/r/LateStageCapitalism - Yet more godless, freedom-hating Communists on Reddit

Audit_The_Autist

spoopy harry potter cloak with a hitachi wand
kiwifarms.net
Here's r/LSC's latest 2 minute hate on why STEM majors are really useless and why their English degree is really more important to society.
HgnL7FaADfleB4PxKEDHWI3nG8yTTt5-CwAghiOxRjs.png

upload_2018-5-3_15-52-45.png

Slowboat to China

Level 6 Hairy Hands Syndrome
kiwifarms.net
Here's r/LSC's latest 2 minute hate on why STEM majors are really useless and why their English degree is really more important to society.

View attachment 440935

That's fucking dumb. Speaking as an EngLitfag, art is important, but not more important than shit like science and math. The disciplines all need to work together in order to achieve maximum results.

Also, it's really funny to see reddit commies saying grammar is important. Last I heard, grammar was an oppressive tool of the cisheteropatriarchy and used to invalidate non-cisheterowhite narratives. Why are you invalidating the STEM majors' nonstandard narratives, you assholes?

Audit_The_Autist

kiwifarms.net
That's fucking dumb. Speaking as an EngLitfag, art is important, but not more important than shit like science and math. The disciplines all need to work together in order to achieve maximum results.

Also, it's really funny to see reddit commies saying grammar is important. Last I heard, grammar was an oppressive tool of the cisheteropatriarchy and used to invalidate non-cisheterowhite narratives. Why are you invalidating the STEM majors' nonstandard narratives, you assholes?
If you go elsewhere in the thread, they had a fun rant on scientists misunderstanding sources and using them improperly. I suppose if only our STEM majors spent more time analyzing modern feminist literature that this problem would never happen.
upload_2018-5-3_21-36-34.png

in response to
upload_2018-5-3_21-36-52.png

The daughter is bound to go to more places than the Master's degrees cuck.

Master's degrees are for people who won't commit to a PhD but also can't find a job upon graduating.

Audit_The_Autist

kiwifarms.net
Amazing, Kim Jong Un has solved the problem of light pollution! Just look at how much North Korea cares about their astronomers. They love them so much that they leave most of the country without nighttime lights that would interfere with their view of the stars. Really, how can anyone compete with their dedication toward science? I bet they've also got a plan to deal with uninteresting television and internet by limiting it to only state-sanctioned sources that have been screened for interesting content.

Last edited:

Pointless Pedant

Breaking the chains of gravity
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Master's degrees are for people who won't commit to a PhD but also can't find a job upon graduating.

No, they open up a lot more job opportunities, at least here. You can't get chartered as an engineer without a Master's.

They are, however, unnecessary for the role of professional Reddit whiner.

Audit_The_Autist

kiwifarms.net
You can't get chartered as an engineer without a Master's.
Interesting, in the US, our process for becoming a licensed professional engineer doesn't require a master's degree. Instead, it requires the bachelor's degree followed by four years of tutelage under a licensed engineer and a series of comprehensive exams. It's interesting how becoming a licensed engineer can have such drastically different requirements depending on the country.

Stock Photo James

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 440935
Do these idiots expect the fully automated luxury communism with all zero carbon footprint farms huge enough to feed the world to be built out of commas and proper use of apostrophe?

That person types like they want others to see them as revolutionary vanguard threatening a filthy kulak and directing the people to revolution but comes off as some angry spoiled child throwing a tantrum.

The Shadow

Charming rogue
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 440935
"What good is a STEM degree if you can't effectively communicate..."
Well, arguably, we do need English professors, but we don't need that many. There's no reason to subsidize some tard's "Gender and Class in Harry Potter". That has nothing to do with teaching people to communicate effectively and is just mental masturbation where everyone claps. There's not a mechanical engineer on the planet that needs to know about postmodern theory in order to tell the technicians how to build that railgun.

And to top that off- most humanities majors can't effectively communicate anyways. I've seen (and attempted to proofread) English major papers that wouldn't have flown when I was in High School that got A grades because they agreed with the professor's politics or pet theories.

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"What good is a STEM degree if you can't effectively communicate..."
Well, arguably, we do need English professors, but we don't need that many. There's no reason to subsidize some tard's "Gender and Class in Harry Potter". That has nothing to do with teaching people to communicate effectively and is just mental masturbation where everyone claps. There's not a mechanical engineer on the planet that needs to know about postmodern theory in order to tell the technicians how to build that railgun.

And to top that off- most humanities majors can't effectively communicate anyways. I've seen (and attempted to proofread) English major papers that wouldn't have flown when I was in High School that got A grades because they agreed with the professor's politics or pet theories.

I study physics and chemistry, and there are a lot of typos in the lecture notes, but I can't compare what humanities notes are like. I would say that I'm a better writer than anyone on LSC, but that's mostly just not being a moron.

Audit_The_Autist

kiwifarms.net
I study physics and chemistry, and there are a lot of typos in the lecture notes, but I can't compare what humanities notes are like. I would say that I'm a better writer than anyone on LSC, but that's mostly just not being a moron.
Well, there was a particularly well-written communications textbook that I once read. Grammatically, it was perfect and the author brilliantly wove her passages with analogies and rhetoric. The only problem was that she was also trying to convince me that my washing machine was sexist and discriminated against women whilst my car's seats discriminated against short people.

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, there was a particularly well-written communications textbook that I once read. Grammatically, it was perfect and the author brilliantly wove her passages with analogies and rhetoric. The only problem was that she was also trying to convince me that my washing machine was sexist and discriminated against women whilst my car's seats discriminated against short people.

Washing machines discriminated against women by making it far quicker and easier for them to do laundry, thus facilitating more participation in the paid workforce.

What was the actual :autism: argument?