Plagued /r/TNOmod and the Reddit HOI4 modding community - When a subreddit for a video game mod turns to utter insanity

Gone Ham

Ask me about Laserdisc
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was there during the whole cum in class convo, wasn't seen as a funny bit but more as a "hell yeah dude"-tier one.
The general rule of thumb for non-lead TNO devs is that they aren't really capable of explicitly horrifying shit, but are horrifyingly, inexplicably horny.
The fact it wasn't seen as funny, and was more "hell yea" is even more disturbing. You had an intersex child jerking it in the middle of a classroom, where if they were an adult, they'd be arrested and fucking sent to jail. If anything, this raises even more questions

Montalbane

kiwifarms.net
My reaction to this whole shitshow.
d333648841f8976af58698fa75eaa5c145fb6030d32eacbcb47aadac37f9cd4e_1.jpg

HumanHive

Human Behavior is Exceptional Behavior
kiwifarms.net
Oh boy uhm, well, I've managed to secure an interview with Panzer sometime in the future. Didn't exactly expect to have him agree to said interview, but it should be interesting. If you guys have any questions or shit you want me to ask him directly, just message it to me...
Ask him why he thought a mod about Nazi victory was the best way to prove he wasn’t a Nazi. And press him on it, because I think he’s just in the closet now that being alt-left is cool.

Montalbane

kiwifarms.net
Ask him why he thought a mod about Nazi victory was the best way to prove he wasn’t a Nazi. And press him on it, because I think he’s just in the closet now that being alt-left is cool.
To be fair Fatherland is set in an a world where the nazis won and it has some genuine critiques of nazism that work.

I would ask why are some of the protagonists of the mod so out of character.
Like the Heydrich redemption path and the wholesome 100 russian warlords.
Also ask him why he is gay.

HumanHive

Human Behavior is Exceptional Behavior
kiwifarms.net
To be fair Fatherland is set in an a world where the nazis won and it has some genuine critiques of nazism that work.

I would ask why are some of the protagonists of the mod so out of character.
Like the Heydrich redemption path and the wholesome 100 russian warlords.
Also ask him why he is gay.
Critiques of nazism are all well and good, but what most people do when they lose interest in or become disillusioned with something is distance themselves from it. Basic psychology. You avoid what you now consider negative stimulus and rebuild your mental image around something else.

Instead Panzer fucking dives headfirst into a world where fascism is as much the norm as neoliberalism is OTL. Fucking why? The easiest answer for me is this is how he gets to play wehraboo and still pretend to be “so over nazism” in his online friend group. But if he was honest with himself, he’d just admit he has a Nazi fetish and wishes he too could be heiled by adoring crowds after replacing some minority culture with european norms - as befitting the wh*toid man’s burden.

Kanuckski

kiwifarms.net
Oh boy uhm, well, I've managed to secure an interview with Panzer sometime in the future. Didn't exactly expect to have him agree to said interview, but it should be interesting. If you guys have any questions or shit you want me to ask him directly, just message it to me...
I can imagine he's just doing it for attention like his other two interviews, and how he just wants to "clear things up." But, I'd like to hear about his motivation for doing interviews and how he feels about his previous two in hindsight. https://archive.vn/b4wjS If he or anyone else needs a refresher, this first one is from the Canada Files, which is releases articles decrying that the Canadian political parties don't get it and what's happening to Ughurs is justified because of the high terrorism in the region, and discusses the "impending" 2nd American civil war and fascist uprising in the Canadian military. This interview gives him some platitudes like talking about himself and his motivations and inspirations. But, also largely focuses on how it criticizes America, and Japan. While propping up an heroic China in the later decades of content.

https://quillette.com/2020/11/26/the-videogame-that-takes-us-inside-the-hell-of-a-nazi-run-world/ His second one is on an alt-right website that has previously released anti-black race science articles, yet he's happy to jump in and have an interview. This interview again gives him a little introduction, and followed by an extended summary of the mod and some popular gameplay paths. It then turns into a tangent about how depicting Nazis in video games isn't always bad, despite what Youtube channel Extra Credits and those darn leftwingers claim.

I find both these interviews very interesting because Panzer claims he does them for attention and promotion his brand. But, seems surprised to learn of the contents of said interviews when they're brought up to him the first time. Mentioning he disagrees with their end statement about Nazis in video games and Extra Credits points (which was that players should be penalized for playing as Nazis in WW2 games or have some thing enforced that mentions they're bad) as for the Canada files, I have no idea how he reacted to that one. But, the commonality between these two interviews is that Panzer and his mod are used as mouthpieces to push the narratives the site wants, with little interest in engaging viewers about him and his mod beyond what's necessary to sell the site's narrative.

Dennis Ephram

kiwifarms.net
I can imagine he's just doing it for attention like his other two interviews, and how he just wants to "clear things up." But, I'd like to hear about his motivation for doing interviews and how he feels about his previous two in hindsight. https://archive.vn/b4wjS If he or anyone else needs a refresher, this first one is from the Canada Files, which is releases articles decrying that the Canadian political parties don't get it and what's happening to Ughurs is justified because of the high terrorism in the region, and discusses the "impending" 2nd American civil war and fascist uprising in the Canadian military. This interview gives him some platitudes like talking about himself and his motivations and inspirations. But, also largely focuses on how it criticizes America, and Japan. While propping up an heroic China in the later decades of content.

https://quillette.com/2020/11/26/the-videogame-that-takes-us-inside-the-hell-of-a-nazi-run-world/ His second one is on an alt-right website that has previously released anti-black race science articles, yet he's happy to jump in and have an interview. This interview again gives him a little introduction, and followed by an extended summary of the mod and some popular gameplay paths. It then turns into a tangent about how depicting Nazis in video games isn't always bad, despite what Youtube channel Extra Credits and those darn leftwingers claim.

I find both these interviews very interesting because Panzer claims he does them for attention and promotion his brand. But, seems surprised to learn of the contents of said interviews when they're brought up to him the first time. Mentioning he disagrees with their end statement about Nazis in video games and Extra Credits points (which was that players should be penalized for playing as Nazis in WW2 games or have some thing enforced that mentions they're bad) as for the Canada files, I have no idea how he reacted to that one. But, the commonality between these two interviews is that Panzer and his mod are used as mouthpieces to push the narratives the site wants, with little interest in engaging viewers about him and his mod beyond what's necessary to sell the site's narrative.
read a bit through canada files interview

> Because Star Wars, which you brought up in your question, is a Vietnam Protest movie.

shouldn't have, now im 1 year closer to Alzheimer

Jaromar

Sneed? I'm more of a Chuck guy
kiwifarms.net
Why does he lie about all the grooming stuff besides all the evidence?
Why does he force crunch on his VOLUNTEER devs?
Ask him about the pink book and his "totally ironic" cult of personality.

Vigilante

kiwifarms.net
How much does he know of Cass/Atlantica as these moderators for TNO Redux were often chosen by TNO itself to control the place.

Vigilante

kiwifarms.net
Why does he lie about all the grooming stuff besides all the evidence?
Why does he force crunch on his VOLUNTEER devs?
Ask him about the pink book and his "totally ironic" cult of personality.
Simple
1. He doesn't want this to escalate further because he is in deep trouble anyways.
2. As a dev in TNO myself they often made short deadlines for bragging rights and because Panzer was paranoid that if he didn't make a new expansion every few months, the mod would die off. Often he would force contributors of high value to stay in the mod while he needed them.
3. Simple politics, as the shadow council had shown that people have defied him and would also criticize him so he decided to indoctrinate his 'followers' to maintain loyalty. And if his followers took the mod seriously then Panzer could use it as his private army, like you have seen recently. This was shown when the Youtuber JustTheFacts had made a video criticizing TNO. He was forced to admit that it was clickbait unless he wanted to risk annihilation.

krestonosets1441

kiwifarms.net
Simple
1. He doesn't want this to escalate further because he is in deep trouble anyways.
2. As a dev in TNO myself they often made short deadlines for bragging rights and because Panzer was paranoid that if he didn't make a new expansion every few months, the mod would die off. Often he would force contributors of high value to stay in the mod while he needed them.
3. Simple politics, as the shadow council had shown that people have defied him and would also criticize him so he decided to indoctrinate his 'followers' to maintain loyalty. And if his followers took the mod seriously then Panzer could use it as his private army, like you have seen recently. This was shown when the Youtuber JustTheFacts had made a video criticizing TNO. He was forced to admit that it was clickbait unless he wanted to risk annihilation.
>As a dev in TNO myself
nobody is believing your larp after your crap edited 'screenshots'. Stop shitting up the thread

Vigilante

kiwifarms.net
>As a dev in TNO myself
nobody is believing your larp after your crap edited 'screenshots'. Stop shitting up the thread
Ooh...
Did I hit a nerve...
Maybe you are pissed because someone criticized your god PANZER. BTW how does that faked screenshot feel? I had picked it off in discord where a lot of people are pissed at TNO. You guys have false reported videos and defended pedophiles, not to mention stirring up rumors and threatening to dox people. Now when we have the same capabilities, it became an outrage to you Nazi wankers.

slackjawed man

Currently fighting for Israel
kiwifarms.net
Ooh...
Did I hit a nerve...
Maybe you are pissed because someone criticized your god PANZER. BTW how does that faked screenshot feel? I had picked it off in discord where a lot of people are pissed at TNO. You guys have false reported videos and defended pedophiles, not to mention stirring up rumors and threatening to dox people. Now when we have the same capabilities, it became an outrage to you Nazi wankers.
Stop being a faggot

Jaromar

Sneed? I'm more of a Chuck guy
kiwifarms.net
Ooh...
Did I hit a nerve...
Cringe