Plagued /r/TNOmod and the Reddit HOI4 modding community - When a subreddit for a video game mod turns to utter insanity

Gone Ham

Ask me about Laserdisc
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So this... exists...
1F9AE698-8566-48CC-94FE-A2262FA3614A.png

Dagobert

kiwifarms.net
I don't know if Vigilante and the Roach make this thread be infected or not but to get slightly back to the discussion on HOI4 mods, has anyone checked out the mod "Make America Again?" I'm at work, so I can't glean too much ATM. The premise is that Trump refuses to step down on Jan. 20 and the whole USA explodes.

I can't tell how serious it is though, they gave Trump an eyepatch and made Kanye the leader of a country.

Also, enjoy a representation of the Hoi4 Modding Community I found.

Attachments

• 13s2dggw8bk61.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 61

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
Why are Turks so chill offline but total fucking lunatics online and over the most surreal things in their ultranationalism-poisoned brains..

I met one online who was absolutely flipping out over people criticizing the Brazilian olympics for being literally shitty and we could only theorize it's because the Olympic committee basically said, "We're going to be more strict over the infrastructure capabilities of host countries in the future," after it was over with and that translated into Turkish as, "Turkey will never get the Olympics."

Drihten

Destroy the Norman yoke.
kiwifarms.net
Why are Turks so chill offline but total fucking lunatics online and over the most surreal things in their ultranationalism-poisoned brains..

I met one online who was absolutely flipping out over people criticizing the Brazilian olympics for being literally shitty and we could only theorize it's because the Olympic committee basically said, "We're going to be more strict over the infrastructure capabilities of host countries in the future," after it was over with and that translated into Turkish as, "Turkey will never get the Olympics."
This is just something that happens with certain ethnicities, I've also met plenty of chill Turks in real life, as well as chill Scots, chill Irishmen, etc etc, but online it turns into a wankfest of nationalism and autism, perhaps because the cretins of these peoples stay indoors to post all day about it?

EpicGamerMoment

"If I could I would punch you into paralysis"
kiwifarms.net

I spent a lot of time online and nowadays it seems to be the opposite. Usually when a Turk is around some westerners will start the autism with “re-take constantinople” or “admit da genocide”. Turks on the internet are doing the opposite of nationalism in my observations now they’re trying to present themselves as “Le enlightened westernized self hating Turk”.

Drihten

Destroy the Norman yoke.
kiwifarms.net
I spent a lot of time online and nowadays it seems to be the opposite. Usually when a Turk is around some westerners will start the autism with “re-take constantinople” or “admit da genocide”. Turks on the internet are doing the opposite of nationalism in my observations now they’re trying to present themselves as “Le enlightened westernized self hating Turk”.
This too, it's a complete wankfest which is usually amusing to watch, you have autistic westerners on one side and autistic turks on the other, it just turns into a deluge of shitty dead memes and byzantine/ottoman wank

Senile

kiwifarms.net
Autism aside, have there been any more leaks of actual content? Im not interested in whatever drama message got leaked from a gorillion months ago, but this might be the wrong place to ask for that

Luftie

kiwifarms.net
I don't know if Vigilante and the Roach make this thread be infected or not but to get slightly back to the discussion on HOI4 mods, has anyone checked out the mod "Make America Again?" I'm at work, so I can't glean too much ATM. The premise is that Trump refuses to step down on Jan. 20 and the whole USA explodes.

I can't tell how serious it is though, they gave Trump an eyepatch and made Kanye the leader of a country.

As a dev for Make America Again, we're aiming for some parts of the mod to be somewhat more serious and realistic but it's mainly laid back. We're generally trying to make the mod more fun and give you more wacky paths than realistic boring ones.

Corpun

I am here for the HOI4 Thread.
kiwifarms.net
So he left one fanboy sperging group for another fanboy sperging group.

Saving that image, it is too accurate.

My take is it is a mix of internet autism and unbridled worship for Sultan-Caliph Erdogan who will totally restart the Ottoman Empire and isn't just grifting Turkish Islamist/Nationalist like he used to grift Turkish progressives.

NynchLiggers

kiwifarms.net
So he left one fanboy sperging group for another fanboy sperging group.

Saving that image, it is too accurate.

My take is it is a mix of internet autism and unbridled worship for Sultan-Caliph Erdogan who will totally restart the Ottoman Empire and isn't just grifting Turkish Islamist/Nationalist like he used to grift Turkish progressives.
There is something else, we don't see heavily xenophobic ethnicities such as Russians being this salty, Balkan people mostly fight each other rather than reeing at someone else

Corpun

I am here for the HOI4 Thread.
kiwifarms.net
There is something else, we don't see heavily xenophobic ethnicities such as Russians being this salty, Balkan people mostly fight each other rather than reeing at someone else
May be an inferiority complex as Turks used to have something greater. Balkans are mostly spending time shitt alking eachother as racially inferior. Russians used to have greater states but in terms of collapse they are still pretty sizable. Turks on the otherhand had an empire that stretched all the way into North Africa and lost it due to lack of reforms.