Plagued /r/TNOmod and the Reddit HOI4 modding community - When a subreddit for a video game mod turns to utter insanity

Adolf

kiwifarms.net
BTW, Pacifica mentioned about some Metwini dude. Any insights on that dude?
I've had a look in some of the chat logs all I found was him talking about substance abuse, a friend committing suicide and being banned from a discord server. What exactly did Pacifica say about him

Kilgour1928

kiwifarms.net
I've had a look in some of the chat logs all I found was him talking about substance abuse, a friend committing suicide and being banned from a discord server. What exactly did Pacifica say about him
Someone did an interview with Pacifica (her alt. account SusAmerica)and it seems that Metwini was some predator who groomed kids and got banned. Screenshots of the interview was put on SlackJawed's discord server and Slack also did ask if someone had got further details on Matwini.

Adolf

kiwifarms.net
Someone did an interview with Pacifica (her alt. account SusAmerica)and it seems that Metwini was some predator who groomed kids and got banned. Screenshots of the interview was put on SlackJawed's discord server and Slack also did ask if someone had got further details on Matwini.
Oh okay, I don't use discord.
I've only had a look through a couple of the chat logs but in the few that I went through I mostly skimmed what he wrote, the first time around I missed that he wrote this
Mewtini 1.PNGMewtini 2.PNG
I take the might lose two friends to depression to mean their suicides
He then talks about how he believes he made depression worse for one of them
Mewtini 3.PNG
Apparently he did make up with her though
Mewtini 4.PNG

He then talks about she might committed suicide a few weeks later
Mewtini 7.PNGMewtini 8.PNGMewtini 9.PNG

Later on in April this friend again cut off all contact due to a depressive episode which seems to have become a semi-frequent occurrence at that point
Mewtini 13.PNG

Here's the substance abuse shit
Substance abuse 1.PNGSubstance abuse 2.PNGSubstance abuse 3.PNGSubstance abuse 4.PNG

Btw all of this is from the logs for the "snowflakes anonymous" channel in case you want to verify it

Kilgour1928

kiwifarms.net
Oh okay, I don't use discord.
I've only had a look through a couple of the chat logs but in the few that I went through I mostly skimmed what he wrote, the first time around I missed that he wrote this
View attachment 2169223View attachment 2169226
I take the might lose two friends to depression to mean their suicides
He then talks about how he believes he made depression worse for one of them
View attachment 2169228
Apparently he did make up with her though
View attachment 2169230

He then talks about she might committed suicide a few weeks later
View attachment 2169232View attachment 2169233View attachment 2169234

Later on in April this friend again cut off all contact due to a depressive episode which seems to have become a semi-frequent occurrence at that point
View attachment 2169236

Here's the substance abuse shit
View attachment 2169239View attachment 2169240View attachment 2169241View attachment 2169242

Btw all of this is from the logs for the "snowflakes anonymous" channel in case you want to verify it
It might be true, but this shit dates back long ago and who knows what shit occurred in other chats and DMs? But iirc it was Pacifica herself who had him kicked. It could be Metwini may have made some sad stuff up to attract potential victims or he was doing this out of guilt because the messages seem to point that these were online relationships.

Radola Gajda

Legionář
kiwifarms.net
I wonder when they're gonna realize that developing 70's content for the majors will be more important than giving some bum fuck third world country a focus tree with its own little mechanics.
Or 12 different paths for German puppets that boils down to : " Germans will return in two years to continue raping you ." Choose:
A) Will you willingly bend over.
B) Will you try to fight back and lose because script says it.

But maybe it is better they will not touch 70s content because If they follow Panzers "divine plan"
It is going to be Nazi Germany + USA vs (good guy ) USSR.

morfent

kiwifarms.net
I'm guessing either you were on the team or know someone there, and if so, my condolences for spending time in that troons nest. What odds would you give on them finishing Toolbox Theory in, let's say the next 2 months? They should have learned from Panzer in regards to purging members (they didn't hesitate during that whole fiasco, why not with people who didn't fill their quotas), and they don't have to make hard decisions regarding cut content anymore. I think the delay is more on the Toolbox Theory team having to start from scratch (Freddy probably wasn't doing much) and expanding the scope, but I'm probably giving them way too much credit.
Toolbox Theory is a special case - unlike the other updates, it was only really developed by 8 people handpicked by Pacifica himself. These coders (ranging from "Senior Contributor" to "Developer") created the mechanics of the update, which is pretty much the only part of it that requires any sort of actual knowledge, as the rest is just basic paint-by-numbers stuff any teenager can do.

As these coders are rather experienced and valuable team members, they can obviously get away with more shit than common low-level team members. In general, all coders have no quotas (since it's near impossible to quantify that), so all progress reports are subjectively judged by the team leads / lead devs, who obviously aren't impartial in the slightest. Combine this with the fact that no coders was exclusively delegated to TT development (they could still work on bug fixes and their own local dev teams), and you might begin to understand the delays that have plagued the update for months now.

From what I know, the update was supposed to be "code complete" by January 2021 - at this time, it was supposedly announced that all mechanics were finished and only had to be implanted by the low-level coders of the rest of the team, stuff like manually rewriting near every focus to function with the new system. This was also the first time most team members got to test the patch themselves, which probably explains how the "wait this is actually not fun at all" realization took so long to hit.

Taker Of Piss

kiwifarms.net
Toolbox Theory is a special case - unlike the other updates, it was only really developed by 8 people handpicked by Pacifica himself. These coders (ranging from "Senior Contributor" to "Developer") created the mechanics of the update, which is pretty much the only part of it that requires any sort of actual knowledge, as the rest is just basic paint-by-numbers stuff any teenager can do.

As these coders are rather experienced and valuable team members, they can obviously get away with more shit than common low-level team members. In general, all coders have no quotas (since it's near impossible to quantify that), so all progress reports are subjectively judged by the team leads / lead devs, who obviously aren't impartial in the slightest. Combine this with the fact that no coders was exclusively delegated to TT development (they could still work on bug fixes and their own local dev teams), and you might begin to understand the delays that have plagued the update for months now.

From what I know, the update was supposed to be "code complete" by January 2021 - at this time, it was supposedly announced that all mechanics were finished and only had to be implanted by the low-level coders of the rest of the team, stuff like manually rewriting near every focus to function with the new system. This was also the first time most team members got to test the patch themselves, which probably explains how the "wait this is actually not fun at all" realization took so long to hit.
It turns out that they (apparently) finished the second code and mechanics rewrite for Toolbox. Let's see if history repeats itself and forces another redo. They also could just be gaslighting the plebs, but I have some hope since the team should have learned from the mistakes of Jakob and Fred.
progress.png

Kilgour1928

kiwifarms.net
It turns out that they (apparently) finished the second code and mechanics rewrite for Toolbox. Let's see if history repeats itself and forces another redo. They also could just be gaslighting the plebs, but I have some hope since the team should have learned from the mistakes of Jakob and Fred.
View attachment 2171306
Here is one thing I noticed. The TT and/or the economic system rework has a ton of pie graphs and a mechanic from which one can control how much of his GDP goes into military or civilian stuff along with an inflation mechanic for your currency. Another thing is also that the economic mechanic has four major currencies ( Reichsmarks, US$, Japanese Yen and Gold) which you also have to do shit with and probably lay an economic impact on the global ecomony with it.
If you have already got lost with the ton of stuff to do with this and far little details on how to even use or understand the mechanic, consider what would be the case with the AI. As everyone knows, the HOI4 AI has to ve taught everything for it to run this mechanic properly without getting outplayed by the player or breaking down or else the AI will spiral down into an economic crisis as it does not know what to do.
So in simple, you have to do tons of coding to fix the AI and tell it what to do and this cannot be done by a bunch of teenagers or idiots like the ones Pacifica hired. Indeed few HOI4 modders would know how to code the AI. Probably you would need some Paradox employee to work on that. So yeah toolbox theory and the Economic rework wont come out any time soon even without the purges or lack of devs.

Radola Gajda

Legionář
kiwifarms.net
Here is one thing I noticed. The TT and/or the economic system rework has a ton of pie graphs and a mechanic from which one can control how much of his GDP goes into military or civilian stuff along with an inflation mechanic for your currency. Another thing is also that the economic mechanic has four major currencies ( Reichsmarks, US$, Japanese Yen and Gold) which you also have to do shit with and probably lay an economic impact on the global ecomony with it.
If you have already got lost with the ton of stuff to do with this and far little details on how to even use or understand the mechanic, consider what would be the case with the AI. As everyone knows, the HOI4 AI has to ve taught everything for it to run this mechanic properly without getting outplayed by the player or breaking down or else the AI will spiral down into an economic crisis as it does not know what to do.
So in simple, you have to do tons of coding to fix the AI and tell it what to do and this cannot be done by a bunch of teenagers or idiots like the ones Pacifica hired. Indeed few HOI4 modders would know how to code the AI. Probably you would need some Paradox employee to work on that. So yeah toolbox theory and the Economic rework wont come out any time soon even without the purges or lack of devs.
Even Paradox can't (be bothered to) do that. EU4 AI is spiraling into debt all time So good luck getting help from your allies in offensive wars. In Victoria 2 you will get every month event:
Country X is no longer able to pay their debts.

I didnt play enough of other titles to comment on them.

Also another problem is they need to make it work while keeping game playable so it will not be one ingame month = one Irl hour

>tfw no astropath gf

"TLJ is an expression of autism"- Bilbo Baggins
kiwifarms.net
They might as well create their own game from scratch because I can't see HOI4 being able to handle that bloated mess of a mod, even if they manage to implement all those mechanics I doubt the AI will do anything other than crash and burn due to not being properly programmed to use the new mechanics.

Semiprofessional Sperg

A.K.A. Rabbi Adam "Cool" Friedland
kiwifarms.net
They might as well create their own game from scratch because I can't see HOI4 being able to handle that bloated mess of a mod, even if they manage to implement all those mechanics I doubt the AI will do anything other than crash and burn due to not being properly programmed to use the new mechanics.
I wonder if their community has enough balls to get in another uproar if it ends up sucking and needing a NASA level computer to run properly.

Rate me optimistic, but I feel like its now or never for them, the mod will die if the update sucks, and it will continue to die if they never update it.

>tfw no astropath gf

"TLJ is an expression of autism"- Bilbo Baggins
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if their community has enough balls to get in another uproar if it ends up sucking and needing a NASA level computer to run properly.
How many purges have their community gone through? I imagine the people that are still allowed there are there due to their hardcore loyalty to the dev team so they will probably shill for it and say that it's the best mod ever even if most people can play it, on the other hand, there are probably a lot people who don't really pay attention to the drama and just like the mod, so those people will most likely throw a revolt after they see that the update that was promised to be the second coming of Jesus ends up being a broken mess that they can't even run since they don't have a thermo-nuclear reactor attached to their PCs.
Rate me optimistic, but I feel like its now or never for them, the mod will die if the update sucks, and it will continue to die if they never update it.
It will probably happen something like this:
-update arrives and it sucks
-the masses revolt
-the dev team does another purge and promises that it will fix the bugs
-a half assed quickfix is released shortly after
-a chunk of their playerbase gets tired and abandon the mod
-the dev team promises a new update that will fix everything and also add 50 different new mechanics
And the cycle repeats until the mod playerbase is reduced to the hardcore shills who will stay with the dev team until the dev team itself collapses due to incompetence and drama.
That's my take on this.

Semiprofessional Sperg

A.K.A. Rabbi Adam "Cool" Friedland
kiwifarms.net
I usually don't post simple shit like this because it is pretty small time. But since we haven't seen any real content in a while or other interesting shit I'm gonna post anyway.

So, for some reason I was looking through that weird community section that youtube added in a while back on one of my accounts where I used to watch Paradox channels (I was bored I guess), and I came across famous and perfidious Slovakian, Mountain General, making fun of TNO people again. The comment section for his post is pretty anti-TNO as well. I just think its funny for a community which overwhelmingly loved this mod to have turned against it because of the Devs, the story, and the general playability, I guess there might be some rationality left in the average HOI4 player.

Here's his post:
1621121506757.png

Frost

Fiat iustitia, et pereat mundus
kiwifarms.net
I usually don't post simple shit like this because it is pretty small time. But since we haven't seen any real content in a while or other interesting shit I'm gonna post anyway.

So, for some reason I was looking through that weird community section that youtube added in a while back on one of my accounts where I used to watch Paradox channels (I was bored I guess), and I came across famous and perfidious Slovakian, Mountain General, making fun of TNO people again. The comment section for his post is pretty anti-TNO as well. I just think its funny for a community which overwhelmingly loved this mod to have turned against it because of the Devs, the story, and the general playability, I guess there might be some rationality left in the average HOI4 player.

Here's his post:
View attachment 2173782
He left the drama because he was getting called a nazi and shit like that but on his discord he still goes Anti TNO and lets people post things like this:

Taker Of Piss

kiwifarms.net
He left the drama because he was getting called a nazi and shit like that but on his discord he still goes Anti TNO and lets people post things like this:
View attachment 2173857
He probably hates them now since they refuse to support their glorious founder (changed his emotes, and don't really acknowledge him much). Good for them I guess, since having someone who embraced their cult of personality with edited Mao posters is horrific.

Here's his post:
View attachment 2173782
I'm guessing he was partially motivated by the fact that TNO hasn't released any new content in months, since no one wants to make or see 100 videos on the same shit except for genuine retards; I doubt he would be singing the same tune if TNO released new content consistently (and likewise for the general community, it's harder for them to be dissatisfied if they get spoonfed content) Either way, agreed with the last chance for the TNO team to maintain some relevancy with Toolbox, or their legacy will be that of an eternal lolcow.

EpicGamerMoment

"If I could I would punch you into paralysis"
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Pacifica rumor has it she re-joined the team under an alt. Wouldn’t surprise me but idk if she’s controlling shit behind the scenes or is just a regular coder/writer