Plagued /r/TNOmod and the Reddit HOI4 modding community - When a subreddit for a video game mod turns to utter insanity

• Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

winderson_silva

kiwifarms.net
So they got someone to do the job for them, well, now they need to find someone to make the job for India since they want to focus 70% of the work in russian reunification.

cm94docfhq271.jpg

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
So they got someone to do the job for them, well, now they need to find someone to make the job for India since they want to focus 70% of the work in russian reunification.

View attachment 2225017
Honestly, I like what CSS has previewed in their dev posts (Still haven't played the Brazil demo though) so this is probably for the best for TNO. I doubt they'd be able to handle it better and since TNO has literally no content for SA outside of the US intervention in Guyana, it's not like TNO is throwing out any work.

Grave Ghost

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2225017
Who else remembers when Jakob would shoot down calls for integrating that mod into TNO by claiming that they have secret plans and ideas for South America lmfao. Looked at how that turned out.

EpicGamerMoment

"If I could I would punch you into paralysis"
kiwifarms.net
Who else remembers when Jakob would shoot down calls for integrating that mod into TNO by claiming that they have secret plans and ideas for South America lmfao. Looked at how that turned out.
When Panzer was lead dev their strategy was always “Fake it till you make it” but they would never make it.

Last edited:

Frost

Fiat iustitia, et pereat mundus
kiwifarms.net
this thread should serve to document TNO and hoi4 autism while we wait for a new shitshow to happen

NashSuvorov

One minute can decide the outcome of a troll.
kiwifarms.net
this thread should serve to document TNO and hoi4 autism while we wait for a new shitshow to happen
While I agree with you - an "Inactive" flair will suit the thread more.

Never know when some retard (accidentally) will create a new shitshow concerning TNO
Absolutely. They say that Toolbox Theory is soon going to release.

Lawrence of Algeria

#CancelKiwiFarms
kiwifarms.net
I think this might have been asked before but did Admiral Ackbar made anything beyond two songs for TNO? I remember when the mod was being hyped up in preproduction, Panzer indicated the mod would have an original soundtrack that had hours worth of music made by Admiral Ackbar.
Well, Panzer indicated many things.
Also an interesting post from the Admiral himself, from two years ago:
IMG_20210605_080008.jpg

And the replies:
IMG_20210605_080434.jpg
IMG_20210605_080609.jpg
Well, looks like he didn't get done much. And what he did wasn't included in the mod anyway - even the Burgundian Lullaby. I was quite surprised to start up TNO for the first time and hear the vanilla soundtrack. Also most music mods didn't work with TNO (although it was simple to fix). Why, well I don't know. But we're talking about the people that supposedly forgot to include the "common" folder in the mod on release, which holds a ton of important files. The release was a joke anyway, it was at least over an hour late (I don't remember how long exactly), because instead of uploading the mod on Steam a few hours earlier as private, and then making it public, good ol' Jakob started the upload late.

Why am I even talking about some few hour delay? Because Panzer declared that the mod will be released on [RELEASE DATE AND HOUR], "come hell or high water", even if it won't work. Well, he got the last part right I guess. Also people on their Discord sperged pretty hard when the release didn't come when it was supposed to.

Also bonus, 4 tracks:
https://soundcloud.com/admiralackbarmusic/sets/songs-of-the-new-order

So... I guess incompetence + rushing to release the thing.

Grave Ghost

kiwifarms.net
I think this might have been asked before but did Admiral Ackbar made anything beyond two songs for TNO? I remember when the mod was being hyped up in preproduction, Panzer indicated the mod would have an original soundtrack that had hours worth of music made by Admiral Ackbar.
The original sound track by Park was much better, and if I remember correctly he easily had 20+ renditions of period songs already made and ready to go, including this cover of House of the Rising Son which many people considered to be TNO's theme. His videos are still on his channel but are just private and I want to see if we could get them released just to spite Jakob even more.

EpicGamerMoment

"If I could I would punch you into paralysis"
kiwifarms.net
Well, Panzer indicated many things.
Also an interesting post from the Admiral himself, from two years ago:
View attachment 2232790
And the replies:
View attachment 2232815
View attachment 2232816
Well, looks like he didn't get done much. And what he did wasn't included in the mod anyway - even the Burgundian Lullaby. I was quite surprised to start up TNO for the first time and hear the vanilla soundtrack. Also most music mods didn't work with TNO (although it was simple to fix). Why, well I don't know. But we're talking about the people that supposedly forgot to include the "common" folder in the mod on release, which holds a ton of important files. The release was a joke anyway, it was at least over an hour late (I don't remember how long exactly), because instead of uploading the mod on Steam a few hours earlier as private, and then making it public, good ol' Jakob started the upload late.

Why am I even talking about some few hour delay? Because Panzer declared that the mod will be released on [RELEASE DATE AND HOUR], "come hell or high water", even if it won't work. Well, he got the last part right I guess. Also people on their Discord sperged pretty hard when the release didn't come when it was supposed to.

Also bonus, 4 tracks:
https://soundcloud.com/admiralackbarmusic/sets/songs-of-the-new-order

So... I guess incompetence + rushing to release the thing.
So he got kicked out for daring to speak out against le pink deity

Jah Hates Kaffirs

"You're saying she took CREDIT for the diaperfur?"
kiwifarms.net
Going against Panzer's cult of personality, how could he?

I never expected to use the term "cult of personality" in the context of a free video game mod, but there we are, and it fits.
I feel at this point the team has undergone destalinization.

The council leading it is basically a gang of less competent Khruschevs, if we keep going with the Cult of Personality metaphor.