG was one Facebook post made whiny about it but people still would not accept that and keep on gloating that it was a win for GG.

Jace even hammered in the point further be showing how spiteful and pathetic GG has gotten with them pathetically trying to get him arrested and that no matter how much you tried to tell them he was a delusional schizophrenic that was more of a harm to himself than anyone else and barely had a grasp on what GG was besides trannies trying destroy the video game industry, they still would not listen and keep on going on how Jace was ruining GG by existing.

You had a good intentions in the beginning GG and I was on your side then, but you fucked it up by letting the spregs hijack it and changing your tone to a "us vs. them" attitude where anything not 100% with GG is the enemy making you ironically is no different that anti-GG.

KingGeedorah

The Monster From Planet X
kiwifarms.net
I wonder, when we look back in our history books a few decades from now, if this slice of autism ( the entirety if GG) will be laughed and ridiculed or a brand of shame which everyone tries to hide.

Ultimate Grisby

The new face of nightmares
kiwifarms.net
I thought back when Jace was acting that him being the most rational in the shit-flinging ape dome that is the GG debate said a lot about GamerGate (especially in the Reuben/King of /pol/ interviews).

And my point still stands. A paranoid schizophrenic that faced head trauma from a car accident would still be more rational than GamerGate.

Morbid Boredom

Transgoth transteen transwoman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder, when we look back in our history books a few decades from now, if this slice of autism ( the entirety if GG) will be laughed and ridiculed or a brand of shame which everyone tries to hide.
Only in the most esoteric of books. This dubious event pertains to Women's Studies, Journalism and Public Relations. This will never make it into a High School Level history textbook.

• Agree
Reactions: Trombonista

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Those in GamerGate should know that they weren't the only ones played with. They should at least know that even those against them fell for it. Granted, this is KiA which from what @Dynastia says is the "neckbeards" of the group but even then, some within /GamerGate/ could no doubt feel salty. Sure, the media would use Jace but in the end, they used a fictional character from a guy who fooled everyone.

OfflineCyberBully

Online Only
kiwifarms.net
The double order of arse ache and tall glass of salty tears from some camps is almost as hilarious as the antics of Deagle Nation.
Instead of using this as an opportunity for self-reflection, in terms of how things get distorted through the Internet, fandom, etc., this knee-jerk pissy reaction from people who should know better - given that they're able to type, so they should have some degree of intelligence - is proving the kernel of truth at the core of the Deagle Nation caricatures.

Reactions: GREEDY FIREMAN

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Those in GamerGate should know that they weren't the only ones played with. They should at least know that even those against them fell for it. Granted, this is KiA which from what @Dynastia says is the "neckbeards" of the group but even then, some within /GamerGate/ could no doubt feel salty. Sure, the media would use Jace but in the end, they used a fictional character from a guy who fooled everyone.
I visit both the KiA subs and the Gamerghazi subs. KiA seems to be aware they need to tread lightly lest they make fools of themselves to everybody, where as ghazi is just full idiots foaming at the mouth with self-rightous indignation and never take a self-reflective moment. That said both take themselves WAY too seriously. They're basically forever deadlocked in an online war of attrition with each other. Neither will stop til they "win", but both sides have already done things to make themselves look irredeemably ridiculous.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think it's notable enough to make it into any kind of history book. It's notable to Gawker and to people who spend way too much time on certain parts of the internet, but that's about it, most normal people forgot about it months ago and weren't really sure what it was about in the first place.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino