Plagued /r/TNOmod and the Reddit HOI4 modding community - When a subreddit for a video game mod turns to utter insanity

Taker Of Piss

kiwifarms.net
How'd you confirm it, is there still an active leaker? If so some new leaks would be nice, this thread has slowed down a lot
If it really was confirmed, I'd imagine it would be mentioned in the old leaks. TNO team probably has dealt with all their leakers because we have not gotten any new dev information recently.
Is that the super secret server that only the top tier devs have access to
Most likely if true, Freddy probably wouldn't bother to show his face anywhere but the inner circles since a lower level dev would probably talk about it in the public discord and cause plenty of controversy.

Kilgour1928

kiwifarms.net
If it really was confirmed, I'd imagine it would be mentioned in the old leaks. TNO team probably has dealt with all their leakers because we have not gotten any new dev information recently.

Most likely if true, Freddy probably wouldn't bother to show his face anywhere but the inner circles since a lower level dev would probably talk about it in the public discord and cause plenty of controversy.
Is it that alt account called SusAmerica that he/she/it uses?

NashSuvorov

kiwifarms.net
I swear it is common sense that the AI will never work out how to use it. And that is basic knowledge for anyone who plays HOI4. How long can the plebs be gaslit on something so obvious?
They'll give the AI crutches, AI can't manage Burgundy so it gets crutched into never having a revolt and only using the Iberia globalplän (Burgundy's top secret plans for each region).

NashSuvorov

kiwifarms.net
At the moment we are 2 months away from TNO's one year anniversary and only one expansion is released
CRF is kinda unique in that it basically was the devs finishing up on what they had left, but was intended to show up in the first release like Novosibirsk or WerBell's Magadan. The latter had something done all the way back in like 2019. So the only "big" patch showing any real content that wasn't supposed to show up in release was After Midnight, which was basically a bugfix update with the Post-Taboritsky warlords thrown in since they were leaked.

EpicGamerMoment

"If I could I would punch you into paralysis"
kiwifarms.net
CRF is kinda unique in that it basically was the devs finishing up on what they had left, but was intended to show up in the first release like Novosibirsk or WerBell's Magadan. The latter had something done all the way back in like 2019. So the only "big" patch showing any real content that wasn't supposed to show up in release was After Midnight, which was basically a bugfix update with the Post-Taboritsky warlords thrown in since they were leaked.
TT is literally just a bunch of buttons and graphs yet it's stuck in dev hell. The expansions with actual country content (Events, Focus trees) will take God knows how long.

NashSuvorov

kiwifarms.net
TT is literally just a bunch of buttons and graphs yet it's stuck in dev hell. The expansions with actual country content (Events, Focus trees) will take God knows how long.
Those buttons and graphs take far longer than country content. There have been a lot more teasers from the content patches than from TT, which got one meaningful leak related to core mechanics (new economy) which got reverted after Pacifica left.

Gone Ham

I’ve been making shit content recently
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If they would add the ability to cancel focuses, made the focucues themselves shorter, and fixed production so that you can actually build new units TWR would become god tier.
They won't change the cancel thing because they said, and I quote, internally that "It'd be too hard to go through all the trees and fix it"

Lawrence of Algeria

"Do you have a single fact to back that up?"
kiwifarms.net
It's literally Ctrl + F and replace
So many HOI4 modders are fucking retards.
As someone who worked on debugging many mods, I can confirm that they're lazy retards, and many errors were caused by shitty copying and pasting.
Worst thing though was when I worked on a mod that was super-fucking-broken, and for every bug I fixed, the retards created 2 more. Many times I told the lead that we should slow down with adding new content and instead focus on fixing already existing stuff. He never listened. At some point, opening some menu (I don't remember what exactly was the cause, it was long ago) would allow you to create a several GB large error log, kinda like Göring's War Plan B tree in TNO on release.

I got tired of all the bullshit, and you can imagine we didn't part on good terms.